IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Played 9, tried to focus more on right shoulder down and around. I tend to fake the turn by dropping the right shoulder down and stall turning. Hit a few too many toed irons. 

I need to couple the right side down and turn move with a steadier head. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I finally got to use my Mevo today. I keep forgetting to take it with me to the range. 

I wanted to get some yardages for my distance wedges. I think they will be a little off because my smash factor was way down. I contribute this to my launch angle being way too high. On a full swing, my LW has a launch angle of 40+. PGA tour is probably closer to 32ish. Interpolating a bit on that number. My smash factor was around .95. I would guess a PGA Tour players is 1.1-1.15ish for a LW. 

I found my peak height for my full swing PW to be to high. It was up at 45 yards. 

I think I need to try to hit them a bit lower. I tried this a bit with the last few full PW shots. I got the smash to be around 1.25, peak height in the low 30's. The distance was much longer and way less effort to do so. 

Once I nail down hitting my wedges at the right trajectory, I will go back and map the distances they go. 

If I had to guess off the good shots, 

LW: 45,65,85,105
SW: 60,80,100,120
GW: 75,95,105,135
PW: 90,110,130,150

These are P2, P2.5, P3, P4 positions

For the most part, everything felt solid. Just not optimal impact conditions. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

If you were using range balls, too, Matt… they launch higher. Firmer cover, etc.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

If you were using range balls, too, Matt… they launch higher. Firmer cover, etc.

It did cross my mind a bit. I wasn’t sure how much to account for. 

Does range mats cause higher launch as well? 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

It did cross my mind a bit. I wasn’t sure how much to account for. 

Does range mats cause higher launch as well? 

They can. Especially if your swing is a little different.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

They can. Especially if your swing is a little different.

I wasn’t sure. I’ll take the Mevo to the course sometime and hit some Snells. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 9 holes today. Struggled with my downswing piece. I believe it was linked to my backswing. Even when I did make a good downswing move I was blocking my irons and drives 10 degrees right. I got lucky on one drive to toe draw it back a bit. 

On the last few holes I decided to put in a bit of focus on making sure the clubhead went more up (umbrella feel) and it helped out. 

Might be time to add in some backswing stuff on the range to clean it up a bit. 

Feeling confident things are going in the right direction. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range. Worked on my backswing. Tried to figure out something that would not hinder my ability to turn better. 

Current Swing

Feeling the club is pointing more towards the horizon. If the Swing was a tilted clock face, something like 10 o’clock. 

Here is FO, focusing on shorter

Here is face on pitching

here is DTL pitching

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just some snap shots of the videos above.

want to stop here, 

8DF1236F-CBC3-40B5-B12B-A451C3024EC3.png

The club and right arm travel a bit in transition. Not terrible, and much better than my overswing. 

FF53F0F5-53F2-4AE0-93C9-D168FCBC11C0.png

Impact is solid. Looking at the ball more. Trying to stop the tilt backward look up move. 

C0ACE0BE-730E-4DD1-80B9-68F29FDEED50.png

Much better position here. The feel is what I described above. Feel like the club is pointing at the horizon behind me to keep the swing short. A bit of umbrella feel to make sure the club isn’t going too far inside. 

CC9E8784-E6F0-4CB7-9189-B5B82C70939B.png

A6 is pretty good. Club head travels through the hands here. 

28794697-9906-411F-95D2-48406E113DED.png

Impact is good. Probably could maintain my spin tilt better. Hips are open and shoulders are slightly open. Much better than what is use to be, shoulders closed. 

13C36948-8E33-4BC0-A287-E9778680735A.png

Overall, happy with the progress. Going to keep working on shortening the swing and turning better. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range before it downpourred. 

Worked on some short game. Tried to work on low point control and good backswing length. 

Worked on my backswing length. Things were much better. This shorter swing feel worked well for distance wedges as well, and it helped lower the flight with out feeling like i needed to hit it low.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

It might be time for a putting lesson. Putting alignment feels way off. I take my alignment and it feels like my feet are pointing way open. When I lay my club down it’s on the line I want. I wonder if my body and club face is not lining up with me feet. 

When I try to not take the putting inside on the back stroke I feel like it’s going up too much. The ball off the putter is hoping off the ground a bit too much. It’s not a smooth roll. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

13 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It might be time for a putting lesson. Putting alignment feels way off. I take my alignment and it feels like my feet are pointing way open. When I lay my club down it’s on the line I want. I wonder if my body and club face is not lining up with me feet. 

When I try to not take the putting inside on the back stroke I feel like it’s going up too much. The ball off the putter is hoping off the ground a bit too much. It’s not a smooth roll. 

Film your setup DTL and FO and post it here. I sent in videos to Evolvr doing this. We may see something.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Some putting videos

At 15 FT

At 40 FT

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Putting stroke is meh. I keep wanting to push heel the putts. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A little better on the practice green. I’m trying to track the putter with my eyes more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Those putting strokes didn't look bad to me.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Those putting strokes didn't look bad to me.

Sometimes alignment feels out of whack. I struggle to consistently hit the center of the putter face. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Sometimes alignment feels out of whack. I struggle to consistently hit the center of the putter face.