IGNORED

$150.......what to do?

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not sure you can get lessons from SA. I would also suggest a sand wedge and some inexpensive balls. You might also look into colder weather clothing, as Fall/Winter is around the corner, but that may be uneccesary in your area! :D

Regards,

Gary

Nakashima HTEC 460 9.5, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 (s)
Speedline 3W, 70-gram Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis
SQ 2 18 Deg. Hybrid, stock stiff graphite
R7 irons, 4-LW, stock stiff steel
White Steel 2-Ball SRT PutterSunMountain MPB bagIGolf Neo

With $150 gift card I'd buy

A. A new Vokey and a dozen pro-v1x.
B. 3 dozen taylor made penta.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I would go to a golf course and see if you can give the pro there the gift card in exchange for some lessons...if you have no luck with that, I would find a good training aid for putting or a good used sand wedge or putter. If you feel you have everything you need for now, slowly spend it on gloves and balls. Get fitted for a ball before you go buying any.

With $150 gift card I'd buy

its only 150 dollars its 45 dollars for 5 penta balls ,unless your god i would like to see you pull that off

DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

well I'm weak.

first off. I am getting lessons. 4 one hour lessons from a pro starting the last week of October. I'm psyched about this as I've only learned from watching the golf channel.

but as far as the gift card I got a Nike Sumo2 3 wood (hence the weakness), a cheapy Wilson sand wedge, and a dozen cheap balls.

The 3 wood has a square shape and I really like it. I was hitting good with it right out of the gate and while I really didn't see much difference off of the tee I could hit much better with it off the grass on my second shot. Probably mental but I like it.

The sand wedge was a $29 Wilson. Boy I had problems with this. I've been getting used to altering my swing for short flop shots with my pitching wedge and thought with this new 56 degree sand wedge I'd have much more control. I was very frustrated to find a few times I shot completley over the green, then back over again, then even more frustration!!! On the back 9 I went back to my PW and was doing better.

This was the main catalyst for lessons. I will keep you updated with those.

Also I bought some cheap Wilson Hyper Balls. They were on sale for 7.99 a dozen. I can only assume the reason they were so cheap is they got scuffed up so very easily. 2 hits and they were marked up. I was using Maxfli Noodles I got at samsclub before and like those considerably better. I never had an issue with scuffing or marking before I lost them. I'm a noob to the sport and I guess it's live and learn.

thanks for all the replies...........and yes Lessons!! I'm excited. I hope to break 100 consistently soon.

in my bag right now -- working on upgrading

G5 10.5* driver
Sumo2 15* 3wood
everything else - XL series ($199 set)next step is a putter..........then irons

its only 150 dollars its 45 dollars for 5 penta balls ,unless your god i would like to see you pull that off

Dude - he meant one or the other, A or B...

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

• Administrator
Dude - he meant one or the other, A or B...

Yeah, also, they will be $45/dozen, not $45 for 5.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

damn. I'll have to be finding these in the rough. I'll never pay $9 for a ball.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Administrator
damn. I'll have to be finding these in the rough. I'll never pay $9 for a ball.

Uhhh.....

Yeah, also, they will be $45/dozen, not $45 for 5.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Brn, Im in Tampa man, lets get together and play a round sometime!

PM me.

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

Note: This thread is 5319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!