IGNORED

Hi from Richmond, VA

RVAduffer
Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

New member here, I've been lurking for a few days, and this looks like a good place to be. Just coming back to the game after a long layoff (undergrad and law school) and I've finally got a little bit of a time to work on my game a bit. Enjoying it again, and after shooting the best 9 holes of the year today (39) I'm feeling pumped.
Nice to meet everyone and if there are Richmond, VA folks, I'm always looking for someone to play with.

In the bag:
Driver: Taylor Made 10.5* R7 460
3 Wood: Taylor Made RD580
Hybrid: Taylor Made Dual Rescue 2
Irons: Cleveland VAS+ 4-PWWedges: Cleveland RT 588 56, 60 and 64 degree gunmetal finishPutter: Ping Doc 17Ball: Titleist NXT/NXT Tour

Not Richmond, but I'm up in Williamsburg... where'd you shoot the 39? That's impressive after a long layoff!
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

The Hollows in Hanover County. A fun little budget course that was empty today.

In the bag:
Driver: Taylor Made 10.5* R7 460
3 Wood: Taylor Made RD580
Hybrid: Taylor Made Dual Rescue 2
Irons: Cleveland VAS+ 4-PWWedges: Cleveland RT 588 56, 60 and 64 degree gunmetal finishPutter: Ping Doc 17Ball: Titleist NXT/NXT Tour

The Hollows in Hanover County. A fun little budget course that was empty today.

Just checked out the website... that IS a little budget course. Might have to trek down 95 sometime.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

• 1 year later...
Sycamore Creek is probably one of the best public courses in the Richmond area as far as condition goes.

Brookwoods is also a pretty nice one except for a couple holes that get a little water logged as well as a couple holes with some new housing construction near them.

Here's their websites;

http://www.sycamorecreekgolfcourse.com

http://www.brookwoodsgolf.com

G5 driver
X 3w
Big Bertha '07 5w
MX-25 4-GW
Kite Custom 56* SW Karsten Anser 2 GROM stand bag

Not bad, we were in dhorts and shirt sleves last weekend, probably short sleves and pants this weekend.

G5 driver
X 3w
Big Bertha '07 5w
MX-25 4-GW
Kite Custom 56* SW Karsten Anser 2 GROM stand bag

Richmond is home for me, and I used to own a home in New Kent on Brookwoods golf course. I live in Lynchburg now, but second that course, along with Belmont. The latter was host for a pretty big-deal PGA event many years ago and has a bit of pedigree, though you'd only know by looking at the photos in the clubhouse. Its a good course, and might offer a few photo opps. Knowing its history is the best part though.

If you're going out to New Kent (15 minutes from downtown RIC), you might as well play Royal New Kent or Brickshire, in that order.

I was in RIC today for a golf outing at the Stonehenge Golf & Country Club and it was superb. I wore a short sleeve windshirt for half the round and a no-wind jacket for the rest. Its supposed to warm up later in the week though.

Welcome back to golfing.

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

• 2 weeks later...
I live in Warrenton but come through Richmond and Williamsburg on my way to the Tidewater area to visit customers. I was supposed to hit Golden Horseshoe a month ago but plans changed. Maybe in a few weeks when I get back down there if it isn't too cold.
In my (looking for a new cart bag):

Driver: AirMax 430-S, 10.5°, Fujikura R Flex
3-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 15°, UST PGH 100 R Flex
5-Wood: Gigagolf Ozzy Moto, 18°, UST PGH 100 R FlexHybrids: Deep Red 17°/21°Irons: Deep Red, 17-4 Stainless, 5-PWWedges: Orlimar SOS Black Oxide,...

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA. I'm brand new to the game, and looking for an instructor. Do you know of any good golf instructors in the area? I'm willing to travel.
In my blue & white Omega V Bag:

Irons - MX-200 Irons
Wedges - CG15 56˚ & 60˚
Hybrid - Burner 33 Metal - Tour Burner 15˚Driver - R9 460 10.5˚Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball SRTBall - Pro V1

• 3 years later...

Theres a great instructor out of Lee's Hill, about 5mi south of Fredericksburg.

great courses in the Richmond area, as mentioned earlier is Royal New Kent, and a great one is Federal Golf Club (high $$$). Pendleton is a nice course as well...Welcome back to the game!

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite course ever was a linls-stule course outside of Richmond. Had bee shooting in mid-80's at the time and scored a low 90 on the course. At least for me it looks a lot more intimidating than it really is but it would be advisable to move forward a set of tees. [quote name="RVAduffer" url="/t/2816/hi-from-richmond-va#post_22596"]New member here, I've been lurking for a few days, and this looks like a good place to be. Just coming back to the game after a long layoff (undergrad and law school) and I've finally got a little bit of a time to work on my game a bit. Enjoying it again, and after shooting the best 9 holes of the year today (39) I'm feeling pumped. Nice to meet everyone and if there are Richmond, VA folks, I'm always looking for someone to play with.[/quote]

Note: This thread is 4124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!