IGNORED

When are you going to change your wedges?

Leftygolfer
Note: This thread is 5268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I had my wedges (and irons for that matter) built for me I had them cut CoC grooves so I'm good to go.

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

it's not that i'm close minded, i just don't see the rationale behind spending $400-$1000 getting new clubs to satisfy a rule that is irrelavant to the recreational golfer's life.

Nobody ever said you had to, not even the USGA. That's why the rule doesn't go into effect for us average Joes until 2024. By then, anyone who hasn't replaced his irons and/or wedges doesn't play enough golf or care enough for it to matter anyway.

You just won't find any new brand name wedges to buy with the current larger grooves after the end of 2010. You can still use what you already own for another 14 years after that.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to think I would wait until I need to buy a new set of wedges... but I know I will break down and buy something that catches my eye...

I will go to conforming wedges before 2014. My opinion is get on with it and become comfortable with them asap - it will only make a difference if you think it will. Think of the advantage you'll have over the players using them for the first time in 2014...

Whenever I need new ones...I really don't see a point in getting new ones because of the new groove rule. I doubt anyone on here is going to the Tour and for the average joe golfer it really isn't going to change anything.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

This is a great question. I have a "stockpile" of non conforming wedges that hopefully can be used up by 2024, , so will be using them for some time to come, but most probably will end up getting a few of the new conforming wedges as more of them get out to the marketplace, just to experiment and see how much differently they affect the shots. I am waiting around to see what Nike comes out with since I am currently using the VR wedges. It will be fun to experiment with the new grooves but I will wear out the non conforming stuff before using the conforming clubs on a golf course.

Driver: Taylor Made  Rocketballz Stage 2
3 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
4 wood: Rocketballz Stage 2
Hybrids: Cleveland 20 and 23.5 degree
Irons: Mizuno MP57 5-7, Mizuno MP62 8-9 Wedges: Mizuno MP62 Pitching Wedge, 49 degree,  Titleist Vokey SM4  55.13 (bent from 56.14) Sand Wedge, Titleist Vokey SM4 60.10 Lob wedge

I will change when I feel that my current wedges are too worn out for play or I happen to have the money to get something new. Not worried about the rule though.

Pretty much the same for me

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5268 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!