IGNORED

Question for those of you with the Pelz Putting Tutor

Note: This thread is 5195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently picked one up and have been messing around with it with my little practice 3' x 9' putting green in my house and I knock the ball off the left side of the putting tutor when I miss. But, when I putt without it I tend to push putts when I miss. So, I guess my question is how is that possible? Shouldn't I be knocking the ball on the right side (push side) of the putting tutor?

I hardly ever pull putts so I'm a bit confused here.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

When you set up on a real gren you might not be aligned properly hence missing on the right and when you are alligned properly you might actually miss left. see if you can figure a way out to make sure you are aligned properly and then stroke the putt and see what happens.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

• Administrator
When you set up on a real gren you might not be aligned properly hence missing on the right and when you are alligned properly you might actually miss left. see if you can figure a way out to make sure you are aligned properly and then stroke the putt and see what happens.

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing: you likely line up differently when there's not a big white line there right at your ball. Whether you line up left in real life or further right with the Putting Tutor I don't know, but something's hinky.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing: you likely line up differently when there's not a big white line there right at your ball. Whether you line up left in real life or further right with the Putting Tutor I don't know, but something's hinky.

Well - To complicate things further I tried a few more things last night. I took a string measuring from the middle of the cup and drew a straight line on my putting "green" in my house to make sure I'm lined up corretly. Took a few strokes, which was my typical norm made 90% of them but misses were either going in on the right side of the cup or pushed right. Next step, I laid down the putting tutor making sure both lines were the same and stroke a few putts - I immediately start knocking the left ball off the tutor again. Next step - I take the ball off the left side of the putting tutor and stroke a few more putts - and my misses are pushes again.

Hell I even set up a tripod behind me to see if I could see anything on video but my digicam doesn't have frames per second capacity to see what my putter face looks like at impact or to see how the ball knocks the putting tutor ball bearing off the left side. I guess I just suck at putting... Good thing it's freezing outside and I have all winter to figure this crap out.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I got mine today and spent an hour at a indoor putting facility. Great training aid. 99% of my misses were a slight push. I made 10 in a row from 9 feet on the pro setting once I got the thing aligned. From 15 feet I only made 1 out of 5 and was glancing the right marble most of the time. Awesome. Now I know I'm not getting my face square at impact and it is a bit open.

I noticed the Tutor moves a bit even when you don't hit the marbles so placing a small something in line once you have a perfect setup ensures you are on line every time. I need to find something small that can I can set in front of the Tutor to re align.

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Note: This thread is 5195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!