IGNORED

Celebrity golfers

Maverick
Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got registered with the SCGA (Southern California Golf Association). You gys probably know there are alot of celeb golfers especially in SoCal..I was curious and typed in some names and bingo! Man, Samuel Jackson is really good..like a 4.9 index..

SCGA Index Finder

I just got registered with the SCGA (Southern California Golf Association). You gys probably know there are alot of celeb golfers especially in SoCal..I was curious and typed in some names and bingo! Man, Samuel Jackson is really good..like a 4.9 index..

Can't use the Index Finder unless we've got a membership.

I read an article in Golf Digest a while back regarding the celebrity golfers, plus I usually watch the big tournament up in Tahoe on tv. Just my personal opinion, but it seems a LOT of the celebrities are sporting vanity handicaps. Not Sam Jackson, per se, as that guy lives and breathes the game and is pretty solid (though his swing still looks weird to me). But dudes like Dennis Quaid, who claims he's close to scratch... I watched him at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am and that was NOT a scratch swing, and definitely not a scratch short game. Donald Trump's another -- I think he claims single digits. I'm thinking not. Jack Wagner's been good a long time... finally won the Tahoe tourney this year. With all those vanity handicaps though, makes me wish I could get in on some skins matches out west

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

... He's very very good.!

Obviously he feels very strong about the game .. he makes sure it's in everyone of his movie contracts that he gets to play at least twice a week during a movie shoot ... You probably already know this, but Alice Cooper is another one ... the difference being, his manager, friends and family had kept it a secret for over 20 years ... eating bats and playing golf wasn't an excepted thing for a long time ..l.o.l.....
Whats in the bag.?

Driver: Tour Edge 10* Jmax 460 Carbon with the Fuji Vista Pro 50 shaft/and, the Burrows 10.5* MAC 421cc with the Grafalloy Pro Launch 55 shaft.
Woods: only one left after switching to hybrids - Adams ST #7 22*.
Hybrids: Tour Edge 20*, 24*, 30*, 36*, 41* and the 50* Attack Wedge...

I can tell you from experience that Warren Buffet is a poor golfer. I was investiging a case and interviewing a ? on their lunch hour at Omaha CC and he was playing in a fund raiser a few years ago. Watched him for a bit. Triple bogey golfer probably. Don't play bridge against him unless you are really good though. Sigh he probably is a member at Ben Crenshaws Sand Hills club also.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

My son and I went to a celebrity tournament in Houston and it was loaded with stars. We met people like Mac Davis, Robert Stack, the black fellow who played Geraldine, can't remember his name, and of course Arnie and Jack. There were coaches from the Southwest Conference and a bunch of singers. We got all the autographs on the front of a program and I had it framed. I'm super proud of that program. My son had lunch with Arnie once and got him to sign the Menu and I have that one also. He then went out and played a round with him at his designed course at the Woodlands.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Flip Wilson?

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Maverick,

I've spent a few years out at the AT&T; in Monterey. I can tell you one thing. Celebrity handicaps are about as real as thier on screen personas. They are either way too low to stroke egos (Samuel Jackson, Dennis Quaid) or too high for sandbagging in pro-ams and other tournaments (Bill Murray, Kenny G). Murray and Kenny G are hands down the two best I've seen in my time out there, including the atheltes who participate.

Read an article on Murray a few years ago. He and his brothers really were caddies as kids. Maverick do you really think he is beter than Jack Wagner though? That guy has played in a lot of these and has consistently sported a legit 2 to 3 handicap.

I think there are some celebrities that are good golfers... James Garner (The Rockford Files and Maverick on TV) was a 2 handicap and the word was he could play to it. I am not even sure he is still alive, but in his youth, he was a player. He played on the celebrity golf show with Sam Snead and Sam didn't beat him til the last hole.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

• Administrator
I think there are some celebrities that are good golfers... James Garner (The Rockford Files and Maverick on TV) was a 2 handicap and the word was he could play to it. I am not even sure he is still alive, but in his youth, he was a player. He played on the celebrity golf show with Sam Snead and Sam didn't beat him til the last hole.

He was on that sit-com about dating my teenage daughter (or whatever it was called). The blonde was semi-cute.

So no, he's not dead. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001258/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!