IGNORED

Mizuno Golf

pingman
Note: This thread is 5225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love their irons and own two sets. Great wedges too. I guess my putter also counts as Mizuno! I've been eying some MP-57s but I really do not need more clubs. .

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

I just bought a set of MP-59's so obviously I think a lot about them. I've really liked their MP-57 and 62's that I've tried. For me, there's just something about them that draws you to them. I think they've done a good job with their new line of offering a wide range of clubs. The MX-300 are a great forged club for a midcapper.

I tried one of their drivers and liked it. Not enough to buy it. Very hot face though.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Not sure how...but got MP-57 and MP-52, all used in a good condition....love it!

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

Ive talked to some people who were very much disappointed with the quality of their Mizuno irons.

When my Mizuno irons showed up, they weren't even close to what I had ordered, as they were anywhere from standard lie to +1.5. I ordered +3

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Anyone care to express their opinions/ideas on Mizuno clubs?

Sorry to say, from my personal experience, Mizuno clubs are not all they are cracked up to be.

I had a set of MP57s for a while and although they look very bling and feel very nice (when you pure one), in my opinion they don't give you much (if anything) over and above what other clubs can offer. Perhaps my overall feelings tsowards Mizuno are not helped by the poor fitting I got from the local Mizuno rep here, but to compound things, when the clubs came from the factory there were some disappointing inconsistencies with the swingweights and lie angles. I just went back to Ping irons after my spell with Mizuno and I now feel at peace again
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

I've never hit any Mizuno's other than my old TP Mills putter (which I liked), but throughout this forum you'll find a lot of people that love them. Their irons could be the best brand in golf. Their wedges are underrated. Bettinardi putters are underrated. Woods were bleh, but their getting there. As well as their drivers. I'd check them out if I were you.

I guess I will find out soon enough. I just picked up a (above avg.) nice set of used MP-32's. I will have to get the lie adj. 2* up before use, but hope to work them into my game. I will have to report back then.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Anyone have any experience with these guys? I used Mizuno baseball equipment exclusively for sometime and it was great. Performance, durability, everything was in the products. I've always been interested in Mizuno Golf products but haven't taken the plunge. Anyone care to express their opinions/ideas on Mizuno clubs?

I really like Mizuno and the feel, IMO is unbeatable, (but in order to enjoy that Mizuno "butter" you have to strike the ball at least fairly well--this should go w/o saying, but I've read where ppl haven't been able to feel the" Miz butt" and they don't know what we're talk'n about). Their equipment is some of the best out there and I have no problems with the quality. HOWEVER, IMO their customer service just flat SUCKS and that is why I'll never buy new from Mizuno again.

I've love my MX-25s, and I'll probably go with Mizuno irons again down the road. I've demoed one of their drivers, and it felt like a tin can on a stick. I'd like to try out their wedges, but I'm pretty happy with the ones I have for now. I also really like their Retroflex gloves. They're durable and fit my hand well. I haven't had any dealings with their customer service, so I can't speak to that.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver: Callaway Hyper X 10° | Fairway Wood: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15°) | Hybrid: GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20°)
Irons: Mizuno MX-25 4-PW | Wedges: GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52°, 56°, 60° | Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

. . . IMO their customer service just flat SUCKS and that is why I'll never buy new from Mizuno again.

That's why I always buy used forged irons. I pick up irons with a bit of wear (not too much and no signs of abuse). They're still reasonably sound and might only need a slight repair or adjustment. I just get it done myself. There's no need to deal with somebody over the phone who may or may not golf - and on any given day, they're probably having a bad one.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I own the following golf product from Mizuno

1) Comp Ez Iron set
2) Mp 30 irons set
3) Mp 33 iron set
4) Mp Wedges, 52, 56 & two 60s
5) 2 Aero lite golf bags
6) 2 Mizuno mocks
7) 2 Mizuno rain jacket
8) Mizuno rain pants
9) Mizuno putter
10) Mizuno golf gloves
11) Mizuno golf shoes with ceramic cleats
12) Mizuno mp 33 ball marker
13) Comp EZ 2 iron
14) Comp Ez wedge

I love Mizuno irons, wedges, golf bags, golf gloves and golf shoes they are well designed and built with quality.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I just purchased an Aerolite III golf bag tonight in the staff colors. I hope I made a good choice. It sure looks good.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Note: This thread is 5225 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!