IGNORED

titleist AP1 irons

Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been thinking of getting a new set of irons. I've had a chance to hit The Titleist Ap1 irons and It seemed I hit them well. I was also thinking of the calloway x-18,20, or 22's. I was just looking for input on these irons. if you had or have these irons and what you think of them.

Driver- launcher 460 9.5
Irons- 7a knock offs
putter- Scotty cameron futura
ball- Prov 1x

I have the X20's, and they are great. I have hit the AP1's, and they are very good as well. Between these clubs, there are no bad choices, just pick what you hit best, and can get a good deal on.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

• Administrator
The AP1 are underrated clubs. I think the "Titleist" on them scare some people off...

If you like them, you have a choice:
1) buy them now, enjoy, use.
2) wait two months, buy the 2008 AP1s at a good discount
3) wait two months, buy the new 2009 AP1s (710 series)

Whatever you do, get fitted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Completely agree. Although I have never hit the AP1's. I've hit the AP2's and love them. I see you around a similar handicap - you ever try the AP2's? They are more of a 'players' club which I liked.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Love the AP1's... As the previous poster says, try out the AP2's as well...
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!