Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crazygoalie13

Wedges

3 posts in this topic

So my birthday is coming up, and i might ask for a new lob wedge, or new lob and sand. Basically, I wanted to know if there is a way for me to know which ones are supposed to be best for me. There are so many different kinds, and i need help.

Thanks.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Wedges are tricky because I don't know many people who actually 'demo' wedges like they do drivers and stuff...

You're pretty much safe with any of the major companies that come to mind. Titleist, Mizuno, Cleveland, Callaway, Ping, Srixon, Bridgestone, Taylor Made ALL make very nice wedges. My suggestion would to be go to your local golf store and just feel the weight of the wedges and swing them a little bit in the store. I'm not talking with golf balls, but just get the feel of them.

Whatever feels best to you, make the purchase and you should be fine...you really can't go wrong with any of the top companies as long as it feels comfortable in your hands.

Just my opinion, though.

Wedges are tricky because I don't know many people who actually 'demo' wedges like they do drivers and stuff...

Pretty much agree what he said. You cannot really go wrong with any wedge right now even if there is a lot to pick from. You should be happy with most of them. But if you can, try and go demo some if possible.