IGNORED

Longest Drive Witnessed

Drifterland
Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 7th here is a dogleg left par 5, 505 yards, and it's usually used for the long drive hole in tournaments. The prevailing wind is usually directly behind, helping, and in a scramble my friend hammered it to the corner and only had about 160 in. The skicaddie said it was 348 yards, and it was pretty wet so nothing was rolling much that day. It was 30 yards past the previous longest that day, and there were some real bombers playing.

In another scramble, the low handicap guy on my team hit a slight pull that hit the cart path and was just barely in the rough, almost rolled back to the fairway but the cart path has a little rough where it crosses back across the fairway. That drive was 410, cart path assisted, and about 2 feet from the fairway, but we had like 90 left on a par 5, and still didn't get the eagle!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just going from memory, I have a friend who played in college and should be a long driver he hits it 340 easy, the biggest drive I've ever seen him drive a 360 yard par 4, but his biggest was 410 yards on a some par 6 like 700 yards in Spokane. If I remember right he had at least 25mph wind directly to his back. His club speed is 127, he's freakishly long I've yet to see someone in person that hit the ball better period. Really good player.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Longest Drive i have ever hit was a par 5 530 yards. I hit it over a tree to the right of the fairway and it hit the cart path taking 4-5 hops down the cart path and bouncing back onto the left side of the fairway. I did not have a GPS but i was just short of the 150 marker. So you figure if i was around 160 out it went around 370. I ont think i ever witnessed anything longer then that. I beliee i ended up getting Par on that hole 2. I hit a bad 2nd shot, 3rd got me back to the green and i 2 putted.

I'm going to give you a little advice. There's a force in the universe that makes things happen. And all you have to do is get in touch with it, stop thinking, let things happen, and be the ball.
Whats in my Walter Hagen stand bag.

Driver: VR Pro 9.5 Stiff

5 wood:SQ Stiff

3 Iron Hybrid:SQ Stiff Aldila Proto Vs 95-S

4-PW:VR Split Cavity Irons

SW:VR Black Satin 56

60:  CG 12

Ball:

I drove it to the fringe on #9 at Carey Park from the blue tees - which were at the very back of the box - the hole measures 408. From the center of the green to my ball was 10 paces. So the drive went 390 something for sure.

Down wind and on FROZEN TUNDRA...!

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Longest Drive I have seen was by Michael Fitzhugh a few years back in a ReMax qualifier...only 327..but into a 25 mph headwind and a soaking wet fairway. I hit mine 301 and got 5th. Same guy hit it 380 on the same grid next year.

My personal best is 363 on a skycaddie on average conditions, on a average faiway with some roll...not rock hard..but some roll. Flew one 318 to an uphill par 4 (skycaddie marked) the other day.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Guesstimated at 335...hit two cart paths and went out of bounds. Made double bogus.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

A guy in my regular foursome is disgustingly long. I don't know the longest I have seen, but it's not rare to see him crush a couple 340 when the conditions are right. No serious wind or downhill required...

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Longest drive I've ever witnessed was by Tiger at the World Series of Golf. Don' know exactly how far, but it was a bomb like most of the drives I saw.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Longest drive I've seen was one of mine on a 370y par 4. Downhill, downwind, somehow ended up on the front fringe of the green. The guys in the group ahead of us were just getting to the green and apparently got pissed, as they stepped on it and I almost didn't find it.

I also hit a 350-360y drive on a downhill, no wind 510y par 5. Hit 9 iron into the green and made eagle, my only eagle of the year

There doesn't seem to be many long ball hitters in Minnesota. Most of the single handicappers around here don't get it out past 250, so it's easy to impress

Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. ~John Updike

In my stand bag:
Driver: 983k 10.5*3 Wood: Sumo2 15*Irons: 690cb 2-PWWedges 54* and 58* oil can finishPutter: White hot mallet

The longest one I ever saw and measured was 305. We were on a hole and a ball stopped right next to us and I turned back with my rangefinder and they were on the tee box 305 yards away. If it isn't measured it's all just hearsay. Going off yardages on a card isn't accurate.

i've had two or three that i calculated, based on yardage markers, to be 305-310, which for a good while were the longest drives i'd seen, but then a friend of mine uncorked a 325 yard drive that was pin high just off the green on a par 4 last summer. that stands as the longest currently.

jeez... some ridiculous yardages... i think i reached 280-290 with a 30mph wind behind me...

longest drive ive ever witnessed was my brother... 451 par4 dogleg left... water on the left of the teebox following the dogleg close to the green... trees on an island between the teebox and green... and a big trap on the left side of the green... its about 260 to clear the dogleg and have a straight shot at the green... we upro'd the shortcut from teebox to center of the green was about 325... he carried 310... against the wind... flying the water... the trees... and the trap... leaving a crater on the left side of the green... ball rolled left back of green... pin was front right... 2 putts for birdie...

i on the other hand used driver... 3h... 52*... putt putt for that hole
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

About 10 years ago. On a windy day in Kauai. *the course that used to host the major champions at) The same day I ripped a driver about 125 yards in to the wind i blasted a 3 wood 375 yards down wind on a semi elevated tee to a hard fairway.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I watched a qualifying round of the world long drive championship a couple of years ago...those dudes were flying the ball like 330. Beasts... The longest one ive ever hit was someplace in between 320 and 330, on a high cut ball i thought i mis-hit. Go figure.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I have two drives that measure over 400 yards. Both were wind and cart path assisted. I don't know if that counts but as follows:

1. 460 yard par 4, smoked one down the left side and when I got to where I thought my ball was, it was no where to be found. Walked a bit further and saw a ball about 40 yards from the green. Got up to it, was my ball and had a big path gouge on it. My guess is that if it hadn't hit the path, maybe about 350.

2. 565 yard par 5, downhill and massive downwind. Teed it up high and just absolutely bombed it, my friend and I couldn't find it so I eventually just dropped a ball and played on. As I walked towards the green I noticed a ball in a fairway bunker about 100 yards from the green. It was my ball. It had also hit the cart path. Funny part about this story was that the people in front of my friend and I made a comment to my friend but he couldn't understand what they were saying. They were Japanese and told my friend "Zand"...apparently he didn't know that meant "sand" and said nothing to me.

Longest un-aided tee shot. Probably about 370 downwind. Driver, 7 iron into a 540 par 5.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

I've hit a handful of drives in the 325+. Hit one yesterday about 340, took SW to about 18ft [admittedly not my best shot], but redeemed myself and drained the putt for birdie! My longest to date, though, is 365 slightly downhill with some help from the wind.

Edit to add: just remembered this one......Messin around with a few friends at a low key muni on a very short, hidden, back-nine par 5, 440 yds, I went Happy Gilmore on it and hit a HIGH, baby fade. I knew I killed it, but wasn't sure if I REALLY got it. Turns out I REALLY got it and was 60 yds from the hole. 380 yds!!! To top it off, I pitched up to about 7 feet and made the easy 2 putt for birdie.

I once drove all the way from Oxford, MI all the way to Sturgis, SD in one day... about 1300 miles!

On my motorcycle I went from Oxford, MI to Sercy, AR... about 850 miles in one day! My ass was sore for 3-days.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

On my motorcycle I went from Oxford, MI to Sercy, AR... about 850 miles in one day!

No case of the monkey butt I hope

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!