IGNORED

Best glove in golf?

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On average my glove lasts about 3 or 4 weeks before it is totally ruined. So is there a glove that i can buy that will last a longer amount of time?

what glove are you using? FJ WeatherSof usually lasts me at least a couple of months.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Gonna have to go with any FJ

Weapons of Choice:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: 3 & 5 Power Play Caman's
Irons: Rac'sWedges: Professional Open Series 690 52 & 60 degreePutter: Crimson Series 550Bag: Stand BagGlove: MLBall: JUICE

Yes, the FJ WeatherSof is the glove I use. It last me many months.

S-
Driver: Nike Dymo² Str8-Fit 9.5° UST AXIV Core 69 Stiff
3 Wood: Nike Sumo² 3 Wood 15° Aldila VS Proto 65 Stiff
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 3/R 20° DGS300
Irons: Titleist AP2 3-PW PX 5.5 (+ 1/2" and 2° upright)
Wedge: Titleist Vokey Design 200 Series 52°/8° Wedge: Titleist Vokey...

I love my taylormade glove. Gets trashed in about 2 months but still, it is just amazing. I am going to give the FJ a try soon though, hopefully their glove is as good as their shoes.
Driver: Walter Hagen T3 Square
3 wood: Walter Hagen T3
Hybrids: Walter Hagen T3
Irons: Walter Hagen T3
Putter: Walter Hagen MalletChipper: EZ RollShoes: GreenJoyGlove: ReactBall: E5+ or HX Hot Bite16 years old

Glove maintenance tips:

Always remove your glove after your shot and put it on before your shot. This prevents a lot of sweat from getting in and drying the thing out down the road.

Rotate your gloves. Like shoes, the leather needs more than a day to really dry out. Rotating them gives them time to dry out before use again. Rotate them on the course. Bring 2 with you and use 1 for 9 and then the other. This will enhance the life of your glove. As they build moisture they increase their chance to be damaged greatly. Also, the more saturated in sweat they get the more their natural moisture gets sapped out and they get brittle and crack. Rotating gloves throughout the day helps a lot.

Don't take your playing gloves to the range. Use an old one. If you hit the range 4 times a week, that's 400 shots you're adding to your glove.

I've found that doing this allows my gloves to last a lot longer. But gloves aren't made to last forever. They are thin and will wear quickly. They're cheap enough where buying a couple every year isn't the end of the world. They often go on sale where you can get 3 for $25.00 or something. That should get you though a season, depending on your frequency.

I agree with the posts above, the FJ WeatherSof lasts a long time... The StaSof is more expensive but is a really great glove

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

I've started using a Japanese glove called Fit 39. It seems to be holding up much better than the FJ, Nike and Mizuno golves I've used before. It's also washable, though I haven't tried that yet.

It definitely fits better than any other glove I've tried and has a great grip. I've played or practiced every day for the last 4 weeks and it seems to be holding up well -- there's a little wear in the heel of the palm. With a normal glove I would have a hole there by now.

I used a Nike for alot of this and last season, I think those hold up pretty well and I do play alot. But I have been using a Taylormade for the last couple months and it has been great. Going to replace it soon.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

I always used Nike gloves, but recently change to FJ. And I have to say FJ is, by far, the best gloves I have used.

Driver TP Burner 8.5* Stiff
3 Wood SQ 15* stiff
5 Wood SQ 19* stiff
Irons MP 67 (3-PW) stiff
Wedge 52* and 56* stiffPutter Mtisushiba Ball

I like the cheap $7 Nike gloves, they seem to last as long as the more expensive gloves. I tend to get a couple of months out of a glove and I play roughly 27 holes a week. I also store my glove in the sleeve it came in. That seems to keep the glove from getting all dried out, brittle and crusty.

Also, I would think it would depend on alot of other things as well, grip pressure, types of grips on your clubs (cords probably wear gloves faster due to the abrasive nature)

I have the synthetic FJ gloves and they will last about 2-3 months. I purchased a few no name brand calbretta leather gloves on closeout from golfsmith at the beginning of the season and they are okay, but my thumb doesn't fit as well in them so it gets loose.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

I used to swear by the footjoys, and yes they are great gloves. I didn't have one last time I went golfing, and the only brand the pro shop had was Taylor made, and I am not pleased with it at all. The mizuno retroflex glove is the one I'm gaming, and to me, it is by far the best. I wear only one glove for the whole round, and I take it off between shots. The best way to keep sweat off your hands is to where wrist bands like the ones used in baseball and wear your glove and sweat won't be rolling into your glove. Try mizuno, they make some excellent golf equipment.

Footjoy stasof gloves are really good - I played those for a while.

Now I find that the Nike "Elite Feel" has a really good grip and feel (all leather no synthetic) to the inside of it due to the dri-fit stuff. Been playing them for 4 months or so. They don't last as long as the StaSof but $10.00 a glove off eBay I can change gloves twice as often for the same money (the Footjoy gloves do NOT last 2x the Nike glove so this is not required - just possible with the same $$).
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I usually wear a Nike glove, but for no other reason than, that is the one that fits best!

IN MY 

2014 :titleist: Lightweight Cart BAG:

DRIVER: :titleist: 913D2
3&5 Wood:  :titleist: 913F

HYBRIDS: :ping: G20 20* 
IRONS: :tmade: 09 Burners 4-PW
WEDGES: :vokey: 52 & 56*

PUTTER: :ping: 

One thing that helps my gloves stay usable longer is a plastic 'glove keeper'. Something on the order of the photo attached. I have a couple of these and they help. I got mine at a golf store, but no doubt available in many places. Maybe $3 or so.

(this is copy of a post I made in a different but comparable thread).

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

For the money you can't beat titleist best feeling glove I've ever worn and the one I'm using now has lasted bout two months

9* DYMO Str8fit- ust stiff
X 19* 5wood stock
Boxer 20* reg shaft
MT Pro-M gunmetal TT Dynamic Gold S300
52.6 oil 56.6 oil 60.4 oil Newport Beach 303pro-v1/ Pentawww.lantanagolf.com

while more expensive I love the bionic gloves. They last twice as long as the nike tour gloves did for me and feel much better too.

In my: Stand Bag

Driver Hibore XL 10.5 Stiff Red
3W Burner 15* Stff
3h Heavenwood 20* 4-PW - X-22 Tour w/ Project X 6.0GW 52*, SW 56*, LW 60* CG-14 Black PearlPutter White Hot #2Ball Z-URC

Note: This thread is 5364 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!