IGNORED

What is your "get out of trouble club?"

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 6444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a driving iron which I rely on quite a lot when in the trees or around and under bushes. I can hit it low and slice it or hook it if I want. It has saved me a bunch of strokes in the past.

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

For some reason I usualy grab a 7 iron in these situations...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

Whatever club is appropriate to the necessary shot. For low runners, I like the 4 iron, Mid trajectory irons, a 7, and those "skidders" I like the 60 deg.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Long shots from the rough 7wd. Long shots from under trees, 4 iron. Any other time I will probably go for the lob wedge. Thats probably the best one since it can save a hole in one swing.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

The club that always seems to help me is my PW. I always seem to find different ways to use it (open face, closed face, back of stance, front, etc.) No other club for me has been as much help inside of 120.

Outside of 120...it's a crapshoot

Caveman

I have a driving iron which I rely on quite a lot when in the trees or around and under bushes. I can hit it low and slice it or hook it if I want. It has saved me a bunch of strokes in the past.

ive never understood exactly what a "driving iron" is. anyway, to answer your question: depending on the trouble, i'll generally take more club than i need to get the ball where i want it. with the longer club i can just take a little less swing and focus more on impact. i dont really have a "get out of trouble club" but usually im most comfortable with the odd #irons.. 9,7,5,3 as opposed to 8,6,4. ive always hit them better.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

For getting out of the trees, I like my Adams i-Wood. I can hood it and hit a low screamer that will cover some ground while getting me back in play.

Titleist 907D1 10.5°
Titleist 906F4 15.5°
Titleist 906F4 18.5°
Wilson Staff Pi5 3-P
Titleist Vokey 56.14Cleveland CG12 60°Scotty Cameron Newport Two

ive never understood exactly what a "driving iron" is.

A driving iron is kinda unusual looking, at least the ones I've had in the past are. They normally have a bulbous back and about the same degree as a 1 iron. I've used one for years and it has saved me a bunch of strokes.

3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

whenever I have to be creative I usually grab the 5i, I am pretty comfortable with it and can make it do what I need for most situations.
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

I couldn't make a five iron work from under low hanging limbs, even if I hooded it and played it back in my stance. I would hit it tooooooo high and catch limbs. With the driving iron, the ball stays low and you can work it well. It just works for me and I can judge distances with it fairly well. Since it is longer however, I have to concentrate on not hitting it fat. I choke down and don't let up on it.

Unfortunately, I have to call on the "get out of trouble club" quite often. I use my 5-wood almost like a putter in these situations. If I'm fairly close to the green, I can just give it a putter swing almost. If I'm a little farther out, I can give it a decent rip. My aim is pretty decent with the 5-wood, and it's helped me numerous times.

I'd be lying if I said I never hit a tree while gambling, however.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
7 iron all the way... I can hit it 145- I also seem to be able to hit it 190 when needed. It can just do anything. That's why instead of a head cover- i have a small elastic band with a peice of cloth attached to slip over it when it's in my bag.

It's my Super Club.
In The Bag
Driver: Nike NDS
Hybrid: Ben Hogan CFTi 3 Hybrid (love it)
Irons: Nike NDS
Putter: Odyssey Ball: Titlist DT Solo Stat Tracker:www.oobgolf.com

If I am under trees I usually just try to punch out straight to the fairway. I don't worry about advancing the ball as that usually just gets me into more trouble. So for that I use a 7 iron. If my round is in trouble in general I fall back on my gap wedge as it is usually safer for me to hit 2 wedges rather than a fairway wood.

Just curious, what is everyones get into trouble club? For me it is my 7 wood off the short stuff. I used to have great success with it and have played lately with some false confidence.

Note: This thread is 6444 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!