IGNORED

Sandpiper GC

Calc
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How's Sandpiper GC in Goleta,CA? I'm goin' to play there next month. Some people say that it's the "cheap man's Pebble". Is that true??

r7 Limited 9.5
r7 tp or r9 15*
300 series 3-9
48* 200 & 64* 07' SM
588 Chrome DSG 53* & 60* GM2 Exchange #5 34in Pro V1

"Poor Man's Pebble" is Pacific Groves a couple miles away from Pebble! hehe

I have been planning to explore some courses up north of me, so I too would like to hear about Sandpiper GC.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Played there about 3 or 4 years ago when I was down there for my brother's graduation from UC Santa Barbara. Whenever I think of it, it kind of reminds me of what Torrey Pines might look like. I've never played Torrey, but just from watching the Open out there and seeing the mix of flatter inland holes with a few holes along the water also, it seems like they could be comparable.

From what I remember, you start off with some flatter holes with tall Eucalyptus trees lining the fairways. Not much trouble on these holes as you can miss left and right and end up in other fairways. I forget a lot of the middle holes, but when you get to the back nine, thats when you start hitting from elevated tees and the holes get a little trickier along the ocean cliffs.

There is one little stretch of holes that could be considered similar to Pebble. The 11th is a relatively short downhill par 3, (I think its the signature hole), where you are hitting straight out towards the ocean. The beach is right behind the green and has a great view of the ocean from the tee box. The next tee is in a similar spot to where the 8th tee at Pebble would be. Right after the par 3 (Pebble's 7th), you move to the tee box that is also steps away from the ocean on a par 4, hitting straight up the hill.

The next few holes are the ones along the ocean cliffs and look similar to Torrey, kinda flat, a few ravines to hit over, but fair. I don't remember a whole lot more about the course but do remember leaving there very impressed and had a ton of fun. Unbelievable setting if you catch the right weather (when is it not nice in SB) and a great course overall. Have a great time out there!

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

• 2 weeks later...
I grew up playing there and surfing just up the coast. Great course. I used to play it for $14. HAHA :P

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!