IGNORED

how much do you pay at the range?

prutkows
Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

ive never been to a driving range outside of hawaii so i was wondering what the rest of the nation pays for balls.

the driving range i normally go to sells tokens for $1.50 each and each token equates to 30 balls; 90 balls to a basket.

only about 30% are new balls. of the remaining 70%, 90% have all the dimples but are still a bit worn out.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

My club furnishs unlimited range balls as part of their membership package. We don't have a stand alone driving range in the area. Only one local public course has a driving range and they charge $5.00 for a large bucket which I think is around 100 balls.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

My driving range is as follows: $6 will get you 34 balls, $9 will get you 68 balls, and $11 will get you 102 balls. Monday thru Friday between 8 and 12am pay $11 dollars and get a free large bucket, its called the early bird special. I still think their prices are high but two other ones that were near me closed down.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

We have a number of public golf courses with attached ranges. The best deal is a membership for the range $300 to $400.00 all you can hit, for the year. There are are 3 or 4 stand alone ranges, ball quality is poorer and they don't have putting greens I feel they are a waste of time. Cost for a 100 ball bucket is betwee 7.50 and $10.00. Land costs are a problem probably in Hawaii Prutkows.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

My driving range is as follows: $6 will get you 34 balls, $9 will get you 68 balls, and $11 will get you 102 balls. Monday thru Friday between 8 and 12am pay $11 dollars and get a free large bucket, its called the early bird special. I still think their prices are high but two other ones that were near me closed down.

early bird special? i suppose so since most people are working. usually i go to the range at around 10am monday-friday because its always empty :]

We have a number of public golf courses with attached ranges. The best deal is a membership for the range $300 to $400.00 all you can hit, for the year. There are are 3 or 4 stand alone ranges, ball quality is poorer and they don't have putting greens I feel they are a waste of time. Cost for a 100 ball bucket is betwee 7.50 and $10.00. Land costs are a problem probably in Hawaii Prutkows.

yeah land is expensive, but it seems the driving range i go to charges a lot less than the ones in your area. $4.50 for 90-100 balls.

200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW

Small (25-30) $4.00
Medium (75-80) $7.00
Large (125-130) $9.00
Jumbo (175-180) $11.00

This is the only stand alone range within about 45 minutes of us. They have a practice green and 2 bunkers you can hit from. Place is always packed.

You can get a seasonal membership for $300

Small (25-30) $4.00

wow, i would be flat broke if i had to pay those kinds of prices for balls. i go to the range 3-4 times a week and hit 500+ balls each time. and again, i pay $1.50 for 27-30 balls.

200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW

I work nights so I go to the range at 5:00am and get a breakfast special which is 220 balss and free coffee and doughnuts for $12.00.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

We have two sizes, small and large. I charge $5.00 for a large bucket, which holds around 65 balls and $3.50 for a small bucket which holds about 25 balls.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

The average around Central Ohio at a course seems to be $4 for a small bucket (25-30). The stand-alone range I usually go to is $9 for a jumbo (125).

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wow, i would be flat broke if i had to pay those kinds of prices for balls. i go to the range 3-4 times a week and hit 500+ balls each time. and again, i pay $1.50 for 27-30 balls.

I know the feeling for sure. Luckily my wife works for an insurance company in town and they have a deal where they can get range tickets for half price. Thats helps out quite a bit.

I work nights so I go to the range at 5:00am and get a breakfast special which is 220 balss and free coffee and doughnuts for $12.00.

Thats alot of balls to hit at one time, at least it is for me. About 60 to 80 is all I can stand due to all the heat down here. Sounds like a good deal however for ya!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Note: This thread is 6501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!