IGNORED

Shaft doesn't fit in hosel!

Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a Rifle Spinner shaft. I want to put it in a wedge head which is definitely .370. I also have .370 ferrules. The shaft doesn't fit in either! I've been trying to file it down but to no avail. Any advice?

I have a Rifle Spinner shaft. I want to put it in a wedge head which is definitely .370. I also have .370 ferrules. The shaft doesn't fit in either! I've been trying to file it down but to no avail. Any advice?

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

Are you sure you got a .370 shaft. That shaft is available in other tip diameters.

Driver: Hyper X Tour 10.5* Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue Stiff Shaft
Hybrid: Acer Select 5000 16* Ping Cushin Stiff Shaft
Irons: NDS 3-PW (missing #7, replaced with clone) True Temper Uniflex SpeedStep Shaft
Wedges: Acer XK Tour 56*10 Precision Stiff Shaft, Revolution 60*10 True Temper Wedgeflex

Are you sure you got a .370 shaft. That shaft is available in other tip diameters.

Yea, I made sure that I had the .370. The clubheads are supposed to be .370, many people have assured me on that. Since the shaft doesn't fit, it must be bigger than .370 which doesn't exist.

Take it to someone who knows what they are doing.

It's not my gamer club so it isn't a big deal. The reason I bought all the components was to do it myself.

Do you have a caliper? What does each component spec out at?

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Do you have a caliper? What does each component spec out at?

Yea, I should probably get a caliper. I ended up filing down the shaft until it fit into the hosel and then forcing the ferrule to fit on the shaft. I think next time, I'll have to get a dremel with a grinding bit and grind down the shaft.

Yea, I should probably get a caliper. I ended up filing down the shaft until it fit into the hosel and then forcing the ferrule to fit on the shaft. I think next time, I'll have to get a dremel with a grinding bit and grind down the shaft.

Next time, get the right components.

Next time, get the right components.

And next time read the original post before saying anything. I bought all .370 components - ferrule, clubhead, shaft. Since I started this topic, I've been informed many times that Rifle shafts are notoriously thicker than .370 which is why it didn't fit.

Also, because the clubhead and ferrules were .370, as I noted in the first post, even if I had bought the wrong shaft (.355), it would still fit into the clubhead. This problem has been resolved, I sanded/filed down the shaft and everything fits now.

• 3 years later...

The situation you are describing is not unusual.  In fact it is perfectly normal.  Your average painted .370 tip shaft is usually between .375 to .376.  You have to expect to sand the area entering the hosel to remove the paint and create a proper fit.  Also it is normal for .370 ferrules to be well under .370.  These also have to be adjusted to size.  I really don't believe you had any defective parts.  However, all that said, I would never use a file. you could damage and weaken the shaft that way.  Just be patient and twist the shaft tip in some fine sand paper until it fits properly into the hosel.

I have built a lot of Irons and woods and I don't ever recall having components that didn't need to be adjusted for proper fit.  By the way, this is my first time on this site and I am an old man (65) looking to get smarter so I'm sure I'll be back looking for answers of my own.  Thanks,

Fiddler

Note: This thread is 4149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!