IGNORED

Reason for multiple putters?

woodzie264
Note: This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I go between my two putters based on the speed of the greens. I'll use the heavier Red X2 on slower greens (or if it's cold or raining) and the lighter Coronado Mid Slant on faster greens. Occasionally I'll make a switch just for something different...the Coronado has been more comfortable for me though so that's typically my gamer.

Day in day out I have used my Wilson Geo Lowe original 600 for 30 years.

I have a couple of Pings-some iterations of the Anser and Pal, and a Bridgestone mallet. I like the Pings and will sometimes get them out and use them. The both have lines and are helpful if I am having alignment problems or playing on unfamiliar greens. One course I play sometimes has very slow greens and I have tried the mallet as a remedy with some success.

The old Wilson is not an expensive putter. It is basically a facsimile of the putter Nicklaus used for years. It was made around 1980 and has George Lowe's sig stamped on it. Their advertising at the time said " designed under the personal supervision of George Lowe.." but they probably just paid him a few bucks for the use of his name. It does have great feel though, and when I am putting well (for me) it is all I want.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Because I have a problem !!!!
Actually, I have always had a thing for putters. It's funny because I'm pretty steady about the rest of my equipment. I might play with shafts a little in my hybrids this year.
I also like having extras around so when one misbehaves, it can go to the corner for a few months, and I always have another with at least some fond memories and some familiarity to replace it.

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

I have multiple putters (8) mainly due to the fact that being a new golfer I wanted to experiment with different putter types. So I bought over a dozen used putters from ebay just to try them all out. Since my stroke was SBST I settled on an older face-balanced, mallet-style putter that's not too heavy (listed in my sig). But I also try a more toe-balanced putter once in a while, since I'm curious to try out the Utley-style stroke in the future, after having read his book on the Art of Putting.

Sometime this year I'll pick up a used Cameron, hopefully one a proper length, and experiment further with the Utley approach.

2011 Goals:
* Improve club-head speed to 90 mph with the driver
* Ensure increased speed does not compromise accuracy
* Prevent overextending on the back-swing (left-arm is bending too much at the top)
* Relax arms initially at address ( too tense)* Play more full rounds (failed from 2010)

Note: This thread is 5228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!