IGNORED

What does golf do for you?

shaank0
Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf is the time I get to spend with my friends and escape from the hassles of the world for a few hours. I have two daughters (ages 6 and 10 months) and although not so much with the baby but golf is something that my 6 year old and I can share together. I have just taken her to the range but when I see her jump up and down asking did you see that one Daddy I can't help but swell up a bit. Golf is a game we can play for life health willing and to be able to share that with my kids, friends, and others that mean so such to me is more that you can ever ask for.....except maybe a 2 handicap! To the OP keep at it (life and golf). You are young and have a lot to learn in life but it sounds to me that you are on the right track. One thing about being a parent is that it's not about you anymore and as long as you keep that in mind all will work out.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

I have always been involved in competitive sports from an early age, but not golf. I just never considered it. Both of my parents were tournament level bowlers so from the age of 6 I found myself wanting to do the same. When my father found a business opportunity he couldn't pass up we moved south to make a go of it. Because of the hours of time spent with the business my parents had to stop bowling. So at 8 years of age I was done to. Tried little league ( sucked) did nothing until a friend of my father took me to a local dirt track. That was all I needed, I was hooked! I worked hard for my father because if I did he promised to get me a go-cart and use 4 acres of red clay field as a practice track. I ran my 1st actual race a week before my 9th birthday. I am 55 and still racing. I actually got good enough to at least partially support my family and myself with racing jobs and still do racing related work. Golf is my anti-racing. Golf is quiet, racing is loud, racing is chaotic, golf is orderly, racing can be violent, golf is peace itself. THE ONE PLACE THEY ARE THE SAME IS THE UNDYING PASSION TO ALWAYS IMPROVE!!

I enjoy the competition with my buddy, James, we play match play and double or nothing on 18th.
I enjoy trying to play a low round and shoot under par
I enjoy working on the short game and seeing the results of the scorecard.
I enjoy getting playing with friends or my son and daughter
I enjoy the relaxation and the exercise
I enjoy hitting the shot or putt under pressure

golf helps me concentrate and focus.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!