IGNORED

Worst golf course in solar system

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A lotta folks have mentioned they have played the worst courses...but I am fairly certain I have actually done so. Twin wells in Irving, tx is the place. My friend lives 10 mins away so we decided to get 18 in. There were so many ant hills on the fairway that it resembled a minefield...And if it wasn't that, the grass swallowed several of our balls...it'd be okay if we were way in the ultra tall rough, but these were spots 10 feet off the fairway. Wasn't even worth looking around for our balls... Just drop one and move on. Oh yes and Mosquitos gAlore! Twin wells...malaria wells. Some tees only had one marker also. Anyways why am I so compelled to post this? Well for one I want to lay claim to worst course played, but more importantly, even with ants and Mosquitos and aparent lack of lawn mowers at this place.... Can u believe I had an absolute blast???

Oh golf, how I love you sometimes. You are an odd mistress!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once played a converted cow pasture. I mean, literally, it was a cattle ranch with cows on the other side of a fence. The ranch owner had mowed the "fairway" more than the cow pasture and the "green" even more than that. Same grass everywhere. The only thing that disguished it as a "golf course" and not a cow pasture was: (1) flag sticks and (2) the fairly recent absence of cow pies (cow poop, for you city folk).

Did I mention the par-3's were about 60-yds long?

Beat that.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I nominate Candler Park Golf Course in Atlanta. The course is the pits, but the people there are so cool and really funny. The 1st tee is just paces from the clubhouse and has a 15 ft net that catches shanks. I've never played here where that net has not been in play.

I come out here with a 7 iron, 2 balls, and a cooler lunch bag with a few PBR tall boys. It's a great time.

Driver= Titleist 909D3 9.5 deg
3 Wood= Titleist 909F3 15 deg
Hybrid= Adams Idea Pro Black 19 deg
Irons 3-P= Titleist 695 CB
Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

Beat that.

No Problem -

http://www.kabulguide.net/kbl-golfclub.htm At least you guys played of actual grass - and your greens werent a mixture of sand&oil.; Oh and i´m sure if you look hard enough you find some remaining "real" mines

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

No Problem -

greens look fast and the lies, tight.

Wedges= Titleist Vokey Spin Mill 54/10, 60/4Putter= Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5Ball= Titleist ProV1x, NXT Tour

I've played Twin Wells ten or so times. Great layout. I really enjoy playing there. Agree with your comments on the conditions.

If the layout is interesting, I don't mind if the the course isn't finely manicured. Maybe its because I grew up playing munis, but there is something nostalgic about playing on a course with elements of natural terrain conditions.

I do, however, prefer greens where the ball rolls true (often not the case at Twin Wells and other munis)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I've played Twin Wells ten or so times. Great layout. I really enjoy playing there. Agree with your comments on the conditions.

The layout was indeed quite interesting. I liked #8...it was dogleg left w/heavily wooded stream running across fairway, and only a tiny space of open air between two giant trees to hit your ball through, with giant lake on other side. #9 was cool too because the green is on a severe uphill slope.

And the people there were as nice as can be too...I find the junkier the muni...the nicer the folks. I just did not like the crab grass mountains, and what looked like hundreds of anthills on each and every fairway. PS- Aren't you looking fwd to UT vs UTEP? I know a ton of UTEP folks here in Dallas...and eventhough UT will (should) womp them, its gonna be fun to follow.

The golf links at Mare Tranquillitatis. Talk about a real trap.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

You are right, the game shouldn't be close. I'll be playing Tour 18 in Flower Mound while the game is playing, but will record it.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I nominate Candler Park Golf Course in Atlanta. The course is the pits, but the people there are so cool and really funny. The 1st tee is just paces from the clubhouse and has a 15 ft net that catches shanks. I've never played here where that net has not been in play.

you lost me at "

PBR ". lol

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

I have played more then my fair shair of "sand greens" - good old motor oil and sand. For a few summers I worked in a park with a sand green course. I was in charge of taking care of the course (as well as the outhouses, the beach, campsites etc). I did a real crappy job taking care of the course, but I was 19 and didn't have a clue about what I was doing. The funny part about the course is I used to drive it in my pickup truck to play sometimes when it was cold and I didn't want to walk. Talk about "redneck" golf (;

I just googled it and the fee went way up in the last 17 years, it is now $10.95 to play unlimited holes in one day or $7 for one round. In my day we charged $4 for all you could golf
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Pin Oaks outside of Auburn, AL. Hard clay for a fairway with no grass. Only fun thing part was taking the governor of the gas powered carts.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Pin Oaks outside of Auburn, AL. Hard clay for a fairway with no grass. Only fun thing part was taking the governor of the gas powered carts.

Unbelievable coincidence (or proof of how bad it is), I was going to say Pin Oaks as well. War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...
Blue Heron Golf Club in Sandy Springs, Georgia, is literally a dump (built atop a landfill site, that is). Drainage is non-existent: the range of lies extends from quagmire to hardpan with very little variation. The greens are so hard and bumpy that they repel any aerial approach onto them, but the ground in front of them is usually so soggy that a run-up shot is impossible. The course has a genuinely unhealthy appearance; just compare it to any other course in the vicinity. Low-hanging power lines from a nearby dam manage to come into play on several holes. It's public, it's cheap, and it's relatively close to the middle of Atlanta, but when looked at as a course and not a commodity, Blue Heron has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Blue Heron Golf Club in Sandy Springs, Georgia, is literally a dump (built atop a landfill site, that is). Drainage is non-existent: the range of lies extends from quagmire to hardpan with very little variation. The greens are so hard and bumpy that they repel any aerial approach onto them, but the ground in front of them is usually so soggy that a run-up shot is impossible. The course has a genuinely unhealthy appearance;

I concur. This one is a gem!

Note: This thread is 5004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!