IGNORED

Can only bring a couple clubs to Maui...W2Bring?

Kraemer
Note: This thread is 5172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 iron and a 56* maybe.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

putter/driver combo?

exactly!!!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Id take my 3 hybrid, 7 iron, pw, and putter. I bet if you dont take your driver you could take an additional club such as a 5 iron.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Don't take any if you can only take 4. Just rent some clubs wherever you might play. Just take the other stuff. Balls, shoes, towels, tees, etc., so you don't have to buy them.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Rent while there and possibly buy yourself a new putter there. That would be a nice memento.
You can ship stuff you know, your clubs do not need to be on your plane, FedEx knows the address of your hotel. We who have done trade shows for a living get very comfortable shipping things in parallel with our itinerary.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

He can rent irons there. The 2 most personal clubs in My bag are My driver and putter.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I wouldn't take the clubs unless I was playing more than three rounds--just rent some

But to answer your question, I'd take a six iron and something around 50-52 degrees.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Driver, 7 iron, pw, putter from an old set.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Thanks folks. I appreciate the input!

I'm sleeping in a tent at the beach so...-- no address to ship to. Renting clubs isn't an option due to added cost and
mainly -- they're rental clubs (and mine are new and fit me well). I am taking shoes, but no balls because of weight issues.

Essentially-- I have a shoestring budget. I found a $308 R/T ticket on Hawaiin air, plus rental car = about $500 bucks.
I'm in the class of the "working poor", and can't afford pay extra -anything- in terms of baggage. I wish I could take my
surfboard, but to bring wil cost $160 extra.

Hope to play waiehu or pukalani (the two most affordable courses on the island) Anyone with experience there?

Take the clubs you have the most confidence in, and are spaced. For me it would be 7w, 7i, SW, P. But I'm sure it's different for you. Also, you might want to think about bringing some sort of golf bag, as some courses require it. I've seen some pretty cheap plastic ones that are really light and collapsible.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Id take my 3 hybrid, 7 iron, pw, and putter. I bet if you dont take your driver you could take an additional club such as a 5 iron.

Old rule of thumb (3-club airline carry-on policy from years back) was Driver, Putter, and Pitching Wedge. Rent everything else. And,

never hit a strange driver during a road game!!!

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!