IGNORED

Tiger is going to win at least two majors in 2010.

cougar978
Note: This thread is 5252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He'll win at Pebble.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I'll be surprised if he wins anything other than a non-USA tournament. The guy has an ego as big as all ourdoors. He has just been embarrased to the max. The guy is not a machine. Ego's can be very fragile. Snide comments, like, "Where's the best bimbo bar in town tonight Tiger" could really set him off. He has a pretty short fuse.

Will he recover eventually? IMHO, probably. He's very healthy and young and has plenty of years left to compete. Probably win at least one more major. But I wouldn't bet the farm on next year. Becoming the punch line of a lot of jokes is not going to help your mental stability.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

I'm interested in how the crowds will recieve him.

I anticipate a good deal of heckling and nonsense.

He's surely earned the nickname, "Cheatah Woods".

Maybe he'll just bone up on security even more and be able to wade through the media frenzy that will be facing him....never been an issue before....we'll see.

It's not like he'll be overcome with guilt or anything. He was making eagles and birdies all the while he was thinking with his dipstick....didn't bother him then....now that he's been discovered.....don't anticipate it bothering him now, either.

Best thing he could do, in my opinion, is proceed with the divorce asap....settle things as quietly as possible. Reconnect with his future exwife on a different level...as parents of two childeren and provide a stable environment for them.

Make a nonissue about girlfriends and love interests by remaining single.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

If I lived close to a sports book, I'd lay $100 on it right now and probably get some good odds.

At this point I think it could go either way. I do expect him to come out of the gate slowly this year though.

I think the odds of him winning all 4 are as good as him winning 0.

Now that's bold. I would think it's inordinately more difficult to win all 4 than to win zero, given the fact of the number of times each has been accomplished over history, Tiger or not.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'll be surprised if he wins anything other than a non-USA tournament. The guy has an ego as big as all ourdoors. He has just been embarrased to the max. The guy is not a machine. Ego's can be very fragile. Snide comments, like, "Where's the best bimbo bar in town tonight Tiger" could really set him off. He has a pretty short fuse.

Exactly what I was thinking. He's done for 2010, at least the first half. HE's the lead story on all the tabloid shows with no end in sight. Now the texts are out and as vile as one imagines. He'll win again, just not this year. By the way, you dont win 80 tournaments if you cant play in the wind. What do you think they were all played in perfect conditions? How about the "Stinger 3-Wood"? I would Tiger up against anyone in the wind, or any other condition for that matter.

G10 Driver Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 65 Stiff
G5 3-Wood Aldila NV65-Stiff
G15 20 Hybrid TFC stiff
I15 Irons 4-P
S/M Black Nickel 52 56 60 Marxman Mini 33" Tour B330 RXCarroll Valley Resort, Fairfield PA Rating: 72.3 Slope: 128www.carrollvalley.com

I doubt he can even win just 1 tournament. After the Tiger's fear factor had been dismissed by Yang, and all that pressure to Tiger that he now try to prove his #1 player regardless all that stories recently, and loosing many respect from his fan, Well... I doubt it. Just my opinion though. Let's see how he come out next year.

By the way, you dont win 80 tournaments if you cant play in the wind. What do you think they were all played in perfect conditions? How about the "Stinger 3-Wood"?

I guess you haven't seen much of European tour players.

Golf: Agony & Love over 3 Generations

If I lived close to a sports book, I'd lay $100 on it right now and probably get some good odds.

Ill bet you a sleeve of Pro V1x balls (seeing as we are on a GOLF forum) that tiger doesnt win more than 2 majors. if you or anyone else would like to extend the terms by predicting who will Then keep replying to this post and we will see where this leads

Forget your opponents; always play against par. ~Sam Snead

Sumo2 5900 9.5, ProForce V2 stiff
Diablo 3w
Baffler TWS 3h MP57 4-pw VR wedge 52.10, 56.14 TPz 60.06 Studio Style Newport 2 SG5ProV1x

I doubt he can even win just 1 tournament. After the Tiger's fear factor had been dismissed by Yang

I think thats one of the points most overlooked - he always had the aura of the unbeatable making his opponents shake when they had to go up against him. The defeat against Yang might have scratched this aura - probably not enough to destroy it yet - but if this happens more frequently - he will have to face off against opponents that wont crumble that much down the stretch. And that makes this game just a bit more difficult..

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I wouldnt bet agaist it. He has owned Pebble Beach and St Andrews throughout his career...
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Ill bet you a sleeve of Pro V1x balls (seeing as we are on a GOLF forum) that tiger doesnt win more than 2 majors. if you or anyone else would like to extend the terms by predicting who will Then keep replying to this post and we will see where this leads

You're on.

This is the way I look at it. If Tiger wants to remain married, he is going to have to makle some concessions this coming season. He probably won't be able to play as many tournaments although I am sure his sponsers may have something to say about that.

If his wife divorces him, he will have that stress hanging over his head. This will not be the same thing that he endured when his father died, nor when he was playing with the bum knee.

At this point, I'm not sure he would want to win 2 majors or a half dozen tournaments. That would only show that he is heartless and that his infidelity hasn't affected him at all. Just playing Devil's Advocate here.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

2 majors alright, 2 major problems in 2010 that is.

Your crazy. Its Tiger we are talking about, not man boob Phil!! Tiger will be fine

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

He'll dominate at Pebble. Will probably win at St. Andrews. And is due at Augusta. He could pretty easily win 3, maybe 4 if he plays good at the PGA. But there will most likely be a few less people following him.

Phil's another guy to look at this year.

Your crazy. Its Tiger we are talking about, not man boob Phil!! Tiger will be fine

Tiger might do a better job than others trying to keep his feeling/emotions from his life outside the ropes in check - but there is a point where he just cant ignore it.

When his father passed away he went through a stretch of emotions that influenced his golf game. The current situation might not have such a big influence on his emotions like the death of his father, but he will have to deal with additional negativ influences by fans and the media.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Note: This thread is 5252 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!