IGNORED

Help buying first GPS....

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

An advice I can give you is to make sure the courses you play are already mapped with the provider you`re going to choose. Some courses are not mapped and from what I`ve read it can take a while before they do it.

I bought the UPRO GO 3 weeks ago (cheaper than the UPRO) and I`m loving it. The difference is you dont get the 'fly-over' view you can get with the UPRO. On the other hand, you pay 50$ (1 time fee) and you get the `GO MODE` enabled (gives a layout view of the green and bunkers around it). I play too many different courses and didnt want to pay fees for each course I play.

i have the i golf neo. $129. includes two year unlimited download of courses which you save on your computer. It smaller than a cell and fits in your pocket. It's accurate and gives you the ability to set some way points.

• 2 weeks later...
Well as many of you know I was in the market for a GPS unit. I bought a Callaway Upro, and I must say it is an incredible little device! It was within 2-3 yards of the cart GPS that I rode in today, and the fly overs were cool to watch. I only used it at my home course so I knew every hole. I had absolutly no issue with battery life throughout the round and I was tinkering with it the majority of the time. Thanks again everyone that gave me their input, and suggestions!
Driver: DIABLO EDGE
Hybrid: 5DX
Irons: X-22 Irons 4-PW
Wedge: X-22 51* AW, CG15 54*/58*
Putter: Method 001Ball: Penta TP

• 2 months later...
I just bought a upro and have a few questions for the upro experts out there.

When I look at a score card for example Lindenwood Blue in Pa, hole nine on the card indicates par 5 different distance than the upro which indicates par 4. When I'm actually at the course am i correct to assume that my distances for that hole will be skewed, or does it calculate to the green? If to the green, I would assume when a golf course is changed it is the tee boxes and not the greens that are moved so i think i wouold be fine?

Either way, Im playing there this week and when i confirm i will send upro an e-mail to update the course.

I just bought my first one 2 weeks ago, a Skycaddie 2.5. There was a listing in town for $150 (canadian ) so I went to see the guy. He won it in a work golf tournament and doesn't golf, it hadn't even been opened.

So far I love it. My partner has a golf buddy and it is inaccurate anywhere from 7-15 yards on our home course. So far my sky caddie has been dead on with everything.

I am a little biased, but I would definitely buy another SkyCaddie.

In my bag:

Nike SQ DYMO 10.5
Big Bertha 3 Wood
Big Bertha 3-10 IADAMS Tom Watson Classic 54,58 and 64 Wedges Nike Oz 5 Putter/Wilson Staff ( not sure model, bought it in second hand store ) Ball: Bridgestone E6

If you are looking for inexpensive and basic, try the Izzo Swami. No fancy pictures, just the number of yards from where you are standing to the pin with front, center or back of green options. I use it and it works great. Holds ten courses that you can update as needed. $99.95 plus $9.95 annual fee. This was also my first GPS. I didn't want to commit funds to something I may not use or like.

My Onpar is a touch screen gps with no fees what so ever. Also it takes less than a week for a requested course to be mapped. I got mine for $270 and it was well worth it. It can track every shot you do and then give detail stats and tell you your real averages with each club. Since it is touch screen you can choose lay up spots easily, which is probably my fav aspect of it.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I like my Skycaddie 3.5. Plus I think they just dropped the price since the new model came out.

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

Just wanted to throw in my 2cents.

Bought a laser range finder about a month ago. Maybe something to look at also?

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

Note: This thread is 5063 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!