IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Well I would square up the right foot first to discourage any sway onto theΒ back foot in the backswing. I would widen the stance a touch by moving the leftΒ foot out which would in affect move the ball back in the stance and lastly I would try and encourage more hip turn through impact rather than a hip slide.

So basically a wider base and more turn through impact.

I feel that would help Matt get the ball first then the divot.

Β 

• Administrator

Well, you’re right about one thing:Β you do see things differently than we do.

Thank you for sharing.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Bob Mac said:

In that case I better stay out of the 'My swing''Β part of the forumΒ πŸ‘

No need. Just know that we may disagree occasionally:

Also, knowledge that PGA Tour players get 90% or so of their pressure under their front foot at impact, and slide their hips forward to create axis tilt, informs our Key #2: weight forward at impact. Tough to do that when you're just turning.

01.jpg

Those lines were drawn on the outside of their hips at A4 (top of the backswing). Here's another:

01.jpg

Square feet and a wider stance, in my experience, is far, far, far more likely to cause swaying.

You can continue to talk, but maybe talk more about theory and stuff for awhile. See if you might not learn something (or us from you)?

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

9 hours ago, Bob Mac said:

I've also just noticed that you run the forum too so I'll definitely keep my opinions to my self.

Once again, apologies.

That doesn’t matter.

No need to apologize. If you are willing to learn some new stuff, then check out the linksΒ posted.Β 

Β 

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

That doesn’t matter.

No need to apologize. If you are willing to learn some new stuff, then check out the linksΒ posted.Β 

This. We like and encourage debate so long as people don’t get personally attached to the information.

Range work today

Β 

Working on the backswing stuff.

This is more left shoulder down feel and feeling right elbowΒ above the left more in the backswing.Β Also trying to feel like the club doesn’t fly inward early.Β 

Top of the backswing just kinda happened on its own.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Top of the backswing just kinda happened on its own.Β 

Yep.

Nice work @saevel25, especially that last swing in the second video. Can see how the body is more encourage to crankΒ up the rotation with the improved body and faceΒ  inclination.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Worked on the swing again

Face On View

DTL view

Not sure I’m getting this backswing right with the practice. The feel right now is a very steep shoulder turn. I’m concerned about the face on view and my left hip movement.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Not sure I’m getting this backswing right with the practice. The feel right now is a very steep shoulder turn. I’m concerned about the face on view and my left hip movement.Β ο»Ώ

What about it?

I was concerned that a more steep shoulder turn would lead to sitting into my left side too much. With my too much lateral shift towards the target, would make it hard to turn through.

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

The steep shoulder turn feels like I am stretching my right side more at A4,Β and almost a tilting/movingΒ towards the target at the top of the backswing.Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

The steep shoulder turn feels like I am stretching my right side more at A4,Β and almost a tilting/movingΒ towards the target at the top of the backswing.Β 

You can still stay in a little forward flexionΒ or "over your right hip. That's independent of left side bend.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

You can still stay in a little forward flexionΒ or "over your right hip. That's independent of left side bend.

Ok

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

Did a small 5 minute session this evening before bed.Β 

I focused more on keeping the butt end of the club facing me more, than letting it tip outward, sending the club head inward. Coupled with the steeper shoulder turn.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

Played 9 holes. For the most part I was happy with the swing. Shots were Β straight draws.Β 

I had a few hiccups with the driver on the last two holes.Β 

Putting wasn’t good, though the greens were super slow tonight.Β 

The feeling I tried.Β 

1. Steeper shoulder turn while keeping the butt end of the club facing me longer. Also feeling some slight loading into my right side.

2. Right side stuff.Β 

Β 

Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

Worked on the backswing a bit this evening. I might add a bit of wrist hinge, and softening of the right arm around A2-A3. I think keeping them straighter makes it difficult to keep the club from being thrown too inside.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag