IGNORED

Fake scores

Konrad
Note: This thread is 6458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was on the range this morning, hitting some 3 woods. Now, our driving range is right along our ninth hole. (I should mention that I play at a nine hole course). So anyways, during my backswing, one of my junior counterparts says really loud "Hey, Conrad! Guess how many under I am?"

Needless to say, I was not impressed. So, I intended to try and act nice. I guessed one under, as this kid is a pretty good golfer, and we have a tough track. Well, he said he was two under and he had to save par from the fringe to shoot 34. So, I hardly cared, and I went back to hitting 3 woods. So, as he lines up his putt from the fringe, he hits it 3 feet past and then takes out the stick and places it on the edge of the green and proceeds to miss that putt. Then the fun part. He throws his ball in the water, and kind of puts in the flagstick crooked, and was swearing all the way to clubhouse. So, anyways, I finished my bucket and I walk down to the putting green, where this kid was. He said he birdied three holes in the middle of his round, and blah blah blah. This kid is famous for lying about his score. So, since he was playing "well" I invited him to play with me and try to go for the course record which is +1.

He said he had to leave, but I told him he should at least play 5 holes and see how he's doing. He took a bogey on the first hole, tripled the third, and walked in.

I'm getting kind of bored of this kid. He lies about his score all the time and when he's in competiton, he always shoots in the mid forties and says that he never plays that way. I should mention that he almost always plays by himself.

I don't know about your guys courses, but I've only found a few kids that actually shoot what they say they do. I don't know about the junior golfers at your courses, but I'm sick of the ones at mine.

Thanks for letting my blab.

• Administrator
I'm getting kind of bored of this kid. He lies about his score all the time and when he's in competiton, he always shoots in the mid forties and says that he never plays that way. I should mention that he almost always plays by himself.

There's a kid at my country club, Kevin, who claims to be a 5.5 handicap. You must be a 6.5 or less to even enter our local (Erie District Golf Association) men's events.

The kid entered one and shot 103. He entered another later in the year and shot 87. He'd improved, yes, but a 5.5 index he still is not, no. And believe me, that's the very short version of that story.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
I've got nowhere to be...

I do. Let's just say he challenged me to a match (his 5.5 versus my then 3.8) once on the sixth hole. I'd just watched him (he was playing behind me and a pal) duff 95% of the 40 swings (three balls, etc.) he'd taken to that point.

He wouldn't bet more than $10, which wasn't enough for the four hours of torture I'd endure. How fun is it really to watch "a 5.5 index" struggle to break 100?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do. Let's just say he challenged me to a match (his 5.5 versus my then 3.8) once on the sixth hole. I'd just watched him (he was playing behind me and a pal) duff 95% of the 40 swings (three balls, etc.) he'd taken to that point.

Ehh.. that's almost funny. But, it just seems to me that teenagers are more likely than adults to have a vanity handicap. I would've took his $10...

My high school golf team tryouts have seen some of the worse fake scores I have ever seen. We are a rather small school so there is only about 4 kids that are really good. Kids have picked up balls from bunkers and thrown them into fairways, taken about 3 mis hits, yet only say that they took one. The only official we have for the tryouts is our golf coach who is driving around in a golf cart, so once he drives away, it is pretty much anything goes. They start next week, and I know I need to play great, or cheat my butt off to make it. Wish me luck!

Adams RPM 430Q, 9.5 Aldila 65NVS
Cobra F speed 3 wood
Nike CPR 5-PW
Cleveland 900 series 52 degree wedge
Titleist Oil Can Spin Milled 58 degree wedge (freaking sweet, go get one)

My high school golf team tryouts have seen some of the worse fake scores I have ever seen. We are a rather small school so there is only about 4 kids that are really good. Kids have picked up balls from bunkers and thrown them into fairways, taken about 3 mis hits, yet only say that they took one. The only official we have for the tryouts is our golf coach who is driving around in a golf cart, so once he drives away, it is pretty much anything goes. They start next week, and I know I need to play great, or cheat my butt off to make it. Wish me luck!

Good Luck!!!

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

I can add to this post for sure... I play by myself often, or with a few different guys from our club. I play well there, and in the club championships finished 7th, but when I get into competiton, things change, I don't relax, feel tension, and even when things are fine (amateur qualifying I was even after 9 holes), this inevietably end up bad. So people can say how does a 6 handicap shoot an 85... I say easy when you play like a 15!!!!

Fairways and greens fellas!

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

I guess I'm fortunate to be around some high school young men that don't have to brag about their scores. For the past two years they have won the State Title and the medalist honors. They are for the most part quiet and sure of their ability. They shoot in the mid to low 70s and three of the 5 "A teamers" received scholarships.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

To me, Friendship and Golf are kind of different in a way. I have friends that I play golf with and I have friends that I would never play golf with. I would avoid playing with cheaters at all costs. Its just not fun and ruins a good day of golf. I spend too much time and money having to worry about if this guy is gonna cheat and act like an *******. This happened to me yesterday. One of my friends is brand new to the game this year. Hes been telling me that he has been shooting around 90 when he goes out and plays. So yesterday we get out there for the first time together. After the holes were finished he would tell me he got a bogey when he really got a double or triple. So after the front nine he asked me how he did. I forget the number but for arguments sake lets say he got a 52. When I told him that he said theres no way, I was playing bogey golf the whole time. I said it is what it is. So on the 11th hole, he legitimately gets a 6 and tells me 5. I write down 6 like ive been doing all day. He then says wait and starts to add them up in his head and before he could finish I say " You got a 6" He replies "Oh I get it, I didnt know there were TV Cameras around." I said how about this you keep the scorecard and Ill tell you what I get every hole and then you can write down whatever you want for yourself, I really dont care, but If im keeping score the Im doing it right. He was very sour about this and for the rest of the round he was telling me the correct score. Pretty funny. I hate shit like that and needless to say I wont be playing golf with him again.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

if i was going to fake my score i'd say i shot a 67 every time.

Though the only way i'd do that is if i only counted my putts ;). haha

(ok i'm not thaaat bad, but i figured it'd be a good joke)

I'm terrible, but i have fun.

In the Bag:
Taylormade r580XD 10.5° Reg flex
3 + 5 wood - Dunlop graphite shaft parts from a set3-pw - Dunlop set that looks sorta like ping I3's (i'm sorely in need of an upgrade.)LW/SW/GW - Adams black 52, 56, 60 degree wedges.Putter - Ping Karsten Anser 34"Bac...

Don't do it (cheat your butt off). I can't imagine being able to still have fun when you know it is all a lie.

In the bag
Driver: HiBore (10.5, graphite - regular)
Irons: MX-23 (steel - regular)
Wedges: Vokey (56, 60 degrees)
Putter: White Hot 2-Ball Blade

if i was going to fake my score i'd say i shot a 67 every time.

If I were gonna cheat, it would be in the other direction so I wouldn't have to give so many strokes to sandbagger mother f'ers.

People who represent a BETTER handicap than they actually have only really hurt themselves with their false pride and false ability. They will make fools of themselves in tourneys, and asses of themselves with friends and opponents alike. People who represent a WORSE handicap than they actually have, hurt my wallet. I'd rather see a guy learn a lesson about saying he is better than he is by getting throttled in a match, than have to pay one or lose to one that is a better golfer than he claims just so he can win. I would never do it (lie about my handicap), and have weeded out players who have bettered me by being untruthful about their handicap (online handicap search available in Virginia). Only people who don't fix divots piss me off more, and not by much.......
In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Do they really think anyone beleives it? I think a few (very few) of them just write down the score they think they should have gotten. You know you chili dip a shot so don't count it so you get a feel for what you think you should shoot. Eventually everyone, except Tiger, learns you never shoot what you think you should.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Kids are not the only ones who can't count. Seen many guys hit a bad shot drop a ball hit a good shot and pick up the bad shot and never count the bad shots or the penalties for illegal play.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Kids are not the only ones who can't count. Seen many guys hit a bad shot drop a ball hit a good shot and pick up the bad shot and never count the bad shots or the penalties for illegal play.

Yeah, I posted above about that story with my friend. He was being so competitve with himself and getting mad at himself when he didnt get a GIR (by his standards), but the funny thing was on most holes his drive would go 5 feet so he would tee up another ball and then hit again and then claim he got a 4 or a 5. I had to cut him some slack cause he was just beginning, but still.....It was annoying.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Just to further from the last post on this topic....been playing awful lately and the RCGA handicap index indicates that I'm a 5.... well playing with these so called '12's' they shot like 76/77 and I shot an 81.. got killed fortunately no money was crossing hands... I play against them in a tourney today, I shoot 75 and they still shoot the 76/77.... That's a load of crap...guess I need to inflate my scores....I mean I can shoot 72 or 82, and if it isn't my course I can shoot 85... I mean what gives.. Last I heard you only shoot your handicap roughly 25% of the time. What are the odds of a '12' shooting 76 twice from the tips in the same week. I have to make 2 or 3 birds and keep the ball in play to shoot well, which I can, but a '12' should be shooting in the 80's consistently, not 4 over par. That would be like me shooting 68 which I've only done once in my life....whew, glad that's off my chest...

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

Note: This thread is 6458 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!