IGNORED

2010 WGC Match Play Bracket

Rusty Shackleford
Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
wrong......

Uh, he had a "d" in there. "Paw dregg". It's not a hard d but it's there.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct Erik. It's soft but it's there and reveals a relationship with the more common "Paddy", which is of course different (from Patrick).

dat's da t'ing with the Irish accent, something to do with the soft rain that falls so much of the time ........

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Nice to know literally anything can be debated here.

Padraig is the anglicised version of 'Pauric', which was the original Irish name.As such, 90% of people with the name 'Padraig' pronounce it 'Paw-rig'.

I have a feeling Padraig pronounced it that way before he started playing in the states and never bothered correcting people in interviews.Or something like that..

Edit : I just read a quote from after he won the Open saying that his mother always called him 'Pad-rig' so he kept using it.

He would have to be awkward.. I'll have to change my sig now

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

congrats poults, dominated all day and fully deserved!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Phew! Just got my breath back from the Accenture final round. It got really exciting when Casey started coming back and they both dodged a few bullets. Poults played really well all week and his play today was as close to nerveless as you're likely to see - which is, not totally nerve-free...
Feel sorry for Casey though - he played great pretty much all week (except for yesterday during the rain) and was definitely the pick of the field for the first four rounds - all those 5&4s were exceptional.
Both of them looked like champions, imho. Hope they go on to win more this year - and it would be great to see Casey get his revenge by winning a Major!

Phew! Just got my breath back from the Accenture final round. It got really exciting when Casey started coming back and they both dodged a few bullets. Poults played really well all week and his play today was as close to nerveless as you're likely to see - which is, not totally nerve-free...

Yeah, but Poulter's monkey on the back was not winning in America, Casey has. In so many ways, this was just as good for Casey as it was for Poulter. Casey can now back up his #3 world ranking and say it wasn't just a fluke, Poulter can now back up his resume with a U.S. PGA Tour win.

• Administrator
Yeah, but Poulter's monkey on the back was not winning in America, Casey has. In so many ways, this was just as good for Casey as it was for Poulter. Casey can now back up his #3 world ranking and say it wasn't just a fluke, Poulter can now back up his resume with a U.S. PGA Tour win.

Poulter still hasn't won a stroke-play event in the U.S.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best part was when they played the music for,

"Rule Brittania ................ Britannia, rule the ....... track"

"Britons ..... never never neeeever ...... shall ......"

4-hybrid:

He has yet to win an event while wearing purple, as well, but I expect all these things will come to pass!

Really enjoyed the final, great to see to English guys in the final and despite it not being a stroke play event Poulter has still got that win in America, in one of the bigger events as well!.

On another note, the official top 10 world rankings looks pretty good for England and Europe with 3 English in the top ten, two Irish and a German.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

I would almost declare this to be harder to win. One bad round and you're out. In a stroke play event, you can come back and shoot a low score, there's not nearly as much pressure. In this event, it's lights out to those who lose. Just look at the guys who've won this thing.

Got to hand it to Poulter,he looked solid the whole way through the tournament.Played very well and kept applying the pressure.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Do you English guys actually like Ian Poulter?

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

LOL.

Not for me to say, as I'm not a True Brit - only one by upbringing/education. I'm really a Yank so I shouldn't respond, and I'm curious as to what the TB's say ...

Personally I do like the guy from the rag trade in Stevenage more and more. At least we have a good explanation for his sartorial inclinations. He's expressive and he's got an amazing iron/short game. What's not to like ........ ?

[If only British eccentricity could be included in their GDP somehow ....]

4-hybrid:

He's got amazing game. I expect him to a major this year.

He's got a great website.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

the guy is awesome, and now has the game to back up his confidence, fancy him for a major big time this year, one of my favourite golfers

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5176 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!