IGNORED

Being John Daly sucks.

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wouldn't consider myself a John Daly fan, but I would like to see him get his life in order and get back to playing good golf. That being said, I will not watch another episode of this series. They lost me in the first 30 seconds where Daly looks into the camera and his voiceover says, "It's hard being John Daly." Then he went on to mention how he had to sell BOTH his hummer and his Maybach. Yes, clearly very tough. I'll root for him to get his life in order, but don't ask me to feel sorry for all your problems when they are self-made.

Three lousy shots and one brilliant shot can still make par...

Yes, I saw it and I must say he looks terrible!. I would guess that it is only a matter of time befre he spins ou of cntrol. I hope I am proven wrong. He has soo much natural ability and it's wasted.

I don't even plan to watch it. Ever. Any of it.

As a journalist and forum captain you should probably watch it, as work related.

I watched it again and changed my mind a bit...JD is going through lapband and eye surgery trying to get things on the right track....I thought he was pretty humble in the first show, besides dropping autograph signings at the "peoples" feet....he needs to work on that...maybe sign a few and then politely decline the others and just say " I got to practice for the round"..or something like that. Why do I like him??.... Because he is the longshot that was not bred into golf. He dug it out of the dirt. As a 9th alternate in the PGA he hit the shot in that tourney, which most alternates dream of. So I guess sort of the Paul Bunyan of golf? I do wish him well, hope he wins, and has a more positive influence on the game. Yes...I'm a "The Glass is Half Full" guy.....

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

• Administrator
As a journalist and forum captain you should probably watch it, as work related.

How does watching John Daly help me develop better websites and/or software?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't worry about that. Just know it does...somehow....

In my KZG Stand Bag:
919THI 11* w/ OBAN Revenge 6 (S)
919THI 16.5* w/ OBAN Revenge 7 (S)
KZG 18* & 22* U Iron w/ Matrix Studio 84 (S)
KZG 5-PW Cavity Back Forged III w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)KZG Forged TRS 50*, 54*, 58* w/ N.S. Pro 1050 GH (S)Kirk Currie/Wright San Saba 33" e7 or TriSpeed uProMy...

"All my "X's" will wear Timexes" ... Loved that line!!!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

It was better than watching a bunch of wanna-be's try and hit flop shots over a piece of plywood....big break sucks. The tournaments, highlights, instructional shows, and golf central are worth watching. The rest of the programming sucks.

I will probably watch the show as long as they limit him strumming those cheese soaked 3 chord "its hard being me" excuses for music he does. Seeing that group of ya'hoo inbreds he hangs out with, its no wonder he is so screwed up. I think Crash Davis put it best when refering to Nuke Lalush in Bull Durham when he said "he's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head", Daly has a million dollar game and a crushed beer can head.

c'mon...you want to watch it and you know it. You probably watched in 3 times already....didn't you...

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

You either love John Daly or hate him, as this thread clearly states. I love him, and itss way more interesting than watching Hank Haney swing a 2 foot plastic pipe with a line down the side claiming its going to revolutionize your swing mechanics.

John Daly is rotten for being an alcoholic? How about Tiger for blowing up his families piece of mind, shaming his kids and wife....?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 5 months later...
I was excited about the show before it started - I didn't know too much about JD, just the highlights, but I thought he seemed like a cool guy, sort of like a blue collar, working-man's golfer. However, after seeing the show my opinion is 100% changed. He is a whiny loser who surrounds himself with "yes" people and groupies. He is completely delusional about the fact that he is trying to get his life together - getting lapband surgery and switching to light beer, what an inspiration to us all! If he doesn't get his way, he whines and quits like some sort of hollywood Diva.

JD is an unbelievable jackass. Thanks to "Being John Daly" for making that so clear.

I was ok with the show, I did see once episode where he donated a part of his winings to a girl that just lost her dad somewhere in Europe and now she is going to college with the investment of his donation which was about $40,000 and invested well, now pay for her college. It was a touching story.

John Daly has so much talent it sad that he has not continued to use his talent in a positive way. I think he needs a mentor to help guide him through life.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5005 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!