IGNORED

A great course, in Sherman TX. North of DFW

Nikonut
Note: This thread is 5289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Very compelled to post!

Pros:

I paid $35 at 12 noon, Saturday, and just walked on....!

Elevation changes! rare for this area!

"right in the middle" difficulty wise. Not to hard and not too easy. Pick your tees! I usally play Whites, but played blues this time. (for a 106, lol)

Scenery. For this area, it does not get better. Bring a Camera.

Cons:
No driving range. Maybe in the future ?
Greens: Bent grass that is too hard to keep maintained, and 3 greens under repair, so there are 3 temporary greens.

However, I think it is just a great, great course, and its now my weekend course. I live about 15 minutes away, and all the courses south of me are a pain to get on, during a weekend.

Do yourself a favor, and go! its 45 minutes North of Dallas.

Linky:
http://www.stonecreekcc.com/golf/proto/stonecreekcc/

I've heard the one in Bonham isn't bad.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

It looks sweet!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Legacy Ridge in Bonham http://www.golftexas.com/golf-course...untry-club.htm http://www.legacyridge.com/

The one in Wolf City is also good (Webb Hill)
http://www.golflink.com/golf-courses...course=1113556
http://www.webbhillcountryclub.com/

Wish I could play on Monday, but I've got yardwork then busy with the kids.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

• 1 month later...
Going up to Stone Creek in Sherman this afternoon. I'll be there around 1pm. Send me a PM if you can make it. Talked with the club house. No greens under repair. Course in good shape.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

• 3 weeks later...
Played Stonecreek again this past weekend. Thanks for the info Nikonut. I am hooked on this course. Bentgrass greens for $35, I might try to go again this Wednesday afternoon.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Would like to play the course again Saturday morning (the earlier the better). PM me if you are able to play Stonecreek in Sherman this Saturday morning.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

My Plan is to play there again this Monday.

where is sherman from houston.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

I played this course earlier this year.

Pros: It is a beautiful course and well laid out with rolling hills and such.

Cons: The main problems I had with the course were (maybe just because it was a new course and in time the grounds will improve):
1) The fairways seemed hard. If you mishit even a little fat, you did not get a good shot, where a softer f/w would allow the club to go through to the ball.
2) You could not hit a shot to the green and expect it to stay there due to the contours of the greens or their firmness. You had to roll your shots to the greens.
3) You can easily 4 putt many of the greens due to their contours.

where is sherman from houston.

Sherman is 70 miles north of downtown Dallas heading straight up I75.

The course has softened from all the rain, but is built on top of clay soil, so will have the tendency to be firm. The layout, elevation changes, bentgrass greens, and price make up for its few shortcomings. I'd say it is currently the best value in the metroplex (worth the drive). It is also uncrowded due to location.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

It's $35 including cart the rest of the year for F, Sat, Sun. Due to scheduling, can't play until Saturday at 11am. Send me a pm if you can play this Saturday around 11am. Forecast is sunny 50 degrees.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

• 4 months later...
Just found this thread. I haven't played the course but it looks nice. Also appears they now have a driving range. Anybody played it recently and know how course conditions are?

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

It's a great course and should be in really nice shape after the rains mid week. I haven't played it since January (been playing in a friendly golf tour of the DFW munis), but Stonecreek is the best course for the money in the area. Strongly recommend playing it and reporting back.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

Note: This thread is 5289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!