IGNORED

Environmental impact of golf balls

cksanjose
Note: This thread is 5278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

would like to have some of those relics!

In MY bag...
IRONS X-Forged
WEDGE X-Tour 52*, 56*, & 60*
DRIVER Big Bertha 454 Titanium
WOODS FTI 3W, Big Bertha 5WPUTTER Itsy Bitsy Spider BALL Pro V1x

Sounds like a job for Super Al Gore!

(faster than a putting stroke...
more powerful than a dry ball washer...
able to leap entire clubheads in a single bound...)

If he discovers this, golf will cease to exist

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Let me think...

Depleted Uranium, Nuclear Power, Oil Pollution, Global Warming, Dwindling natural resources, war, famine, recession...

Sorry, but the environmental impact of golf balls is pretty low down on my personal lost of priorities.

Also, if golf courses weren't golf courses, they'd probably be high rises and car parks. So we lose a few balls - courses are still islands of green in an ever encroaching jungle of concrete.

The article mentions golf balls take from 100 to 1000 years to degrade. If that's true, why is that I only ever find really, really tatty balls anywhere

Perhaps, but in fairness, it's probably worse than most people would like to assume it is.

You don't need to remind me of the benefits of esoteric research, I'm training in anthropology which can be about as esoteric as an academic discipline can get at times

. The problem arises when such research finds its way into the popular imagination somehow. Generally resulting in it being misunderstood or over-generalised by people or organisations that don't have the depth of understanding needed to properly apply it, which in turn, often leads to it being misappropriated for somewhat dubious social and political purposes. The notion of culture is a glaring example to borrow one from anthropology. I guess I've found environmental research to be particularly susceptible to such goings on unfortunately.

what are these jokers tryin to tell us now...

In the SunMountain 3.5 carry bag?

Driver- Cleveland Hibore Monster XLS
3 Wood- Cleveland Hibore
4-sw- Cally Big Bertha 2007 Putter- Odyssey crimson series 660 Ball- Bridgestone e6+

thats one bit of litter id never forget to pick up. unless it was a bad ball :)

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

You don't need to remind me of the benefits of esoteric research, I'm training in anthropology which can be about as esoteric as an academic discipline can get at times

Genius...very well put.

-Beane

Note: This thread is 5278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!