IGNORED

I qualified to play in the BMW Championship!!

Golfaway
Note: This thread is 5246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, I did it!!

After a qualifying round of 36 yesterday (Stableford, could have easily been a 40 or even a 42 if not for my mentally retarded putting skills) I qualified to play in the BMW Amateurs Championship next month in the Katameya Golf and Tennis resort in Cairo, one of the most prestigious courses in Egypt.

There will be 15 qualifiers, right now I'm at 6th position (the leader scoring 40) but there are still 6 more players playing a qualifying round tomorrow, so my rank might go down to 8th or something, but most probably I'll still be in.

I'm really excited as this would be the first time I play in a tournament like that, also first time I play anywhere outside my club. The Katameya GC, as I hear, is a long and tough course.

I should have really gotten better than 36, but I was suffering with putting all day long. On the 16th par 4, I made a GIR and 4-putted for double bogey. I wanted to kill myself.

Here's the course where the event will be played

http://www.katameyaheights.com/golf_course.html

Can't wait till the 11th!!!
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

Fantastic job, man! That's awesome.

Good luck in the tourney.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Congrats!

I'd loave to enter one of those comps but I don't play consistently enough.
I could shoot 44 points one day 20 the next!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Congrats and keep it simple.
Good luck.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

congrats i made a qualifier in march, with 44, couldnt play the bigger event on the better course because of age issues:( i was mad :)

In my r7 tour bag using my tp red balls,
i use

Driver:tour burner tp
3W:r7 tp5W:burner tp or titleist 906f22H:rescue dual tpAP2 3-PW DG30052*tour-wPutter:Button Back or newport beachI shoot a 74 on average

I'm really confused, this was a points system qualifier rather than stroke play?

What's in my hoofer 2 golf bag:

Driver:: R9 9.5* with Fujikura Rombax 7Z08 shaft in X-stiff
3 wood:: R9 15* with Fujikura Motore F1 65g in X-stiff
2-PW: TA2 with Dynamic Gold X-100Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 53* Gap and 60* LobPutter: Pro Platinum Newport 2 with custom paint and stamp on heal/toeBall:

I'm really confused, this was a points system qualifier rather than stroke play?

Either way, I think we can safely say this is the most misleading topic title ever. " . . .

the BMW Championship"? Really? I'm just sayin'.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Is this the bmw world cup championship?
Like there's different rounds and stuff?

I read about this in golf digest.
There's 3 category's
something like 0-10 10-18 and 18+

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Is this the bmw world cup championship? Like there's different rounds and stuff? I read about this in golf digest. There's 3 category's something like 0-10 10-18 and 18+

Yes that's it.

My achievements:

Yes that's it.

Good luck!

What round are you in? If you shoot your handicap you'll be doing very well

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Good luck!

I think I'll be put in the 18+ category.

It won't be easy though, the course is tough and I've never played it before.
My achievements:

I think I'll be put in the 18+ category.

It's a 54 hole competition.

Well I think it is. Try to play consistently there's no point risking shots.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex

Note: This thread is 5246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!