IGNORED

Will Tiger Run Away With the Open?

iacas
Note: This thread is 6497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pulling for Tiger. I enjoy watching the best golfer of our generation on the top of his game, putting on a master clinic in winning majors. I understand that some may be sick of his winning, but you might as well get used to it. He's only 30, and this is going to be happening for years to come.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

uuuggghh....you are sooo right!!!!
I just want to see Dimarco win one...and this one would be so sweet. I am a girl ok....I get all blubbery just thinking about his Dad. Did you see the interview with him on the TGC?....Poor ole' feller
But you are right. We get to watch the best ever...yada yada yada (kidding)

The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

I watched his third round and the way he seems to be going about his golf reminds me a lot of Ben Hogan (although I've never watched 'The Hawk' play I've read a lot about him). He just seems to be doing 'enough' to win. When he needs a putt to go in, or to land a bunker shot to within tapp-in range it just seems be a forgone conclusion. He doesn't seem to be in the kind of mood necessary to blow away a field. When's he's like this I wonder whether or not I should even bother watching the guy....

Binh.

• Administrator
I can't stand Sergio and I am really hoping Tiger embarrasses him tomorrow...that said I do hope DiMarco plays just a little bit better and gets that first major. Tiger certainly seems to have lost some of his aura over the past few years...I wonder if he may have made too many changes?

Sergio will likely not need any help from Tiger on that...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Yeah, I was really happy about the way Phil played -- did you see him in the background when the Golf Channel was interviewing the God of Short Game --Pelz basically said that the plan was right, Phil just couldn't execute. That was so sweet!

Pelz has become scary, and not in a good way. I really like his short game bible, but I can't stand to see him on TV or, worse, to hear him talk. I wish he'd distance himself from Phil just a wee bit (won't happen) because he's actually making Phil seem creepier than he really is.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

..I wonder if he may have made too many changes?

.... His biggest change was losing his best friend - his Dad ...... everything else is fine.

Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

• Administrator
.... His biggest change was losing his best friend - his Dad ...... everything else is fine.

Agreed.

BTW, the live blog of the final round is here .

I wonder if Sergio starts off to a very good start if Tiger will feel pressured into hitting it longer (driver) and getting himself in shorter approaches.

Now what I think will happen. Sergio wont play well and end up in fourth, Tiger will just play his game and win by two shots over Els.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Pelz has become scary, and not in a good way. I really like his short game bible, but I can't stand to see him on TV or, worse, to hear him talk. I wish he'd distance himself from Phil just a wee bit (won't happen) because he's actually making Phil seem creepier than he really is.

Pelz's presence is kinda taking on a Butch Harmonesque quality from early in Tiger's career. I got sick of seeing that guy's mug on tv every week as well.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• Administrator
Tiger just birdied 15 and has a two-shot lead. I'm calling it now: it's over.

It was so clearly evident that Sergio just was not ready for that big stage. When he realized that he was out of it, and it was very early in his round, he then calmed down and decided that he could play decent golf, but clearly he was not ready for being in the final pairing. He would have been better off teeing off with Cabrera and playing catch up.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

It was so clearly evident that Sergio just was not ready for that big stage.

When I saw Sergio at the first tee, I knew it would be a long day for El Nino. The look on his face said it all. He was having trouble getting his breathing right. He was visibly nervous from the start.

Congrats to Tiger on a dominant performance. DiMarco made a late move, and I was hoping it would keep going. When Tiger birdied 14 and 15, it was all over. I was glad DiMarco finished strong. He played his way onto the Ryder Cup team this week whether he finishes in the top 10 or not. He may just end up sneaking into the top 10 anyway, so Lehman won't have to worry about selecting him. It was also nice to see Ernie finish third. His ball striking wasn't very solid on the weekend, but he putted as well as he has since 2004. It was nice to see. The course wasn't my favorite out of the British Open venues, but it wasn't as bad as the experts said it would be. I can't imagine what would have happened if the wind would have been blown 40mph. It's time for the PGA Championship now! I'm looking forward to it.

It was so clearly evident that Sergio just was not ready for that big stage.

If I'm not mistaken Sergio has proven himself not ready for Sunday several times over. This time he put a little extra pressure on himself by mouthing off about Tiger having an easy draw for Friday's round.

He should have had a chat with Vijay (or his caddy) and Stephen Ames about taunting Tiger before a final round.

Bury me with a golf glove in my pocket - just in case!

You have a good memory. That's what I love about the internet. Nothing gets to slip through the cracks anymore. Obscure facts are brought out and rumors that once grew into uban legends are refuted by personal experience or eyewitness accounts.

When I saw Sergio at the first tee, I knew it would be a long day for El Nino. The look on his face said it all. He was having trouble getting his breathing right. He was visibly nervous from the start.

Majors just became that much tougher for Sergio. Shaking all the demons he has created for himself won't come easy. My guess is the only chance he has for a win is to go out early, be off camera and post a low round.

Did you guys here part of Sergio's interview on TGC last night?
"I hit so many good putts today..." like they were rolling good they just did not drop
OMG Take it like a man and just admit that you played poorly!
Denial is NOT a river in Egypt!

The equipment is there...I'm not!
Driver- Callaway X460 HT
3Wood- Callaway X460 15*
Hybrids- Nike CPR 18*
Adams Idea 21*Adams Idea 25*Nike CPR 30*Irons 7-SW- Adama IdeaLob Wedge- Cleveland 588 ChromePutter- Nike T100 Oz Blue ChipBall- Best deal I can find on a reputable soft ball

• Administrator
I'm starting to think that, between his attitude and approach and his putter, Sergio may never win a major. He's played in 33 now... fast approaching Phil's 0-for-39 streak.

They asked on TGC last night if, 10 years ago, you could foresee Tiger winning 11 majors and none of the personalities said "yes." I said "yes" - after watching his U.S. Am wins following three straight US Junior Am wins, c'mon?! 11 over the span of a career was a no-brainer back then, I think. If you'd have asked me if he'd win 19 back then, I may have had a different answer, but 11?

Note: This thread is 6497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!