IGNORED

Greetings from Wisconsin

danieldrieberg
Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I dont have any basketball tickets and I wouldnt give up my season Badger hockey tickets for all the money in the world. Sorry!

Yep---see post 2 back

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viroqua Hills is a decent course, I am not a fan of forest hills so much. If you want to play a really nice course without dropping a lot of money, try the mountain in trempleau. Probably the nicest course around for the money, they usually run a special in the summer for 18 holes and a cart for around 30-35 dollars.

Will do ---when I'm in the area I'm always looking for new courses to play. That's a good price. Plenty of elevation changes I assume???? Maybe see u there

52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

Will do ---when I'm in the area I'm always looking for new courses to play. That's a good price. Plenty of elevation changes I assume???? Maybe see u there

Actually the name is deceiving its probably the flattest course in the area. The wind plays a huge factor there and so does water, there is water on about 11 holes I think. The fescue grass is always fun too.

In the bag
Driver - Burner 460cc with Balistik Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Adams A4 3i
Hybrid Adams Golf Tight Lies 4 utility
Irons - Adams Golf Tight Lies 5-SW CG 12 52 degree 58 degree spin milled Classic #2 Putter

The winters really drag on here and I do search for entertainment

How can the winters really drag? There is so much fun stuff to do here: ice fishing, snowmobiling, skiiing, ice skating; the Badger basketball and hockey games at the Kohl center, not to mention theres so many music venues and great little local dive bars.

Theres always some local little festival, art show or something fun going on.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

How can the winters really drag? There is so much fun stuff to do here:

The colored activities are past tense or "never did" for me. The rest are in play.

All of the other activities are substitutes for golf. I do travel to warm places and as a farmer do work out in the balmy winter weather. You got good seats for your hockey tickets? Are there bad seats in Kohl center hockey setup. I've just been to coliseum hockey. ie can you see the along the boards with the seating angle????

The colored activities are past tense or "never did" for me. The rest are in play.

The seats are about halfway up (just in front of the luxury boxes) and about 1/4 of the way from the goal on the same side as the players' benches. I think they are good seats. Id honestly like to be closer to the students' section, because the section that we have is with the older people and its a little more tame that Id prefer, but my girlfriend got these seats for me and spent a lot of money for them, so Im just thankful to have those tickets. I am VERY, VERY, VERY thankful to have a girlfriend who loves hockey and would spend the money to get these seats for me.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

yep---My wife is a college hockey fan too. So i've got that going for me.

I'm going to have to make it a point to make it down for a game. Daugher and SIL will enjoy also. Suppose the Gophers series is already a sell out. Perhaps it will be an out of WCHA game

The games vs the Gophers is usually a sell-out. You know how much we hate those gophers. I was at the 2nd hockey game vs the Gophers and it was awesome. The Kohl was packed and the fans were so abusive, even though the Badgers played really poorly.
IMO, one of the most fun parts of the games is the almost constant crowd chanting. From the, "sieve, all your fault" (complete with the crowd pointing at the opposing goalie) chant when the Badgers score a goal, to the, "1, 2, 3; we want more" (depending upon how many goals the Badgers have scored) after each goal to the dancing of the student section. Its just all in all a great time. The last game I went to was vs Michigan Tech, which is the worst team in the WCHA and by the end of the game the Badgers were up 6-0 and for the past 2 or 3 minutes of the game, the crowd was chanting, "thanks for trying" and "pull the goalie" to the MTU players.
The Badger games are so much fun!

I am getting so psyched to get to game. A lot of the tradition we had in the 1970's has remained. All those crowd behaviors are familiar.

The Bud song started with Hockey in 73. At Coliseum half the crowd shouted "less filling" other half "tastes great" just before end of each period. Beer garden stampede then occurred with you guessed it Miller Lite in a Bucky glass.

The rubber chicken hung off a hockey stick was a common sight. Why---who knows. Sieve done in a long chant or short staccato at opposing goalies. Yep student behavior was as entertaining as the game.

Before each game we the student section would yell---Good Evening Phil---Phil the game announcer would respond---Good Evening hockey fans. Tonight's game will feature the WCHA leader, your Wisconsin Badgers versus the North Dakota Fighting Sioux!!!!! The Badger team would then form two lines leading to our goal and All American Goalie Julian Barretta would skate backwards from center ice into goal crease. The team wold mob him and then the game was on!!!!

DROP THE PUCK

lots of kool traditions.

I agree, lots of cool traditions. I honestly dont understand all of them, but Im learning quickly.
When you said drop the puck it reminded me of another great crowd chant. Just before a faceoff, the crowd chants the opposing teams name. For example, lets use the hated Gophers: "Gophers suck, drop the puck!!!" Good times.

Welcome.

My gf's family has a place in Green Lake. You ever make it up there and play the courses at Lawsonia? They have two great, vastly different golf courses. Not sure how much $$ because I've never had to pay to play it but it is some damn good golf. Also, Baraboo country club is nice, just north of Devil's Lake, check it out. Basic course but interesting holes. have fun.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Ok, I just gotta share these vids:

LMOA-----thanks for the youtube clips. Love the TIME WARP---I have seen "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"---at the Majestic theater on the square Friday at Midnight. Just too kooool.

I will be at a Kohl Center Hockey game. very very stoked.

If you have Fri or Sat series tics---I will pm you when I'm going

Welcome.

Played them both many times. To get cheaper play at Lawsonia try Sunday afternoons or better yet buy a subscription to MIDWESTGOLFINGMAGAZINE. For $40 you get FREE greens fees for the following courses. All you have to do is pay the cart fee--about $15.

Lawsonia The Bull Trapper'sTurn The Bridges Fire Ridge Christmas Mountain All these courses command a $80-$100 greens fee. One play each. For just one $40 fee. Each year I buy two to four subscriptions and enjoy life. Last year Wisconsin Shottalker forum members bought the coupons and we had golf outings---8 to 10 guys on some classy courses. It was truly a BLAST. When you are up at GL try a short drive to Berlin to play Mascoutin CC. Another fine course. Or better yet give me a call. I will join you if I can. The woodland course is very good (Lawsonia) and the Links is one of my all time favs. Last time I played I finally birdied the 18th from the tips!!!!! All other times it was bogey. . For those who have not been there the 18th is a long par 550+ yards into a prevailing west wind with Monster fairway bunkers and trademark 10 feet high grass fairway mounds. Get in behind a grass mound and your only choice is to hit a wedge from 250 yards out. It finishes with with a classic Lawsonia's undulating pitched large green. No trees around so it is sunbaked and very hard. Makes for a very tough green to hold the approach. Quick slider putts increase the difficulty.

LMOA-----thanks for the youtube clips. Love the TIME WARP---I have seen "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"---at the Majestic theater on the square Friday at Midnight. Just too kooool.

Glad you liked the vids. Half of the fun of a Badger hockey game is peoplewatching and just seeing everyone going crazy.

Welcome,

I'm from Janesville myself, and I concur on the weather, the wait until spring is going to kill me. At least nowadays I can go to a simulator and "play" unlike years ago.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

Welcome,

Dont forget about Vitense Golfland in Madison. They have a heated driving range.

Welcome,

I have golfing buds down in Janesville too. We played Glen Erin as a group. Those short pins (half the length of regular pin) threw me. 1st hole I was out 120 yards by the fairway marker. It sure looked like 150 by my eye. So I pull my 8 iron and hit a great shot. Right at the pin with the right shape. Ooop flew the green by 25 Yards. My laser rangefinder became very important that day. Son's GF is from there too.

Note: This thread is 5174 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!