IGNORED

The Ocean Course Kiawah

Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played the Ocean Course on Kiawah for the first time this past Monday. I went out as a single with a caddy. I teed of at noon and the last group that teed off in front of me went out @ 9:00am. I had the entire course to myself.

The Ocean Course is amazing and it jumped right into my top 5 courses of all time. Every hole is awesome and challenging. Having a caddy saved me at least 10 shots.

It was a great day!

Glock 17

I hear it is a beast and very expensive like over 250 to play?

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I recently met some members there who obviously love the Ocean Course, but prefer the River Course there. Hope to play someday.

I bet it was pretty hot, eh?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Just played it as well. It was worth every penny. One of the most beautiful and challenging coursed I have ever played.

Per the caddie, I should have sprung for him, I was just telling someone that it would have saved my at least 5-7 strokes.

I highly recommend playing it if you get a chance

use to work a lot at Kiawah Island, (did constrution) have seen all the courses there, i think theres 4 maybe 5 never played it, but i must say very well designed and is on my list to play well worth the money, cant wait for the 2012 PGA, and im hoping the ryder cup will come back would be awsome

9* DYMO Str8fit- ust stiff
X 19* 5wood stock
Boxer 20* reg shaft
MT Pro-M gunmetal TT Dynamic Gold S300
52.6 oil 56.6 oil 60.4 oil Newport Beach 303pro-v1/ Pentawww.lantanagolf.com

Highest slope of any course in the world - 155

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I have certainly played tougher courses, so I think the slope is just hype for Kiawah development partners. That said, the Ocean Course is a great course. probably in the top 50 I have played.

What's the course in Arizona (I think) the Mickelson joined? I thought the slope was a little higher than that.

I've played Kiawah on Tiger Woods Golf. Does that count?

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Wasn't this the course in Bagger Vance????
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5510 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!