IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator

Wow.

Can you find some of the shafts on eBay or something?

Did you end up in the MB? I thought they felt horrible, you said?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just to clarify, I tried out three different types of golf shafts on Mizuno, Srixon, and Titleist T100's. They were stiff flex versions of the Nippon 3 120g, Project X LS 6.0, and True Temper AMT Tour White S300. Not sure if it was the launch monitor used, but most of them had me launching at 20-22 degrees and had a peak height around 40 yards. 

I went to a different golf store, found some Titleist MB's with KBS Tour 130g X-Stiff. The ball flight on those was much better for a 7 iron. 17-18 degrees launch, mid 6000's RPM spin. The MB feel was trash. The T100's had way better feel on good strikes than the MB's. 

Right now, I am having Ben Hogan irons send me a club to try. For $25 bucks, its not that bad of a deal to demo it. 

It just looks like KBS Tour X-Stiff is the best shaft for my game. though, I think maybe soft stepping a C-Taper might work as well (per PXG fitting last year). I've been playing KBS Tour for about 5-6 years now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Demo’s a Ben Hogan PTx Pro irons today. I was impressed. 

it also gave me excuse to practice a bit. 

Overall pretty good. I was glad I could feel the transition piece pretty easy and feel when I wasn’t doing it correctly. I still find it crazy that it works for fire strange  it feels. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

New Iron Unboxing! 😊

I appreciate good packaging. A really nice box. 

IMG_0365.png

IMG_0367.png

4 Iron

IMG_0368.png

IMG_0369.png

IMG_0370.png

IMG_0371.png

7 Iron

IMG_0372.png

IMG_0373.png

IMG_0374.png

IMG_0375.png

I got them with KBS C-Taper X-Stiff soft stepped once. The lofts match my current set. Which basically added 1 degree to the wedge and 9 iron. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

hit the range today

Not the best. First time at the range this year with the first day of nice weather. 

DTL - Swing got too long in a lot of the swings. Path is OK. 

FO - Could sway back a bit more here. I thought I felt like I was. I need to do the hand path stuff better, send it out away from my body at A4. Sternum can can forward more at impact. 

Basically, need to continue to work on the stuff from my GEARS lesson. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Using some window (mirror) work and looking at my GEARS videos. I think I was missing how I was turning my right hip back. From the GEARS it looks like I swayed to the right, and the right hip would go back, like the hip joint gets pulled back, as I gain extension in my right side to keep the spine tilt how I wanted. In the above video, I was more concerned with feeling just extension and I missed the sway back and how the right hip turn matched up with the extension. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the driving range. 

Did a little bit of work on the backswing stuff and transition stuff. Worked a bit more on how turn throw impact. 

Still a bit too much hip slid towards target and struggling getting right side through better. 

Backswing was a bit better. I did a bit more right hip back and extension. Right now, I can do like what feels like 60-70% backswing speed, and feeling the transition piece, and turn through and hit the ball pretty good. I am glad I can do that. 

On full speed shots, the contact is generally decent, though I was slightly toe side of the sweat spot. My misses were always straight draws. Face to path is consistently a tad off. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Got my golf trip in 6 days. Beautiful day out means driving range session! Mostly today was finding a swing, and finding solid contact. Videos will come later. They are uploading from my phone to my MacBook and it takes a while. 

Just some thoughts. 

1. I might play with weakening the grip a bit. It makes me feel like I have to flip less at the ball. 
2. With my downswing stuff, starting my turn sooner down at the ball with my right side helps a lot. I have to make sure I do it with feeling my right side gets forward sooner. If I don't, my hips will fly towards the target and my upper body lags behind.  
3. The transition piece is a work in progress. I am struggling to feel how that move should work versus casting the club. When I think I got it, and I cast the club, I hit very high shots. When I get it right, I hit very good trajectory shots. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yay video!

The first one is starting the body turn sooner for the downswing. It feels like when my left shoulder gets to my chin, I start the right side turning through. The thing I noticed is the club doesn't carry on as much. 

This one I didn't do as well... The turn carries on, and the club carries on. 

Most of my shots were straight to slight pull draws. It was hard for me to send the ball out to the right. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

When it gets across the line for you (with that late right arm/elbow/wrist stuff), it's always going to want to kick back "under" on the downswing/transition.

Remember that from 3 it's mostly a little more turn with a little "lift" but not any more "twist" (of the arms, not your body).

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

45 minutes ago, iacas said:

Remember that from 3 it's mostly a little more turn with a little "lift" but not any more "twist" (of the arms, not your body).

By lift you mean arms or hands go up. Right elbow bends and gets some width from the chest?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

By lift you mean arms or hands go up. Right elbow bends and gets some width from the chest?

Yeah. Feels like it stays a tiny bit laid off. Not twisted across the line.

Finally first round of golf this year and it was a struggle. 

Just super inconsistent. No idea why I was hitting push slices. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Just super inconsistent. No idea why I was hitting push slices. 

This is completely random but sometimes its good to remember that the golf swing is sideways motion. 

Vishal S.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

No idea why I was hitting push slices. 

Sure you do. Take it step by step. Step 1: the face was open. Why?

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Sure you do. Take it step by step. Step 1: the face was open. Why?

Club stuck behind me, so it’s hard to square it up. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So a feel that worked pretty good today. 

Turn left shoulder under chin. Arms feel like they raise up more. When left shoulder gets to chin, start turn forward. Right shoulder and right side through. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok, figured something out with the swing and it still holds with the notes I posted the other day. Its more that I do left with my arms. So, fling arms up with shoulder turn, start downswing when left shoulder gets to chin. I figured out my pitching. More weight forward. turn torso to target more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag