IGNORED

Bethpage Black post US Open

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In your first scenario, it really makes no sense to me. I can already tell you how most everyone on this board will match up to the pros and it isn't even close. Saying Tiger shot 70 at Bethpage and you shot 100 (which is more like it for a 15 handicapper) isn't really showing you anything except how much better the pros are than the average golfer (which has already been proven time and time again).

But there's nothing as effective as direct reality (as opposed to theory -- however sound and proven it may be) to give you a good slap in the face! :)

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I've played the Black a few dozen times in the last 10 years - but not yet this year.

I'm a 10-12 handicap and it is an absolute chore to break 95 from the whites (or wherever they have the tees set for the day - they only put tee markers on one tee box). I have no interest in playing the tips - there are 8 or 9 holes where you need to be 260-270 off the tee from the true tips. It's no fun.

The course kicks your ass from start to finish - no one, especially a 15, needs to screw around with the tips.

And drove by 1 green, 17 tee, 16 green and 15 tee today.....immaculate.

Well, I came back mentally and physically fatigued! Was very fun though.

The tee boxes were recently aerated so didn't want to anger any of the grounds crew so I just played from the blue tees instead of the tips. Drove the ball extremely well the entire day. The highlight of my day was a par on the 2nd hole where I hit a draw and was left with a 100 yard uphill approach shot which ended in a par. Had a couple other par's during the front 9 but the back 9 was BRUTAL! Overall, at the end of the day I felt like I just got back from the beach. My final score was 96, shot much worse on the back 9 due to fatigue since I usually play a 5,500 yard course.

« Keith »

Well, I came back mentally and physically fatigued! Was very fun though.

Thats very cool! I can't wait to play that course, although it's going to be a looooong time before I do.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Gentlemen;The open tees are never open and if you try to go back to them chances are you will be asked to leave.They have 3 sets of tees Blue white and Red that hte public is invited to play.They set the Blues at about 7250 or so and it is a bear from there.Next week they will be aearating the greens so of course it will be easy to get a time on it.As far as a 20 hcp playing it Why Not? as long as you keep up with the group in front of you go have fun.Pick up if you start to fall behind and fix balll marks and rake the traps and have a good time.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

You can only walk the Black course? no carts? How much do caddies cost?

In my clicgear.gif 2.0 Push Cart and callaway.gifgolf bag are - 

Z-Star driver 10.5  Mashie 3 and 7 metals  Mashie 4 hyrbird  Z-Star 4-PW Irons  cleveland.gifCG Black 48, 52, 56 degree wedges  GoLo putter  upro mx+ gps

You can only walk the Black course? no carts? How much do caddies cost?

No golf carts allowed but you can opt for a push cart. Caddies I believe are $100/bag.

« Keith »

god im such a redneck
i only golf muni's here, as memberships on the privates are like 4-6k

how much are caddies!!?? really
i need to make a trip to a "nice" course where they offer cool stuff like that!! hahah!
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I've never understood the "play from the tips so we can see what it is like" mentality but very cool that you got a tee time nonetheless.

i don't count my score unless i play from the tips.

May sound like a lame goal, but my goal is to play the green, the blue, and the yellow by the end of the summer. I'll save the red and black for next year . I'm actually gonna go down this week and register to reserve tee-times.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

May sound like a lame goal, but my goal is to play the green, the blue, and the yellow by the end of the summer. I'll save the red and black for next year

The Black, Blue, and Red have easier putting greens. The problem is getting there. The Yellow and the Green is fairly accessible but the greens are a bit harder.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 5383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!