IGNORED

New (Fall 2006) Titleist Arrivals

Note: This thread is 6471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Well, here are a couple of quick snaps. Three, actually.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

are these already available at shops?

907D2 9.5 Proforce V2 75 S
906F2 15* Proforce V2 95 S
MD 19* Proforce V2 100 S
735 CM 3-PW DG s400 Vokey 200 53.11*/SM 58.08* DG s300 Scotty C. Studio Design 3.5Balls -

Well, here are a couple of quick snaps. Three, actually.

blehhh, they are all disgusting :/ im very disappointed. i dont like the black sole on the wood/hybrids and the putter reminds me a lot of something from odyssey.

but, im still going to give the 906f2 a try :] i wont see the sole, afterall

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Thanks for the pictures, Erik. I'll be interested to read your comments on each of the clubs, most especially the hybrid and putter. While I am not as put off by the aesthetics of the fairway metal and the hybrid, I do think the putter looks like the red haired stepchild of the Cameron line ( along with the Futura ). However, if she rolls them true, you'll get no complaints from me.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

those clubs are absolutelu amazing

I can't wait to get my hands on a detour, after reading the titleist fall pdf file the technology they tried to implement in the putter theoretically makes sense, lets see once I have it in my hands

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

FYI - The Detour is now featured on the Titleist and Scotty Cameron websites.

WITB: Driver: Titleist 910 D2 10.5 R / 5 Wood: r7 ti / Irons: Ping G15 Steel R (3-P, U), / Wedges: Vokey SM4 56/11 SM4 60/07 / Putter: Scotty GoLo 33" / Ball: Titleist Velocity / Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 4.0 / GPS: SG3

The wood and hybrids look great. I had seen the hybrids before online. Can't wait to demo one.

The putter, however, is a different story. I love Cameron putters. His blades are the most beautiful, pleasing to the eye putters I have ever seen. I collect them and just added numbers 11 and 12 to my collection this morning via ebay (a sweet refinished Oil Can Catalina Two and an American Classic VII Napa). However, I hate his mallett and mallet-like putters (all mallets really, as I am more of a traditionalist, but his are over the top). The La Costa and Del Mar look fine enough, and I kind of like the Red X. However, I hate the Futura (mallet isn't as bad as the Phantom, but ... ugh...) and now I can add the Detour to my list. Sweet lord it's ugly. I love the Caution Orange. It's not the color selection. I love the limes and the oranges and all of that. But that HUGE, over pronounced T shaped head is aweful. It looks like something Nike or Odyssey would mass produce (w/ clear grips and neon flames shooting out of the sides perhaps?). It's hard to believe that it is the same person designing these things. Putters like the Napa and Newport have become classics. How do these things come out of the same studio? Oh well, to each his own.

In My Bags(s)... Main Set & Back Up Set

Driver: Rapture V2 9.o / G15 9.o (Stiff)
3 Wood: G15 15.5 / G10 15.o (Stiff)
5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

• Administrator
But that HUGE, over pronounced T shaped head is aweful. It looks like something Nike or Odyssey would mass produce (w/ clear grips and neon flames shooting out of the sides perhaps?). It's hard to believe that it is the same person designing these things. Putters like the Napa and Newport have become classics. How do these things come out of the same studio? Oh well, to each his own.

It may behoove you to read

this - Scotty talks about the theory behind the thing. It's not a "T" by the way - it's curved.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It may behoove you to read

The Man's an evil genius. And I've got a Newport 2 Pro Plat at his shop as we speak, and a Studio Design 1 on the way.

I like to think I'm doing my small part to help fund his R & D.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

So if it's a curved "T" then that makes it what ... a "J"?

My criticism of the putter is not a criticism of you or your taste, by the way. I just like a more traditional putter. Scotty IS a genius at "The Art of Putting". No doubt about it. I would not use any other putter after setting up w/ a beautiful, sleek Cameron blade. I have invested a lot of money in customizing putters and collecting his "works of art"; and that is what they are. I, however, do not care for his mallets, plain and simple. But then again, I don't care for mallets at all. Being a Red X user, I'm sure you disagree, and you know what... that's OK. I, however, feel like I'm putting with a sledg hammer, no matter how "light" or "technically advanced" the mallet putter is. I don't have to like every piece that Picasso painted or every arrangement that Mozart composed to love their work and respect their genius. I think Scotty got a little "crazy" w/ the Futura and has continued that with the Detour. I don't like it. Plain and simple. And no matter how much technology has gone into it, I can not see myself addressing a ball with that monster. That does not mean that it might not be perfect for someone else (say someone who drives railroad spikes for a living). That also does not mean that I don't respect him for trying something new. I do. It's just not my cup of tea.

5 Wood: G15 18.5 / G10 18.o (Stiff)Hybrid: G15 20.o / G10 21.o (Stiff)Irons & Wedges (4-L): Eye 2 +no+ / Eye 2 BeCu (Blue Dot / Stiff)Extra Wedge: 60.4 Satin Nickel Spin...

• Administrator
My criticism of the putter is not a criticism of you or your taste, by the way.

I don't know if I like it. I was just pointing anyone who was interested to an article explaining the theory behind the slightly askew "T" shape.

Being a Red X user, I'm sure you disagree, and you know what... that's OK.

You're making this bigger than it is... I was just pointing out the theory behind it, not criticizing your favor for blades. Chill...

I don't know what the big fuss over the new SC is all about fellas. If the putter works when you use it, then what's the big deal?

Jonathan Wall

In the Bag (Left Handed):
Driver: Callaway Fusion Tour FT-3, Aldila NVS 75X (Stiff)
3-wood: Titleist 975F 13.5°, UST Proforce 75X (Stiff)Irons (3-PW): Titleist 731PM, True Temper S300 (Stiff)Wedges: Titleist Vokey Raw Milled Steel, 52.08, 56.08, 60.06, Rifle 6.0 Shafts (Stiff)Pu...

I in no way intended to sound hostile, nor did I realize that I was making anything "big" out of anything . I was simply commenting on the putter. When I pointed out that you used a Red X, it was not a jab, but simply an observation that we have different taste in putters and that I can see how someone who favors a mallet could like the new Detour. Thats all. I appreciate you pointing out the article, as I found it very interesting. I enjoy this forum and the banter that takes place. Different opinions and the like. I kind of assumed that the implied a little toung in cheak. Sorry if you misread my comments. I was simply having fun giving my own opinion on the putter. By the way, I have cranked up the AC to a frosty 70.o and feel that I am now thuroughly "chilled".

That does not mean that it might not be perfect for someone else (say someone who drives railroad spikes for a living). That also does not mean that I don't respect him for trying something new.

The Futura knocked a ridiculous amount of strokes off my score, I'm looking closely at the Detour as well; can't really say I work with anything related to the railroad or the rails the go with it either. I'm not a traditionalist, I prefer looking at new technology as a way for me to increase the enjoyment I have on the course. When it comes to stuff like these putters my opinion is, "If it's stupid and it works; it isn't stupid".

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

I couldn't agree more. If it fits your game, and you like it, then you should play it. No doubt. As I said earlier... to each his own.

Note: This thread is 6471 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!