IGNORED

Tee height?

Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am not sure if this is the correct place for this topic but here goes.

I have a Cobra S9.1 Draw driver and it was suggested by my pro to use 2 and 3/8" tees. I have a feeling that they might be too high for me. The driver does make the ball go high but would like it a little lower. The shaft is:

Adila DVS - HL 50-R

M speed tuned

Ball speed 110-140 mph

Weight 50g

Kick: Low

Torque:4.9

Shaft length 45.5" (I am seeing the pro tomorrow to possibly get it shortened to 44" as I am only 5'6" tall).

I have very little idea as to what all this means particularly Kick:Low

I am sure that you experts out there could give some advice on tee height.

Thanks in anticipation

Brian

Ping Eye 2 Beryllium Copper irons
Cobra S9.1 10.5 degree driver
Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

A low kick point means the shaft was designed to give the ball a higher trajectory.

Thanks for that. Well the low kick point works that's for sure, I still get a bit of roll on the ball after it hits the deck though. My old Ping Eye 2 driver never went anywhere near that sort of height. It is taking a bit of getting used to.

Cheers Brian

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

I am sure that you experts out there could give some advice on tee height.

All you have to do is go to the range and experiment with different tee heights until you find out what the best match is for the club and your swing. There is no magic number or setting that we can tell you. You also have to play around with the ball position within your stance as well as tee height until you find out what works best.

I could pick up your driver and maybe when I hit the ball needs to be almost in the middle of my stance and 2" off the ground. For you, you might need to play it 2.5" off the ground and just inside the front foot. It all depends on you swing and where the club will make the best possible contact with the ball. There just isn't anything that someone can tell you about how high. Every swing is different so the tee height and ball position will be different too.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

All you have to do is go to the range and experiment with different tee heights until you find out what the best match is for the club and your swing. There is no magic number or setting that we can tell you. You also have to play around with the ball position within your stance as well as tee height until you find out what works best.

Yes, of course you are perfectly correct. I thought that I was asking a bit much but any answer (usually) is a good answer and there is something to be gained from it. What you say is obvious really, so obvious that I hadn't thought of doing it. I had better grab my club and slope off to the nearest range.

Cheers Brian

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

lower tee'd ball= lower trajectory.. most say you want half the ball showing over the top of the driver when sitting at adress, i prefer around 1/4 of the ball though.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

your driver is designed to hit the ball very high to maximise carry. the shaft is only 50 grams with a low kick point = high ballflight. you should talk to your pro and see what he says but in general a lower tee means a lower ballflight

Eh?? 2 3/8" ?? Tee it up quarter to half ball above the face and hit it.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, I have had 1" taken off my shaft it is now 44.5" and a new grip fitted as I didn't like the original Cobra grip at all. Anyway, the pro said that he probably couldn't save the grip. Will get out there and start experimenting with different tees and ball positions. Thanks to all who have answered my post.

Ta Ta

Brian

Cobra 23 degree baffler
Yes Sandy putter

I'm guessing that between the high launch, low kicking shaft in a regular flex is why the ball it going high. BUT as long as your launch angle is around 12-14* all is well.

Conventional wisdom says to tee the ball so the equator of the ball is at crown level of the driver. So I'd suggest to start with that and see what happens.

When I want to do a low stinger type of shot with my driver I tee the ball lower, put it back in my stance around or a little behind my left foot, (towards the middel of my stance) and grip down on the club. Also if you can keep the follow thru no higher than shoulder level that will help also; kinda like a punch shot.

Note: This thread is 5297 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!