IGNORED

Old Golf Ball Question

Note: This thread is 5157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Some guy was selling a bunch of golf balls at a flea market. I bought a bunch to hit around the yard. Most are Bridgestone, Titliest and Wilson balls. In the bunch I found a couple of balls that seem to be very old. On the ball itself is printed: "BRISTOL" on one side and "FIFTY" on the other. I found on the internet there used to be a Bristol golf company.

Anyone heard of these? Thanks

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Sounds like you have a couple keepers. I wouldn't bang them around the yard any. Prolly not worth anything, but a display piece. No I haven't heard of Bristol golf. Maybe an old timer will have heard of them.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

You must mean really old timer...... ;)

You must mean really old timer...... ;)

Older than 45 buy a few years anyway!! lol

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Now your just hurtin my feelings............before you do anymore danage, I'm 54, so I need someone a little older than me.

Found this in my dads old golf bag. Bristol "Backspin Wedge"

Driver: R9 460
3 Wood: Big Bertha Diablo 3D
Hybrid: Rapture 24
Irons: X-22's 4-AW
Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

Now your just hurtin my feelings............before you do anymore danage, I'm 54, so I need someone a little older than me.

Well there ya go...a young fella found a Bristol sand wedge. Looks like you could still play it. How old is your Dad leftcoast?

There's a lot of club-maker's no longer in business. I have a set of Perderson blades my Dad played from the early 70's thru the early 80's. Their no longer around either.

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX

Well there ya go...a young fella found a Bristol sand wedge. Looks like you could still play it. How old is your Dad leftcoast?

He is 55. Doesn't play much anymore, would love to inherit his clubs but he is a righty. Has a bag full of old clubs.

Wedges: X Forged 58/10Putter: Black Series Tour Design #2 (Righty)Balls: Pro V1x Penta TP

I've found quite a "Bristol" golf balls. I live near a course and search the woods and water hazards every night for lost balls and sell them to pay for my membership.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

I was just looking through a bucket in the garage and found a bunch of old ones with what I assume is Japanese writing on them. Pretty old.

Here are a few vintage models:

I would love to find some like that to start a collection

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

Note: This thread is 5157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!