IGNORED

Easy to hit irons

kilbyman
Note: This thread is 3041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hate to break it to you, but the Callaway's are almost identical in performance to the Taylormade's. The really only SGI irons that I know of are the Ping Raptures or some of the Adams Idea line. Sorry I couldn't provide more insight.

Ping are the best as far as game improvement go , after adams. try the g15 , g 10 or raptures. once u get over th looks , they are very very very pleasing. Kj choi games them as well, so for thoese who thought SGI clubs dont offer wokability, IN YOUR FACES> =D

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

You might want to give the new Callaway Diablo Edge line a look. Here is a great review on them
at "the hackers paradise" dot com under equipment. (sorry, 1st post and the system doesn't like the link)

I see a lot of the sub 10 HDCP folks recommending you continue on with advanced sticks, and I just don't get that. Seems a better option would be to retire (for now) your current set get some SGI/GI clubs and perhaps some refresher lessons so that you can enjoy the game more. You'll play more if you're less frustrated, and you'll likely refine your swing/tempo too. As you progress with your ball striking ability and start working the ball more, you'll already have some capable sticks in your inventory...

Bag Diablo Stand Bag
Driver 10* Draw Diablo
Woods Diablo Edge 3-7
Irons Diablo Edge 5-PW
Wedges X-ForgedPutter Anser 4

I just played with my "Mint" Raptures that I just bought from Ebay/GPPGolf, and I will go out on a limb and say that even though they SAY that they were "Mint', my guess is they were actually BRAND NEW (but probably can't call them that because they cost <450 SHIPPED)..there wasn't the slightest scuff/blemish/speck on these things, and they actually had a tag (From Ping) with all the inspectors (about 15 inspections) and the serial #'s etc.
I'm guessing Ping sold them a bunch of new sets(considering they aren't the new model), and the agreement was they were to be sold as "Mint" to protect retailers(Mint implies used of course).
I'm BETTING these were brand new.

BTW, they were stupid easy to hit today, too bad I couldn't chip or putt to save my life.

• 5 years later...

You have as good of a club for a high handicapper as there is. Other than having the correct grip for your hands (may need a mid or jumbo or arthritic if you are older) and the right shaft which should not affect you ability to hit the ball straight; you may just have to go get a couple of lessons?

Cya

For a real bargain, look for an early 1980s set of Wilson 1200GE irons on ebay.

I was actually able to  hit my 1-iron with that set.  The Pings stole their thunder back then, but the 1200GE was a real, confidence-inspiring set for a newer player.

Ping G430 Max....3, 5, 7, 9-woods (Alta CB Black 65);  Callaway Apex UT...driving iron (Aerotech i95);
Titleist T-100...5-9 (Aerotech i95);  Edel C Grind...48, 54° (Aerotech i95};
Edel P Grind...60° (Aerotech i95);  Ping DS-72...putter; Titleist Pro V1x...ball

Note: This thread is 3041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!