IGNORED

Big Break Disney

Duffy
Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

andrew is "growing" on me not cuz he's getting less irritating... if thats even possible...

Oh, I always thought Andrew was one of the best players on the show. And he definitely proved it with that sand shot. Before I even saw him take that shot, I knew it was going to be spectacular. I have much respect for him in that regard.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
It's a little bit more complicated than that. It's a culmination of panels, staff opinions, forums (who knows, maybe they even read this thread), youtube clip comments, etc. If they think that a character is getting on a lot of people's nerves to the point where there is a possibility of losing ratings, they will tone it down. As discussed earlier in this thread, it is a fine balance of what the viewers want to see, what the producers want to show, and what the sponsors want to show. You better believe the producers will do everything they can to maximize ratings.

Do you have proof of that? I mean, the more people who hate Andrew the better their ratings are likely to be, right? Maybe Andrew simply wasn't as annoying as they made him out to be initially. I think some of the guys were talking about him so they focused on that as long as they could... Do they edit the show every week? Or are they all done shortly after they start airing?

Think about Don Donatello! They didn't do anything to calm him down. Oh, and that reminds me: http://thesandtrap.com/tvmedia/theres_no_crying_in_golf Where else would you find an image like this?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do you have proof of that? I mean, the more people who hate Andrew the better their ratings are likely to be, right? Maybe Andrew simply wasn't as annoying as they made him out to be initially. I think some of the guys were talking about him so they focused on that as long as they could... Do they edit the show every week? Or are they all done shortly after they start airing?

On top of that I thought the show was filmed for 2 1/2 weeks sometime in july.. if its already been filmed how can they change the aspect of ones personality?

Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Oh I have no idea what they have actually done, it is purely speculation. As far as getting feedback from viewers during the editing process, they have ways of doing that, and I am sure they have a much better understanding of what viewers want to see than we do:

i.e. 10/16/09 It is true that they may be long finished with filming and editing, but even as they film episodes and edit them, they may tweak things here and there as they see fit. Heck, maybe when they edited the last episode they were already done filming and Andrew won so they decided to start making him more "likable." You all have to admit that Andrew was MUCH more likable during the last episode (buddy episode) versus previous episodes. That change had to come from SOMEWHERE and I simply do not think that change came from Andrew himself. I am curious to see if Andrew continues to play it cool through the rest of the season.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

• Administrator
It is true that they may be long finished with filming and editing, but even as they film episodes and edit them, they may tweak things here and there as they see fit. Heck, maybe when they edited the last episode they were already done filming and Andrew won so they decided to start making him more "likable."

So you don't know for sure. See, here's the thing... they film over the course of a week or two, then they edit later. They might have "story" meetings during filming, but there's no editing, really... there's no time to.

When they edit I don't know. Is the entire season done, edited, etc. or are they editing next week's show starting tomorrow based on feedback they read tonight, choosing which parts of all that they filmed to show? I don't know. I thought maybe you did... if you do, and I misunderstood, please share! I just tend to think GC isn't that highly tuned... I think it's edited and they're done.
You all have to admit that Andrew was MUCH more likable during the last episode (buddy episode) versus previous episodes.

I still maintain that he hasn't really been all that annoying. If nobody on the show had a problem with him I don't think people would have singled him out as annoying. He's not said anything negative, he hasn't whined, and he's just tried to encourage. Giving the one guy a fist bump in front of the other guy who had just failed to qualify was lame/stupid, but other people have done that too and it's been overlooked.

I think the only reason for some people that Andrew looks "better" in recent shows is that the guys he's playing with have laid off him because they're too busy sucking and fighting for their lives, so to speak...
That change had to come from SOMEWHERE and I simply do not think that change came from Andrew himself. I am curious to see if Andrew continues to play it cool through the rest of the season.

I'm not convinced it's an actual change in his behavior, just his perception - by you as well as the people he's with on the show. Or maybe, right or wrong, he did change his behavior because Blake's a girly man who can't tolerate someone else playing well?

I dislike Blake a lot more than I dislike Andrew.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. And as for Andrew, I think some of his critic's have shut up now. No matter how annoying he can get, you have to admit that he has some serious game. That bunker shot on last week's episode was a shot that probably only a handful of pros can pull off. I used to think he only got in because of his dad and the incident at Duke, but now I'm seeing that he is truly a great golfer.

Erdman on the otherhand...

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. And as for Andrew, I think some of his critic's have shut up now. No matter how annoying he can get, you have to admit that he has some serious game. That bunker shot on last week's episode was a shot that probably only a handful of pros can pull off. I used to think he only got in because of his dad and the incident at Duke, but now I'm seeing that he is truly a great golfer.

I agree he has game simply because he is more focused over his shots, I would say he is not camera shy lol. As for the bunker shot I honestly believe a tour pro could pull that shot off 7/10 times, maybe not that close but there is a little bit of luck in golf too lol.

HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

while some of them don't, there are definitely a bunch of folks hitting speedlines in this competition.

i know for sure I saw sean and mike hit them

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I would gladly take Andrew in my foursome than Blake... I would be tempted to smack him in the back of the head with a wedge if he acted like that. My lord... I havent seen anyone whine and complain that much in a long time. Seriously... he acts like a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum everytime he doesnt do something well.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

finally .... finally finally

What's In My Bag?
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

••••!!!! I spoke too soon, poor vince :( after as terrible as Blake played and Erdman played...

it's not fair for lack of a better word :)

What's In My Bag?

Nothing gave me more satisfaction than watching Blake just miss that shot. Openly rooting and complaining against two competitors? Stay classy, kid.

It's a shame that he's still on the show. I was hoping that when he said "Go home, Blake, go home" that it would come true.

That little horse competition was embarrasing. Why not just come out and give a letter to someone you don't like? Oops, that did happen. Golf is about you and your ability. That portion was childish and unnecessary, regardless of who it affected.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Watching Blake does not remind me of a guy who should be playing professional golf. His game is suspect and his attitude is the pits. Wished he gone home tonight. He's far more annoying than Andrew could ever be. And that's another thing...Andrew may be confident and a little cocky but he's not that mega-arrogant kind of guy that you can't stand to be around. The other guys need to grow up.

Are these guys all still stuck in 5th grade? Yeah Andrew is annoying, but for some reason they all have a man crush on the guy who throws clubs, shouts profanities every time he screws up, and bitches constantly about other players. Yeah, that makes sense.

-C

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

"GET YOUR LIP OFF MY BALL DUDE, GET YOUR LIP OFF MY BQUUAAALWWWLLLL" haha sry but blakey poo needs to find another hobbie. So much for vince great guy prolly shouldve worked on that short game a little more before the show. This episode turned my opinion about this series around 180 degrees, I have butterflies in my stomach for next week lol.
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw

Wow, wrong guy went home today. I've lost all respect for Blake, that dude is just weak (and I'm not even talking about his golf game). I wonder what he thought of himself and his antics when he watched himself on the show. I would be embarrassed.

For fairness purposes I hate it when elimination is decided minus holing out. But I have to concede that format tonight held plenty of suspense. You could tell Big Break producers realized it. I don't think I've ever seen seen an episode without commercials at the end. They let the play continue straight through, for at least 7 minutes, which is an eternity by Big Break standards.

With evenly matched players and no one giving away the result via facial trauma in the confessionals, I can't remember more of a coin flip elimination.

Otherwise, Blake further stamped himself as the most pathetic individual I've ever seen on Big Break. It's rather amusing because I'm sure he and Mike were confident that Andrew would come across as the tool.

An average of once per season they find an unfair challenge format. The Horse challenge qualified this time. There was zero chance Andrew could advance. He would have needed to sweep the locations. Demerits should be earned, not assigned. At the end of tonight's elimination I thought it was fitting that Vincent was sent home, since he was the first one to target Andrew with a letter. I had hoped Vincent would be strong enough to dodge the juvenile clique.

Note: This thread is 3693 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!