IGNORED

new driver time

bergeRR
Note: This thread is 5278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not that i have managed to out grow my current driver, but after so many throws and smashing of tees, it is time to get a new one. I currently have a nike 5900, but with a regular flex shaft. Taking slow motion video shows that this shaft is clearly not stiff enough. I love the 5900 but I am intrigued at the new diablo driver. What are your guys take on the drivers. Im def still a high handicap golfer but usually hit the ball consistently straight.

In the Slingshot Tour
SUMO 5900 10.5
SUMO2 3 wood
Slingshot 4d 5-PW, AW
purespin: diamond face 56, 60 marxman malletballs-

Not that i have managed to out grow my current driver, but after so many throws and smashing of tees, it is time to get a new one. I currently have a nike 5900, but with a regular flex shaft. Taking slow motion video shows that this shaft is clearly not stiff enough. I love the 5900 but I am intrigued at the new diablo driver. What are your guys take on the drivers. Im def still a high handicap golfer but usually hit the ball consistently straight.

Ive heard the diablo puts it just as straight as any of the other forgiving drivers, but doesnt put out as much distance.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

You may find great results for less $$$ by re-shafting your current driver. Something to consider at least.

ding ding ding!

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

well i want to get a new one only because there are alot of dings and crap on the bottom of the club from beating it into the ground on mishits.

In the Slingshot Tour
SUMO 5900 10.5
SUMO2 3 wood
Slingshot 4d 5-PW, AW

So many throws? Do you typically throw your driver after you hit your consistently straight drives?

well i want to get a new one only because there are alot of dings and crap on the bottom of the club from beating it into the ground on mishits.

I would focus on improving my swing with the driver you have first. Getting a new driver isn't going to instantly improve those mishits where you beat it into the ground and you'll end up with a brand new driver with nice dings on it in no time.

So many throws? Do you typically throw your driver after you hit your consistently straight drives?

lmao...........that what I was thinking.

As far as drivers are concerned, I was sold on TaylorMade drivers for years until I bought my . Give them a shot when you demo drivers.

TaylorMade R11S 9 Degree

TaylorMade R5 Dual 3 Wood
TaylorMade Rescue Mid 19 and 22 degree
Ping Eye 2 Plus Irons 4-SW
Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball Blade putter

demo a few drivers and see what is right for you
DRIVER: titleist 910d3 9.5* project x 6.0
3WOOD: titleist 910fd 15* project x 6.0
HYBRID: titleist 910h 19* project x 6.0
IRONS: titleist 710 ap2 3-pw nippon xstiff
WEDGES: titleist vokey 52.08 & 58.08
PUTTER: scotty cameron studio select newport 2

I love my current driver.......Cobra L5V 11.5 loft, reg shaft.

I play it in the 1 degree closed mode as my older cobra LD M speed Offset was causing too many pulls.

Hands down, I think the Cobra's are the way to go....and you don't have to go new...there are plenty out there on the pre-owned market (Edwin Watts, Golfsmith, etc.)

I have tried others (Callaway, Adams, Nicklaus, Ping) but keep going back to the Cobra's

try gettin the sumo2 5900 from dicks with the proforce v2 stiff on it its only like 140 at the store but its 200 online

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

yea the throwing fits have been done for a while. Thats why i was thinkin it was time for a new driver that wont suffer the same fate. There were quite some throws, had to climb a tree once.

In the Slingshot Tour
SUMO 5900 10.5
SUMO2 3 wood
Slingshot 4d 5-PW, AW

yea the throwing fits have been done for a while. Thats why i was thinkin it was time for a new driver that wont suffer the same fate. There were quite some throws, had to climb a tree once.

Then maybe you should stay with the SLINGSHOT!

Note: This thread is 5278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!