IGNORED

Playing 4 rounds in 3 days.....

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Any suggestions as far as keeping my shoes dry, hydration...obviously not a bunch of beer, and stretching before or after a round? Physically, I have no doubt I can do it since we will be in carts. Im brining sunscreen since it is supposed to be in the 80's.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

When the Mrs and I go to Myrtle we play 36 every day.We bring 2 pairs of shoes with us and switch each day.Be sure to bring cedar shoe trees and use them when not using the shoes.Bottled water{Poland Spring is our favorite}stuffed in your bag is the ticket.Dry light shirts and NO VISORS HATS ONLY.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Thanks, I have the Callaway stadium 14 bag with the big cooler pocket so I can fit a 12pk of water in there if the course doesnt have any coolers. Thank god for carts becasue there is no way I could carry that bag lol

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Drink water obviously. I would spread it out overtime instead of drinking a bunch at one time. Beer will dehydrate you, so I'd stay away from that entirely.

If you have waterproof shoes, change your socks between rounds. I walked 45 in one day and changing socks was the best thing I did. Dry socks help so much. If your shoes are not waterproof, then change shoes and socks between rounds.

Stretch your lower back and legs between the rounds. Lactic acid may start to form (the stuff that makes you sore after physical activities), and stretching helps a lot with that.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Make sure you stay hydrated. Their's nothing worse than not bringing enough water and the course not having any vending machines on the course.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Water, gatorade, and two pair of shoes. And watch the partying at night - too many beers tonight will likely leave you dehydrated tomorrow.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Yeah Beer is out of the question because, its going to cost me roughly $120 just to golf alone...no money left over to burn on beer. Making sandwiches tonight.

Kyle Paulhus

Well guys started off my fun weekend with some of the worst putting ever. I shot a 94 on a course that I "owed payback" to. My last outing was a 105 and it was one of those terrible days where you start drinking heavily on the 13th hole...last time it was that bad.

Today was ok though. Pace of play was fast and finished in 3 hrs 15 mins. I only hit 6 fairways but all fo my drives were playable except 1 lost ball. My flaw today was putting for some reason. 42 putts!!!! unbelieveable. Im 30-33 on average. I had 8 up and down opportunities and only made one. Could have easliy shot a 86 if I had 2 putted instead of 3 putted 8 holes.

Oh well. Resting up tonight and washing my socks. Ready to hit the links again tomorrow.

Kyle Paulhus

Any suggestions as far as keeping my shoes dry, hydration...obviously not a bunch of beer, and stretching before or after a round? Physically, I have no doubt I can do it since

In carts?? Our Club Championships is 4 rounds in 2 concecutive days, no carts. I can tell U that on Sunday evening one is pretty worn out....

Also we have a tradition to play 3 rounds on one day once a year, 3 different courses. A quick shower and change of dry clothes and shoes between every round in those circumstances is a delight. Light but continuous eating (slow carb, fruit, no or only little fat) and steady consumption of water are essential. Using carts one does not need to eat or drink much, unless the temperature is very high.

The heat is definately still here. Most of the courses I play are public so they require a cart because they send out a million people an hour. Walking would slow pace so bad since not too many golfers actually do it here. I have walked when the weather was nice in Jacksonville and it was a rather quick round. People would have a heat stroke if they walked in Tampa, even into December.

Round 2 today at a different course.

Kyle Paulhus

This guy was hanging out today on one of the fairways....

Kyle Paulhus

This guy was hanging out today on one of the fairways....

That would freak me out being from New England

I'm usually pretty burnt after 1 round,never mind 2 or 3.

FT-IQ driver 9deg/stiff
FT-I Squareway 3 & 5 wood
FT irons 4-A
CG14 black pearl 60deg lob wedge
White Hot XG #1 Blackmax 56deg SI Stadium 14 cartbag

I think most of the key points have been hit. Since you're out there already, you probably won't need any more "survival advice" so I'm just going to tell you to HAVE FUN!

As for what I would have told you prior.... I don't like wearing hats because I'm a sweat machine. So, I normally get the spray sunblock and spray it in my hair. Started doing that after I got blisters on my scalp one year in Ft Lauderdale. It seems to work pretty well.

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

this guy was hanging out today on one of the fairways....

Same one who got Chubb's hand?

I would have either avoided him like the plague or beat the crap out of him with the 4-iron cuz who needs a 4-iron.

In my
Extreme Sport bag:
FTiq 10° Stiff Flex Driver
906F4 Fairway 15.5°
SQ 3/5i Hybrids 21°/26° AP1 S300 4-W SV Tour 54° Vokey Oil Can 58° Nike iC 20-10A Blade Putter"The only Pro-V that I use is my shampoo." - Me

I have group of guys that take a Myrtle Beach trip every year. 7 rounds in 4 days and fly home the 5th day. it is really pretty easy. Drik plenty of water in between your beer and vodka or whiskey of choice. eat a decent breakfest and dinner...get 4 or 5 hours of sleep everynight.

you can recover when you get home. Have fun it should be a great trip!!

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Same one who got Chubb's hand?

As long as you don't try to hit him with an one iron.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

What courses in Jax are you playing?

Well I took my vacation in Tampa with my Girlfriend and family so I have played my rounds down here this week. Shot a 94 94 90 90. Got to see some friends that I havent seen in a while and enjoyed my rounds. I need to get on the practice green when I get back to Jax tho. Stopped counting my putts after the second round, but I could have easily shot a 85 or better. 3 putts really killed my score.

Usually in Jax I play Deercreek, Fernandina Beach, St. Johns CC, Cimerone, South Hampton. Im trying to play all the courses since I have only been up in Jax for 3 months.

Kyle Paulhus

Note: This thread is 5269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!