IGNORED

Yes! I have Negative 11 Reputation Points

DDBowdoin
Note: This thread is 6497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone... just wanted to let you know how awesome I am, a grand total of -11 rep points and falling... whoa baby!

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

i have -8!

and for a post that basically was a repeat of jim flick and bob rotella mental advice!

whoo-ho!

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

• Administrator
Hey everyone... just wanted to let you know how awesome I am, a grand total of -11 rep points and falling... whoa baby!

That's something to brag about.

I've found that people here are happy to give good reputation points when you're helpful.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

how does that all work btw?

i seemed to get all of my negative points on a pretty helpful post. just wondering

hybrid HiBore19 S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

• Administrator
Yeah, that one didn't make a whole lot of sense. I've given you some positive rep to counter that. Abuse of the rep system is not wise, folks. If a post is good, give good rep. If it's bad, give bad rep. If it's really bad, use the "Report this Post" button.

DD, most of your positive remarks have come from people with very little reputation power. Your slam on Rafi cost you big time, since Rafi has been here quite awhile and has a good reputation.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
And, I should point this out: having a negative reputation prevents you from becoming an "Established Member" - which lets you post threads in the Marketplace, change your user titles, etc. You also have to be here for a month and have 25 posts, too...

I'd give you some positive rep if we ever agreed on anything. Except it turns out you're always wrong.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

whoooa, i always wondered how that worked...so you just click on that little star if you like a post?? interesting....

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

So how exactly do I give someone a negative reputation point? Just wondering

• Administrator
So how exactly do I give someone a negative reputation point? Just wondering

Same thing. Just choose "I disagree" instead of "I agree". Always give a reason, too...

haha yeah... I don't think I give out bad advice... I definately pissed people off about the whole TPI... that was an interesting couple of days at work

Daniel Duarte
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

people here have strong opinions... many time people arent able to listen to any other opinions,

DD don't feel bad about your negative points... I have read your posts and I honestly don't see why you have that negative rating... yes, you made a joke about that junior female golfer and her cart (about Augusta) which was actually a bit funny... but whoever responded to that post took it a tab bit personal... no one here is wrong or right, just opinions...

Daniel Duarte

...yes, you made a joke about that junior female golfer and her cart (about Augusta) which was actually a bit funny... but whoever responded to that post took it a tab bit personal... no one here is wrong or right, just opinions...

there is a "golf joke" session in the "Grillroom" section. There is time and place for everything. Ratings aren't based on "right" or "wrong" - it's about contributing to the discussion subject. Being offensive to other members (regardless if intention is to be funny or not) hardly contributes anything. Arguing a point is one thing, cracking bad jokes (yes it was a BAD joke) at somebody who's kid is affected by the same desease as the player being discussed is plain wrong.

I don't think it's that hard to see it, isn't?

you just need to calm down and relax... everyone in that thread made valid points about her having a clear advatange... his analogy to "the hockey example" was actually on point... you retaliated by assuming he was a mysongist.. dd knew you were angry, hence it's probably why he threw the Augusta line...

don't take things so personally... its just a blog

Daniel Duarte

yeah i think the whole practice needs to be a bit more accountable to be honest.

like a reason should be manditory and also a user name left.

not to gripe (and thanks erik for rectifying it), but to get -8 points for a totally un offensive/helpful post was abit much to be honest.

maybe it was a mistake or something, but simply disagreeing with someone shouldnt be a viable reason for giving a neg rating. reasons along the lines or threatening another member or posting illegal/spam like content etc are more in the nature of that type of rating i would think

whats the point of being on a discussion board if u cant listen to other peoples points of view?

sure put up a spirited defense etc..but neg ratings need to be documented better if other aspects of the board are going to rely on them.

hybrid HiBore19 S300

• Administrator
like a reason should be manditory and also a user name left.

User names are left. I can see them. You may not be able to because then it'd just be a retaliation system.

not to gripe (and thanks erik for rectifying it), but to get -8 points for a totally un offensive/helpful post was abit much to be honest.

That's not why you had -8 points. You got an "I agree" mark for that post that was worth +2 points. You were previously at -10, I believe for comments about Bethpage. Currently you have no rep points (0).

maybe it was a mistake or something, but simply disagreeing with someone shouldnt be a viable reason for giving a neg rating. reasons along the lines or threatening another member or posting illegal/spam like content etc are more in the nature of that type of rating i would think

"disagreeing" is not why you give negative reputation, but the wording is poor.

sure put up a spirited defense etc..but neg ratings need to be documented better if other aspects of the board are going to rely on them.

That's how the system is built. I didn't write it, so...

I use the reputation feature as Rafi said: to point out the times when someone is being a schmuck or when they contribute something useful. If the wording "I agree" and "I disagree" were changed simply to "Give Positive Rep Points" and "Give Negative Rep Points" I don't think you'd have a case. I'll look into changing the wording, but again, it's not my software.

then why werent the bethapge posts listed in my prolife or something? anyways no biggie

if "being a schmuck" in the eyes of either u or raffi is the rationale, ill deff take it with a grain of salt then

you guys sometimes deff jump the gun and get waaay too defensive. its just a messageboard on the internet guys.

hybrid HiBore19 S300

OK. I've been here for over a year and I never knew how you earned the rep points. I see that I am a 5. How does the actual rating work? In the original thread he was -11 points but still shows up as a 0. How do you know when you gain or lose points? I just figured it was from time served and messages posted.

Now that I know this, I am quite overjoyed that I have somehow managed to be right enough times to get a 5 rep. Now If I could just get my wife to agree with me. I am at a -12 rating with her for my 3 day golf outing while she was home with the kids. Not calling lost me a few points as well.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Note: This thread is 6497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!