IGNORED

My new bag

Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Walmart :) it didn't have a tag on it and some old lady was there so I took one off a taylormade one that was 70$ and told her it was for the callaway one and she didnt notice..

What an arsehole you are.

This is called stealing, believe it or not. And...you have admitted that what you did was dishonest by telling us about the lie you told. But then try to justify it because you like the price you managed to swindle. AND.....now you're asking five times if you could have got a better deal. F*&%ing amazing.
So I don't believe any deception was involved.

Even though he took a tag off another bag and lied to the woman about where it came from......

I didn't try to take advantage by like fraud or anything lol. It was just one of those things that they gave me a good deal and I noticed and I wasn't going to say anything

You are a freaking liar. You have admitted as much here!!!!!

It's calling lying by omission. (I know that I need to learn how to multiquote)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Even though he took a tag off another bag and lied to the woman about where it came from......

He says in a post of his that he himself did not change the tags and that a woman at the store changed it for him.

" they took a taylormade one because they were sitting next to each other" - The OP

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Geez there's shootings going the around the world and war and rape and you guys are worried about walmart a multibillion dollar company who treats their employees like crap losing 20-30$.. AND WHO KNOWS THE BAG COULD HAVE ACTUALLY BEEN 45$!! There was NO price tag on it. Think you guys should worry about more important stuff.

I request this thread to be deleted admin.

• Administrator
Think you guys should worry about more important stuff.

I mean this with all due respect*, but what, you don't like being exposed as a thief? Your story's changed several times.

I request this thread to be deleted admin.

We don't delete threads. I'll close it, but we don't delete it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For everyone who read my "New bag" post and know the situation I returned it cause it was a wrong thing to do and got the taylormade one, but the taylormade one was too small so I returned it and got my money back. I'm sorry for those you were offended by my post, and I personally attacked them in some way by defending myself. It was a wrong thing to do and I'm really not that bad of a guy. Just ask my parole officer... (Just kidding). Again I'm sorry and I hope I can make some friends still.

I'm glad you did the right thing in the end.

I honestly don't believe what you did in the beginning was as bad as people claim it was because I don't think you were intentionally trying to do bad by it...it's not like you walked out of the store with it on your back forgetting that you never put it back after you tried it out. It was no doubtly wrong to take the tag from another bag, obviously, but I don't think you meant bad by it.

With that said...
But, I do commend you for realizing what you did was wrong though and returning the bag.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

it's whataver dude.....

i have 3 similar stories and i dont consider it stealing

1. I bought an Ogio Ozone bag that was tagged as last years (it was clearly this years bag) for only $125, returned the piece of junk for a different one
they returned it as a GROM for $199...i didnt say a word - THE MANAGER made the mistake, not me. So i bought my AeroLite bag for only $108 and picked up my Callaway Wedge w the difference.

2. YES putters were on sale for $98, the one I had picked out was not one of the models on sale, sign said (variuos models) and had a sticker for $179 on it. I went to the till, cashier said that it's coming up $179. I asked if it was one of the "various" models on sale. She called over a MANAGER to check and he said yes. But it was the only one like it on the shelf.

3. I bought my wife an Ogio Vapourlite bag ($135), that also was a piece of junk and returned it for exchange. The MANAGER (yep same dude that returned my Ogio) returned it for an Ozone price -$179 and i picked out a different one.

So there....did i steal from them...i dont think so. I didnt make the errors, the employees of the store did. Is it my fault that the MANAGERS and employees are not up to date on their product knowledge? NOPER.......

so personally, I would have kept the Sweet Callaway bag and used the difference on a round of golf.

Anyone who tells you different are lying

EDIT: I actually have 4 stories

4. When i bought my Scotty the price was tagged at $369. I said the shop down the street was selling them for $299 and asked them to price match. The sales girl said YEP no prob! When we got to the till, she told the cashier to ring it in as $259 as it was priced matched to another store in town. Did she make a mistake, not hear me right, did she think I was cute!!?? Who knows, and WHO CARES!!! I just got a brand new Scotty for $259!

So there you have it..and yes, all of these stories are from this year and the same golf store
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

it's whataver dude, its just an internet forum

You and I are going to get killed for this on the forum, but I actually agree with pretty much everything you said...except the bolded part towards the bottom. I think the OP made the right choice in returning it because his story was somewhat unique in the sense that he took a tag from a different bag, and the older lady working at Wal-Mart, not knowing anything about golf products, probably didn't realize it was a completely different kind of bag. So, the stories vary from yours Enis. I do agree with Enis in the sense that if the employees aren't going to bother checking, and ESPECIALLY a store manager, it's their fault.. It reminds me of a story TODAY actually. My dad and I went to play golf, and it was 50 dollars for both of us to walk combined. We go out, give our recepit to the starter, and he gives us a key to the cart and tells us "cart 23..." My dad was tempted to take the cart, but realized it would be wrong, and said "No, we are walking today." But, if the starter is really that stupid to not read the recepit, the course deserves what it gets for giving us a free golf cart. Granted, we didn't take it, but still, it's different if you are trying to trick the employee. Just my opinion though.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

it's whataver dude, its just an internet forum

Thats like saying if you found someones wallet you should keep it because its their fault for dropping it...

To the OP, you don't owe us any explanation or anything, but its cool to see someone do the right thing, even though they didn't have to.

You and I are going to get killed for this on the forum, but I actually agree with pretty much everything you said...except the bolded part towards the bottom.

i guess i missed that part of his story somehow and missed his post about what happened

i assumed they were stories similar to mine

Thats like saying if you found someones wallet you should keep it because its their fault for dropping it...

Not really IMO.

That's more like them dropping their wallet, knowing they lost it, you giving it back to them, and them saying "No, that one isn't it..." And you leaving with it. He bought the bag, they rung it up wrong, he brought it back to be exchanged, not trying to fool them or anything, and they gave him too much money back in exchange for the bag. Your GIVING them the bag...it's THEIR job to get the price on the bag correct...THEY work at the store. Pretty pathetic that the manager of the store couldn't even get the price right on the bag...it's one thing if it's your basic cashier, it's another if it's a manager.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

actually, it's nothing like that at all

as I mentioned above it is the responsibility of the staff and the MANAGEMENT team, to ensure that ESPECIALLY cashiers, are up to date on their product knowledge I used to be a manger in retail and things like my stories happened all the time I also used to manage a wharehouse for an electronics store and i cant count the number of time dudes would mess a sku up a speaker would have a sku of say "RF2502" and "RF2502C" one was about $200 more than the other and the wrong one went out the dorr all the time, and either way guess who was blamed...certainly not the customer its up to the store to put policies/programs in place to PREVENT this type of thing happenning up here, it is an unwritten "law" (or maybe even the real law, who knows), that if something is tagged as say $40 and you go to pay and it's more (assuming all sku's line up etc/) the store has to honor that price, at least for that one transaction lets be honest GOLF is friggen expensive if i can catch a break somewhere I will i earn a hell of a good living for a 28 year old and do not need to steal anything..never have never will but i am a cheap bastard!! hahaha! so again, if the store messes up..so be it

Yeah, I guess you're right. I still think he did the right thing not taking advatage of someones stupidity, or not caring.

I agree with what the OP in this thread did. But I don't have a problem with what Enis did in his situations though.

I think his situation was quite different because it was almost as if he tried to trick, the cashier at Wal Mart into thinking it was the 70 dollar Taylor Made bag, which was just flat out wrong in that case. Or he thought it was the same amount of money, so he just brought the tag up from the TM bag....which wasn't really right because he should have just said "This doesn't have the price on it, could you check it for me..."...Then if they got it wrong, it's THEIR fault.. Either way there's no way of knowing what truly happened without being there in the store with the OP. Regardless, Plark, you did the correct thing here!!!

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

That's certainly the right thing to do plark. You can look on ebay for different bags. I remember seeing a very good Mizuno Twister stand bag for $99 on 3balls.com. If I hadn't already got the renegade, I would've bought it.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

plark, congrats on doing whats right

enis750, you are a thief

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Plark.......your a stand up guy in my book. I didn't have a problem with what you said in the first place. Many of these morallity pounders here wouldn't have had the guts to admit they made a mistake. If it was a mistake?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!