IGNORED

Wear sunglasses when playing? check it out...

Note: This thread is 5141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know this is a little off topic, but my eyesight is not great so I wear prescription sunglasses when I play. They are polarized and I have found that I can see the ball MUCH better during the day in all conditions because of the polarization. If you can get some legit polarized glasses they are a huge benefit!

Actually, I've read that Polarized lenses are not the best for playing golf - apparently they make it much more difficult to read greens than non-polarized lenses?

I've been using Oakly golf specific lenses (G30) for quite some time now and find that they are spot on.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

I've been using Oakly golf specific lenses (G30) for quite some time now and find that they are spot on.

The G30s are among the lenses that I had been considering. The Oakley site says they are for "flat to medium light" and that they "improve contrast...in blues and greens." Sounds like the right tint for those with

ball-spotting problems . Kingfisher, is that what you use them for? What about when it is overcast? Do you wear them on cloudy days, too? I was a little worried when I read that the lenses block 70% of visible light. I'm noticing now there are Persimmon lenses which are probably better for overcast days (similar tint and improved contrast among blues but only block 30% visible light). For now I'll try the G30 variety, though; I can see the ball pretty well on cloudy days.
Still learning the game with:
HiBore XLS 10.5°
HiBore XLS 3W
Burner Rescue 4H 22°
CG7 4 - PWCG14 Black Pearl 52°, 56°, 60°White Hot 330 mallet

i have oakleys but its never bright enough here for me to warrant usin them
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

The G30s are among the lenses that I had been considering. The Oakley site says they are for "flat to medium light" and that they "improve contrast...in blues and greens." Sounds like the right tint for those with

I live in Singapore, where it's bright almost every day, so tend to use shades all the time - From the moment I tee off until the moment I hole out on 18. Even if the sun goes behind a cloud, the G30s still let enough light through to let you carry on without taking them off. The great thing about most Oakleys is that if you get a lens that doesn't quite work out for you, you can always buy a replacement or two.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

• 7 months later...
So i know some people have to wear sunglasses when they play and some cant so for those who do wear them, check this out. It's a site called

you must be kidding...there knock offs...

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

also...i use the flak XLJ...I have both polarized and non polarized lenses....great glasses...

if you buy glasses from that site you are a dumbazz lol....total scam

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

Thanks to my dad being a crazy cyclist, here are a few other good companies for sunglasses:

Giro: http://www.giro.com/en-us/products/sunglasses/

Rudy Project: http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/home.htm

Smith Optics: http://www.smithoptics.com/products.html?pc=1

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

im all fine with buying fake oakleys and will probably buy some from that site. I like oakleys because of their designs, not because i think the O on the side makes me look cool.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

well if you buy them off the site you will be dissapointed...cheap copys are not oakleys and wont last.

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S

the best part is the spelling of sunglasses - sunglases on the site.

not all lenses are polarized...you pay extra for polarized lenses (if you buy legit oaks)...i have a pair or radars, gascans and straight jackets and love em...if you're going to buy em, don't buy em from online unless a reputable dealer for the fact that the warranty through the REAL company is incredible. just saying

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Best way I've found to deal with these sites is to email the company (oakley in this case) and ask them of the site is an authorized dealer.

In my Nike SasQuatch Staff Bag:
Driver: Callaway FT-IQ 9.5 Stiff
Irons: Ping G5 4-P
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56*, Cleveland bent to 49*
Putter: Scotty Cameron California Monterey
Ball: Srizon Z-Star Yellow
Range: SkyCaddie 2.5

I have a pair of Costa Del Mar's. Honestly the best pair of sunglasses I've ever owned. Yeah, they were pretty pricey, but I love em'. I just take my Croakie off when I'm playing so it's not swinging around. Might end up taking them off when playing shots to see if it helps, been playing with them on and haven't played as well as before I had them :P

Note: This thread is 5141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!