IGNORED

2009 PGA Championship at Hazeltine

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I missed today's round and just saw the scores, all I can say is f*** Sergio Garcia. He has really pissed me off all year. He needs to decide if he is going to get serious about this game he professes to love so much. I really think the next year is his make it or brake it year. Ryder Cup is in 2010 maybe that will get his ass in gear.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As pointed out, Adam Scott's play is a mystery. He is long, this is a long course, I thought he might be in the top ten this time... did not even make the cut, but neither did Sergio. The Course must be yucking it up tonight with its other big time course buddies. Hazeltine laughs, orders another beer, and tells Southern Hills and Bethpage, "Now that is how you humble these good looking young guys. Now how did I let Rory Mac slip by at even?"

RC

As pointed out, Adam Scott's play is a mystery. He is long, this is a long course, I thought he might be in the top ten this time... did not even make the cut, but neither did Sergio

ye, but there's a big difference between missing the cut by 1 shot and missing it by 13 shots!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I missed today's round and just saw the scores, all I can say is f*** Sergio Garcia. He has really pissed me off all year. He needs to decide if he is going to get serious about this game he professes to love so much. I really think the next year is his make it or brake it year. Ryder Cup is in 2010 maybe that will get his ass in gear.

I'm pretty sure he's serious about his game...

How the hell would you know? He just isn't playing well. Maybe you don't understand that about Golf on a Professional level. It's REALLY hard to win and be consistent...he's obviously not playing his best golf this year, happens.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Agreed, there is a big difference. I really like Scott's swing, and keep waiting for him to acheive a new plateau as a player, but he seems to be sliding out of the limelight. Sergio has proven he can do it, his ball striking is superb, and it is time for him to make a statement. He needs to be a threat every week. He is still too young to write off. I can not read his mind, but sometimes it looks like he is fatalistic about his putting... as if he knows he might not make it. The great ones are not like that. Of course, I have no clue really, maybe he is confident and expects to make the important ones... but there is something going on or sure seems that way. Blow this post off... it is just idle wanderings of thought.

RC

I'm pretty sure he's serious about his game...

It's the Tiger effect. Not only is he held to insanely high standards, but his peers are as well. And it's not fair to any of them, including Tiger. One bad tournament and it's "oh no his career is going down the tubes," and so forth. He and his peers are a victim of his success, although in the grand scheme of things they have all been made extremely wealthy over the last 12 years. The criticism that they have to put up with should just be "dirt off the shoulder" so to speak.

Agreed, there is a big difference. I really like Scott's swing, and keep waiting for him to acheive a new plateau as a player, but he seems to be sliding out of the limelight. Sergio has proven he can do it, his ball striking is superb, and it is time for him to make a statement. He needs to be a threat every week. He is still too young to write off. I can not read his mind, but sometimes it looks like he is fatalistic about his putting... as if he knows he might not make it. The great ones are not like that. Of course, I have no clue really, maybe he is confident and expects to make the important ones... but there is something going on or sure seems that way. Blow this post off... it is just idle wanderings of thought.

I pretty much agree with this.

One thing about Scott is his putter can cause him some troubles. I never see him being able to win a major, because, like Sergio his putter is a real downside in his game.
It's the Tiger effect. Not only is he held to insanely high standards, but his peers are as well. And it's not fair to any of them, including Tiger. One bad tournament and it's "oh no his career is going down the tubes," and so forth. He and his peers are a victim of his success, although in the grand scheme of things they have all been made extremely wealthy over the last 12 years. The criticism that they have to put up with should just be "dirt off the shoulder" so to speak.

People don't realize how close Sergio has been to winning majors over the past few years. You just never know if it's going to go your way down the stretch of the tournament. Has Sergio played his best golf towards the ends of Majors on Sunday? No. But with SOME luck he could have at least one major...Golf is just like that we all know that.

And he hasn't played all that well all year. No reason to start cussing him out saying he's not working hard at his game and doesn't really want to win and needs to get in line. We have no idea how hard he's working at his game. He's a darn good player, that's all I know...and he just isn't playing that well right now, it's that simple.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I pretty much agree with this.

I have no idea how hard he's working on his game, but one thing I've noticed lately is that he's smiling a lot more on the golf course. I remember one year at the Masters where he shot a hell of a round on Sunday and was pouting afterward. He can be a moody guy, so it's nice to see him maybe with more peace in his life...more smiles on the course, despite the fact that he hasn't played that well this year.

I have no idea how hard he's working on his game, but one thing I've noticed lately is that he's smiling a lot more on the golf course. I remember one year at the Masters where he shot a hell of a round on Sunday and was pouting afterward. He can be a moody guy, so it's nice to see him maybe with more peace in his life...more smiles on the course, despite the fact that he hasn't played that well this year.

I have no idea either. I have to assume he works pretty hard because he hasn't play absolutely awful this year, just not near his potential.

Well, Sergio is one of the nicest people's I've ever met. I don't think a lot of people realize this... I talked to him for a few moments as he came off the range at The Barclay's last year. And I followed him around for a lot of his round on Thursday last year. He gave a lot of golf balls to little kids and "fist bumps" and "high fives" to fans as well whenever he made a birdie. He was extremely friendly and gracious to the fans. He gets so much here around here, it's unwarranted IMO.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I have no idea either. I have to assume he works pretty hard because he hasn't play absolutely awful this year, just not near his potential.

That tends to happen when you make the kinds of rash statements he has over the years (suggesting that the U.S. Open was rigged for Tiger in 2002) not to mention spitting in a cup, which is about the most low class thing a golfer can do to his fellow competitors.

That tends to happen when you make the kinds of rash statements he has over the years (suggesting that the U.S. Open was rigged for Tiger in 2002) not to mention spitting in a cup, which is about the most low class thing a golfer can do to his fellow competitors.

I agree. But I went into that tournament, like everyone else, thinking he was a Grade-A Douchebag.

I found out quickly I was wrong.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

I agree. But I went into that tournament, like everyone else, thinking he was a Grade-A Douchebag.

It happens. I think a lot of people are misunderstood including Sergio, although I don't think that excuses such obvious blunders as the spitting incident. Not sure what got into him to think that was acceptable. I've seen some pretty rude behavior on the golf course over the last 10 years that I've been playing but that is right up there, especially since it was a pro who has been around the game his whole life. Reminds me of when Tiger dragged his putter at the U.S. Open a number of years ago. Uncalled for.

it's halfway, and he has a 4 shot lead...he's not going to back down, so unless someone can string 2 sensationally low rounds together, Tiger will win by at least 4 shots but more like 8-10 shots. a double digit win is not impossible this weekend.

Driver: TaylorMade RocketBallz 10.5-deg
Woods: Cobra Bio Cell+ 3W and 5W
Hybrids: Bobby Jones Workshop Hybrid 3 (20-deg) and 5 (25-deg)
Irons: Srixon XXIO7 from 6 - PW
Wedge: Srixon XXIO7 GW and SW

Putter: Bobby Grace DCT Captiva 34"; Ball: Sirxon Soft Feel; Shoes: Footjoy

pretty much. Even tho im pulling for tiger to win, i'd like to think someone else has a shot at this tourny ... unless tiger implodes it's going to have to take two absolutely magnificent rounds to just catch him, let alone pass him.

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

Yup. This is what I was afraid of. It's not that I dislike Tiger, it's just the fact I want to see an exciting final round and finish...I'm confident we won't be getting that this year.

I predict Tiger wins by 7 shots.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Yup. This is what I was afraid of. It's not that I dislike Tiger, it's just the fact I want to see an exciting final round and finish...I'm confident we won't be getting that this year.

I'd be fine with that if he's playing well. If it's a case of everyone else falling apart then that's another story.

I'd be fine with that if he's playing well. If it's a case of everyone else falling apart then that's another story.

Yeah but when Tiger and the field are BOTH at their best, Tiger wins.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Note: This thread is 5366 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!