IGNORED

Should have won more majors

uttexas
Note: This thread is 5148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I agree with DL3, but Im going to say Freddy Couples, Jose Maria Olazabal, Monty, and maybe Lee Westwood even thou hes younger, times running out on him

In my bag, I carry
Karsten 7* IST 3wood 1200LT 5wood
MP-14 3i-PW
MP-Tseries 56-10 RawHaze
Golfsmith Attack 60-10 DeepRed Fluid Feel putter w/fatshaft proV1's when I can afford 'emCourses I love to play: http://pebblecreekgolf.org/ http://www.byronhills.com/ http://www.golfmohr.com/http://ww.....

I'm really surprised Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw don't have more than they do.

Vijay not having a U.S. Open surprises me. I figured that, with his strength, the heavy rough would bother him less than it bothers others.

Plenty of people have said Tom Watson and Arnold Palmer, and I agree.

But you know what group of people just hasn't won majors in the past 40 years? Left handed people. I don't know what fraction of the top players are left handed, but it seems to me that they'd have more than just Bob Charles on the list of left-handed players who have won majors. Or has a left-hander won playing right-handed, the way two right-handers have won playing left-handed?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

But you know what group of people just hasn't won majors in the past 40 years? Left handed people. I don't know what fraction of the top players are left handed, but it seems to me that they'd have more than just Bob Charles on the list of left-handed players who have won majors.

Um, Mickelson won 3 majors left handed, Wier won 1. Left handed golf clubs hardly existed 40 years ago, and even now, there is a much smaller selection available to the left handed player.

Um, Mickelson won 3 majors left handed, Wier won 1. Left handed golf clubs hardly existed 40 years ago, and even now, there is a much smaller selection available to the left handed player.

I think Shindig was referring to left-handers that played right handed. Mickelson, as you know, is a right-hander who plays from the left side. Didn't know that about Weir.

Anyway, to get back to Shindig's question, I could be wrong but I seem to recall that Johnny Miller and Curtis Strange are lefties who played right handed. There may have been others. He hasn't won yet, but Sergio is also left handed, I think.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

I think Shindig was referring to left-handers that played right handed. Mickelson, as you know, is a right-hander who plays from the left side. Didn't know that about Weir.

Anyway, to get back to Shindig's question, I could be wrong but I seem to recall that Johnny Miller and Curtis Strange are lefties who played right handed. There may have been others. He hasn't won yet, but Sergio is also left handed, I think.

Driver 905S, V2 stiff shaft
3-Wood 906F2 13 degree, V2 stiff
Hybrid 585H 21 degree, Aldila VS Proto
Irons (4-PW) MP-57, Rifle 5.5
SW & LW spin milledPutter TracyBall Pro V-1

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry for any confusion.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!