IGNORED

Anyone tried The Golf Mat from Vijay Singh?

Note: This thread is 4524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've decided to buy a better mat to use for practice. They are costly, about 200+ usually, but the range mats here are so terrible, I can't stand it anymore. I'm sure I'll be injured at some point.

After searching and reading various reviews, The Golf Mat is the one people like the best. TrueStrike was an option, but I read a thread on GolfWRX about durability that made me doubt it.

So, anyone here used or use The Golf Mat or TreStrike MK7?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Havent tried the ones mentioned but I have a cheap one and it works great for me.

http://www.birdieball.com/scripts/pr...p?idproduct=45

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

The Golf Mat, IMHO, is the way to go. My range has three of them and I don't hit off anything else. If they are in use, I'll just wait. They are much better than hitting off any other mat. (Of course, nothing beats real grass)

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Of course, nothing compares to grass, but when that is not an option, one has to look for the best alternatives.

After further reasearch, The Golf Mat still seems like the preferable one.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 1 month later...
The V. J. Sing Golf Mat is a good product but the company that makes and markets it, National Golf Products, will not honor their warranty. Golfdom where I purchased it tried to contact them, I have called, emailed and written to them. Their web site is still selling and advertising a 5 year warranty but they will only respond to sell the product. Within a two year period, with the mat being stored inside and not exposed to the elements, the plastic spring mechanism has distorted and one side of the mat is higher than the other making it impossible to keep the ball on the tee. I am stuck with a $230 piece of junk.

• 1 year later...

Are you guys purchasing the mat to practice at home?  I have never thought about buying a mat because I just don't have the room at home to hit the balll more than 5-10 yards and wasn't sure if it was worth it.

I got a mat to use at home and on the range (don't have any grass ranges). I tried ordering The Golf Mat, but they ripped me off. No mat, no money back. My credit card company paid me back though. I ended up getting a Real Feel Country Club Elite mat (or hitting strip), and it's hands down the best mat I've ever had the fortune of hitting off. Search it up. I found nothing but positive reviews.
  • Upvote 1

How does the hitting strip work for you? I thought of ordering one but I am worried that it will be moving constantly as I hit the ball.

Originally Posted by Zeph

I got a mat to use at home and on the range (don't have any grass ranges).

I tried ordering The Golf Mat, but they ripped me off. No mat, no money back. My credit card company paid me back though.

I ended up getting a Real Feel Country Club Elite mat (or hitting strip), and it's hands down the best mat I've ever had the fortune of hitting off. Search it up. I found nothing but positive reviews.

I'll find out what they used on our indoor virtual range. Its like the fluffy half of velcro, but obviously firmer. You can hit down and through the ball on that mat and there is no jarring what so ever, but it provides just the right amount of resistance to replicate turf. Its the best artificial surface I have ever hit off.

Note: This thread is 4524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!