IGNORED

Putters vs Wedges

Black Hulk
Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You're gonna use a putter on every hole on a golf course whereas you may not have to use the wedge. Its alot more about how you use them rather than what you're using.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

I think all equipment in your bag is equally important. The biggest thing is to feel comfortable with whatever you have. Also remember, most expensive does NOT equal BEST.
I dont really know which I would "value" more. Probably my putter, since you do use it on every hole, and chip shots can be done with any number of clubs.

R7 460 TP 8.5* Driver
Burner TP 3 wood
r7 Steel 5 wood
rac TP MB with FCM 6.0 shafts #4-PW
rac Fe2O3 52* 8*bounce Spin Milled 56.14* and 60.04* wedges Rossa Corzina putter ProV1x

Are all putters really the same?

No way. There tons of variables that affect how a putter feels and performs. Loft varies, different materials that the head or face insert are made out of will have different feels and weights, clubhead design can give a higher MOI or other characteristics to make off center hits less punishing, the faces of some are milled to help promote topspin, different shaft positions or amounts of offset will suit different types of strokes, blah blah blah...

I think the putter is the most important club in your bag, but there's no formula to figure out for sure what's right for you without trying them. Whatever feels good and makes you feel the most confident is the one you want.

I think the 2 most Personal clubs in your bag are Driver and Putter.You can match your set for most clubs but those 2 are really feel clubs.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Variety in putters has simply exploded in the last 20 years. Some of the golf equipment companies have an online putter diagnostic test you can take. The results will suggest the three putters the company makes which will most match your game. You can test them out, pick one of the three, or probably find a similar putter from a less fancy company.

If you pretty well like the putter you have, but sometime have bad days, you might do better getting a putter fitting rather than spending $150 for a fancy new one.

I won a putter fitting at a Callaway demo day. My Ping Pal (a vintage model I got used a couple years back) was good but not quite "on target." From the fitting, I got it bent 1 degree flatter, added 3 degrees to the loft, and went from C7 to D4 swingweight. Also, I went from a thin Ping to medium Winn grip.

I'm more consistent now - except for a month with a pure distance ball that was flaky around the green. Went back to my old ball, and my putting is continuing to improve.

Wedges: Read what others have said. My wedge mix is OK, but probably not ideal.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

putter

you will use your putter from 30-40 times during a round vs the wedge.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I would also say putter. If you look at some of the best putters on tour, they rarely change putters. Ben Crenshaw use the same putter, Tiger has used the same putter, even Phil for that matter has used a similar putter his whole career.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

The 2 most important club in my bag are Putter and Sang Wedge.

They are equally important to go low.

I have changed so many grips on my putter until i found one that fits me the best ( even after i cut the putter from 35" to 34" and adjusted the lie angle. )

i found the Vokey Spin Mill 56.10 fits my game the best and i can put the ball near to the pin anywhere from 100 yards.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Note: This thread is 5461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!