IGNORED

Your (Golf) Bucket List

Jax
Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rutgers golf course is pretty nice as well, and public. For anyone in the central nj area looking For a decent round. Bunker bill is very meh, I've played it 5-10 times.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out Primland in Virginia

Titleist 915 9.5 w/GD AD-DI shaft Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 14 degree FW wood Ping Anser hybrid 19 degree Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4-pw or Callaway Apex Titleist Vokey SM5 50, 54, 58, (62) Edel E3 Putter ES14 launch monitor ARCCOS

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've played the Cascades and Kingsmill.  I personally preferred Cascades over Kingsmill's River Course.  The Primland recommendation is really good as well.  I haven't played there, but I've heard great things.

• 3 weeks later...
I like the idea of a bucket list mine would have to be -Kiawah Island -Olympic Club -Pebble Beach -St. Andrews -Congressional(if they let me in) The only course I may actually play on here anytime soon would be Kiawah Island's Ocean course

If your coming back to FL there are a couple courses that have hit the top 100 lists I believe a few times. Its World Woods Golf club. 2 courses that both have made the list... I think you can play both for $70 depending on the time of year. they are about an hour to an hour and a half north of Tampa... I'm hoping to get out to them at some point in the next month.

I myself have had the pleasure of playing 4 rounds of golf in Ireland and I don't believe there is such a thing as a bad Links course.

I am heading to Hilton head for a delayed honeymoon in September and will be playing Harbor town and staying at the resort... I hope the play the other 2 courses while i'm there... I can't wait!

I also have an in law that works for the pga over in st Augustine, I have been promised a round on sawgrass, one day, I will make that happen.

AL--Ross Bridge or The Judge (both RTJ Trail courses)

CA--Torrey Pines

GA--Sea Island (I think that's the name)

FL--Just about any of the Disney courses

MA--Granite Links (just south of Boston)

MS--Dancing Rabbit

OR--Bandon or Pacific Dunes

• 1 month later...

Well, I recently moved out West and on the drive out I added another state/course to the list.  Wild Horse Golf Club in Nebraska.  It is currently the #1 course in NE, and #73 in the US (public access anyway).  I thought it was a nice course, and a little different than anything I've played in the past.  I'm certainly glad I stopped along the way, and if anyone is driving down I-80 in NE for any reason, it's worth the stop in Gothenburg (also take 10 minutes to or from the course to check out the Pony Express Station, it was kind of cool to see some history as well).

I would have shared a couple of the pictures I took, however my BB reset on me (it was my fault, I typed the password in wrong 3 times for some reason) and I lost them all.

I've only been playing a few months, so I'm not too educated on courses around the country. As far as my home state is concerned it would have to be Wolf Creek in Mesquite,NV and Shadow Creek here in town. Legends Golf Course in South Africa would be Awesome, I'd love to try the worlds longest par 3.

• 1 month later...

If you are looking for a course in Virginia, you absolutely cant go wrong with Primland. It was recently ranked in the top 20 public courses in the nation and in my opinion it puts The Homestead to shame. I've played at Primland multiple times and it has to be the best course I've ever stepped foot on.

• 1 month later...

Well, I knocked off Nevada a few weeks ago.  I played Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV.  What a beautiful, but tough course.  It didn't help that I was horrible off the tee that day.  I definitely plan on playing it again to redeem myself (luckily it's only a 4-5 hour drive from my where I relocated to).  Mesquite seems like it would be a nice place to go on a weekend golf trip, without getting caught up in the craziness in Vegas (which is of course just about an hour away if you decided that's what you wanted to do).

Now that I'm living in Salt Lake City, I've also played several courses here in UT now.  I haven't had the chance to play the few that I'd really like to check out.  There is definitely an abundance of courses to choose from in the SLC area... and they are all priced very reasonably.

Now that I'm out West.... any suggestions on some must play courses out this way?

I haven't been golfing for too long but I know in Oregon there are some beautiful courses.  I went to this beautiful place that buds up against some woods outside of Portland.

Its lovely! Pumpkin Ridge should definitely be added to theses bucket lists.

http://www.pumpkinridge.com/

Originally Posted by tefunk

Well, I knocked off Nevada a few weeks ago.  I played Wolf Creek in Mesquite, NV.  What a beautiful, but tough course.

I played Wolf Creek 3x & it doesn't get any easier ... it's a beautiful course in the middle of a desert - seems oddly out of place, but thats what makes it so good.     My only bucket list golf adventure would be to play in Scotland or Ireland one day ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 10 months later...

You just found out you have 12 months left on this earth - and you dont have time for tears.

You have and endless supply of dollar bills (which your wife/girlfriend quickly changes into $20's because she know what happens to dollar bills) and can play with ANYONE and ANYWHERE

Who are you playing with? (Can be ANYONE - celebrity, profesional golfer...ANYONE)

and

What course are you playing?

Lastly

Whats the bet?

My 12 months -

I want to play Augusta National and the St Andrews!

I want to play with

Tiger Woods - ill get some tips

His ex - ill get drama

George Lopez - Ill get jokes about Tiger his X and everything else

The Bet

If Tiger wins - he has to let me caddy for him in 3 events of my choice

If Tiger wins - George has to take me on tour

It Tiger wins - I will shoot the ex.s photo spread

If I win - well i couldn't even dream of winning - so it doesn't even matter

Note: This thread is 3583 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!