IGNORED

uPro Software Update

Note: This thread is 4896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone heard when uPro might issue a new software update? Last I read they were working on being able to record your shots, strokes and voice activation. I think they're on V3.0 right now. I thought the new release would have been out by now.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

• 3 weeks later...
I just talk to Tech support. Not a lot of good that did. They said "They will be sending out an e-mail to all Upro owners letting them know of the update" they are still in testing mode.

Thanks Jamie. Not a whole lot of news there. Seems like they've been in testing mode for a while now. You certainly want it to work right but you run a risk of falling behind your competitors. Hopefully this season.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

That would be very cool. I got to use mine for the first time last week while i was on vacation in FL. It froze on me a couple of times and then I wasn't able to get it back up and running. All and all I was happy with it's performance. Those additional features will certainly add to it though.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I don't know if they have the best software people working on it. When I bought my uPro it did not work with my computer right away. I called up tech support and they told me often times the drivers in the units are messed up. He walked me through downloading the drivers again and it works now, but when I plug it into my computer, I have to go into My COmputer, then click on the drive, then go to the folder that has the "sync" icon and then click on that. For some reason the .exe file that is supposed to launch the site does not work. Oh well. Still love the uPro.

----------------- IN MY BAG -----------------

Irons: Diable Edge
Gap Wedge: Jaws 52 Degree
Hybrids: 3 & 4 HybridDriver: Diable Edge 9 DegreePutter: White Hot #9 PutterBall: Big Bertha Diablo GPS: uPro

I've had no problems with my unit, but the fact that it is taking so long tells me one of two things:

1 - There is a bug that they are having a devil of a time fixing
2 - They are lazy

Don't know which I'd rather have....

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

I would rather them get it right then to rush it out and have more issues with it.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I've had no problems with my unit, but the fact that it is taking so long tells me one of two things:

If this is a new version and simply not a bug-fix release, then it is likely caused by too aggressive timelines initially set. If its a bug-fix release, then #1 is probably the case.

• 2 months later...
Anyone heard when uPro might issue a new software update? Last I read they were working on being able to record your shots, strokes and voice activation. I think they're on V3.0 right now. I thought the new release would have been out by now.

For what it's worth, uPro now says the update will be available in summer 2010.

Will the uPro™ keep score, track my shots, and provide statistics? The uPro™ will have the ability to keep score and track shots. It will be available as an additional software download in Summer 2010 for a small additional fee. http://www.uprogps.com/faq/product/ We shall see.

• 2 months later...
I just went to uPro website to download a new course and it seems the day we've been waiting for has arrived without much fanfare. They now have available version 4.0, and you can enable a new feature they're calling "Scoring Plus" for an additional $20. There are a few screen shots and a small description of the feature on their website.

I just googled a bit and haven't found any mention of it anywhere. Very surprising, you'd think Callaway would be bragging loud and clear on this, as the first GPS device to have shot tracking/recording capabilities, it would be a major selling point, I'd think. I for one have been waiting > 1 year for it.

I was going to wait until I heard from others regarding the feature, but since there is no sign of anyone even knowing about it, I think I'll go ahead and buy it and post here some thoughts after my round tomorrow.

Stay tuned. Meanwhile, anyone else using Scoring Plus yet?
In the bag:
Driver: FT9, 9.5
3-Wood: X-Tour
Hybrid: FT
Irons: X-forgedWedges: X-forged, 52, 56/14, 60/8

search the forums...there is another thread about the update today.....Im lovin it.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ok, first update. I was able to easily enable the scoring plus feature, you can either pay $20 or buy with course credits. I purchased another course and re-sync'ed, and now can see the new shot tracking features on the device.

The new 4.0 version has a different top-level look and feel, will take some getting used to after working with the old one for a while, but looks nice.

The new top-level display allows you to preview a course, and while previewing you can play around with the shot tracking features. I did that for a few holes, looks pretty simple, so will give it a try at the course tomorrow.

One thing I noticed right away is that it seems all the tracking is local to the upro, i.e. it doesn't come with a PC software package to complement it, or integrate with any 3rd party software like intelligolf, as far as I can tell.

But you can see the stats as you're playing, which is pretty cool...
In the bag:

Great!!! Thanks for the update. I'll check it out.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag

An added feature to the 4.0 version is the ability to "measure your shot" while in Pro Mode, without having to return to Basic Mode. Once you have activated the measure feature you can view your distance in both modes. When you reach your ball and end the measurement, the upro asks if you would like to measure your next shot.

I have enabled the stat feature as well, but have not explored all the functions as of yet, although I understand it has the ability to make club selection suggestions based on information entered during play.

I agree with you bobped, some pretty cool stuff.

Haven't had a chance to surf around any more today regarding other posts on 4.0, but just wanted to send an update after my round today.

I was able to use the shot tracking features, pretty much acts as I had hoped, where you used to just hit mark and then mark again when you got to your shot (to see how far you hit it, and mark start of next shot), now when you first hit mark, it asks you to select a club. Then when you get to your shot, you hit the button again and there are some choices there, i.e. you can tell it you're about to hit another shot or have reached the green or are Done. So you can enter another club, ad nauseum. Once you hit the green, you can't enter any more shots for that hole.

I couldn't figure out how to get it to keep my score and stats, though. Didn't really try too hard, probably just missed something easy. There is a configuration screen where you tell it what aspects of shot tracking you want to enable, and I enabled them all...

At the end of the round, I was able to view the stats, could see exactly how many shots I hit with each club and min/max/avg distance.

Callaway has not yet updated their manuals and guides to reflect this new feature, so I emailed prod support to find out when they plan to do so. Prior to yesterday, it had been a few weeks since I had been to their website, so perhaps I just happened to catch it on the day they first offered shot tracking. Not used to being on the bleeding edge of such things...

Interested in hearing how others are finding the new shot tracking features...
In the bag:

Just saw the update. I am DLing it now and will be testing it out during my round today. I will certainly post my experience later on today. Pretty excited the new features look pretty cool.

I played a round with it also. The track shot distance works as described earlier. On the course I was confused as to how to pull up the score card. It would present itself at times but I couldn't figure out how to get it up. When playing with it at home I discovered hitting the menu button (lower left) pulled up the score screen which is easy to use.

I question keeping score on the devise, is it faster? Doubtful. You can't email it so it can be printed later. I think hand written might be better. I do like the summary of greens, fairways and putts thought.

The club distance feature is very interesting. But, do you track a miss hit? It will skew the average, it does not tell you every shot just the long, short and average.

Overall 4.0 is a better interface, easier to navigate and has the features already described.

For the $20, the scoring feature is worth it to me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I downloaded the update Friday evening and used it for the first time on Saturday. Overall I think the scoring and stats are a great adder (being that I've been inpatiently waiting for over 2 yrs). However, and I've emailed them this same question, I don't see where the stats take into account all of your rounds. I.E. I played (2) rounds this weekend and the only way I can access the stats (GIR, FIR, Putts, etc) is by selecting the round and then viewing the stats for only that specific round. Wouldn't you think they would give you the option to view GIR/FIR/Avg. Putts, etc. on an average for ALL ROUNDS? Why not allow me to upload the scores to your website and then allow me to pivot reports based on those stats?

Also, has anyone figured out how to delete a scored round? I created a scoring round while I was playing with it and cannot figure out how to delete that instance.

Didn't use the shot distance feature, but will on my next round.

Note: This thread is 4896 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!