IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hold on....are you comparing Alshon Jeffery to "Big Play 8"? Ok...ok...I almost choked from laughing. Alshon played in all 13 games, AJ played all 13 his freshman season. AJ just had 10 more catches, for 200 yds and 2 more td's...Oh yea, and he RUSHED for 61yds. That is more than Alshon by a large margin. Next AJ, was SEC Freshman of the year...Alshon, nope. Alsohn was 4th team ALL-SEC, AJ a mear 1st teamer. AJ named twice as the Pontiac Game Changer of the week as a freshman. You say that's not enough, well lets see I'll throw in a semi-finalist for the Biletnkoff Award (Top Reciever) as a sophmore, and I'll raise you a blocked field goal for chits and giggles. All of this while trying to split time with a much better corp of wide recivers.

The only thing Alshon has in common with AJ Green at this point is an A and J in their names!!!

P.S. Saunders was the only thing ya'll had goin against last year, and he was nasty!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jeffery may have played 10 plays in first three games and scored as many td's as green last year. Just remember what i told ya. You gotta have somebody that can throw him the ball.

909D Comp 10.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5 Stiff
CB2 3 Wood 15* Graphite Design X-Quad 68 Gram Stiff
906F2 5 Wood 18* Aldila NV 75-S
Idea Pro 20* Hybrid Matrix Ozik Altus Stiff
J36 Cavity Back 4-PW Project X 6.0 52* & 58* CG12 DSG DGS300Anser X 33.5"B330S

p.s. The gamecock receivers are far superior to UGA's. It's not even close

I just have one thing to say...

WRECK EM TECH!

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

And sense we are both SEC guys, Im sure you like Tennessee as much as i do. This video kills me. I love it.

Just an FYI in Freshman seasons, AJ didnt play that much in the first 2 games... and had 2 more TD's than Jeffey.

You dont worry about our QB, you guys are gonna be sick of hearing about Aaron Murray, when its all said and done. He was only top 3 QB, coming out of High School, MVP of the Elite 11 camp, WAS MR. FLORIDA FOOTBALL AS A JUNIOR!!!! Two state titles in FL in 3 years. Dont worry about us, and having someone that can throw it.

yea, tell me how Demario Bennett #83 ranked wideout compares to Marlon Brown #3 overall wideout??? The cocks are gonna be tough, but dont be delusional!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered my UConn Huskies season tickets about a month and a half ago. Looking forward to it!

First off, let me say I am impressed with what Uconn has managed in a small time, and there is only good things in their future. But that statement cracks me up.

I ordered my tickets for this year, last year! I have to have all my "minimum donation" in by December so I can then buy the tickets in Jan. Its a minimum donation of $2400 this year just to have the right to purchase tickets for next season. But then again, I bet its that way for Eagles or Giants tickets up there. They can't give away Falcon's tickets with an Extra Value meal here!

The tickets were only like $72 total so I can't totally sympathize with you on that one, though I can say this: that is a ton of money just to be able to get tickets.
But Eagles tickets I think are similar, and there is a loooong waiting list for them and they're pretty damn expensive IIRC.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not this year but....Years ago FSU wanted a home and home against Ne, Ne refused, Fsu played 4 at NE, beat'em twice. Being from Iowa, we hate Ne. All through the eighties and 90's it was FSU on the road playing anybody, anytime, year in year out, toughest schedule in the country. They are the team that started the ESPN on campus shows. Took the family on vacation years ago, during the Dieon era, stopped at FSU on the way home. The receptionist told us if we would have stopped a week earlier, on the way down, we could have seen the spring game. Seeing the disapointment in my kids faces, she made a call. In a flash an old janitor appeared, he says, " lets go I got keys to everything ". We got a personal tour of the entire complex, Bobby's office, weight room, locker room, kids got to hold players jersey's for pics, etc. Go Noles Baby!!!

Isn't Ohio State like 0-9 against SEC teams?

In bowl games. I believe our total record is 3-11-1 overall. Still not pretty.

I'll admit that we struggle against the SEC as a conference. The thing that bugs me is the SEC teams have the only fans I know that would rather chear for a conference when they know their team gives them no grounds to stand on. For example: A VERY close friend of mine is an Auburn fan. We jab back and forth, all in good fun, but when he starts talking and I say we're better and back my claims with historical fact he resorts to "Ohio State is 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games!" OK? How many of those were Auburn? That's what I thought. Shut up. :) It's all good. Fandom is fandom and everyone has a claim for why this team or conference is better than that. Arguements can be had until everyone is blue in the face. In the end, as long as you back your TEAM and don't jump on the bandwaggon, good for you. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

What do you guys think about Boise State? They are ranked really high and don't really have a tough schedule. I don't think it would be right for them to possibly beat Virginia tech and Oregon State and then play Alabama or someone for the title. Doesn't seem fair.

Opinions?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

What do you guys think about Boise State? They are ranked really high and don't really have a tough schedule. I don't think it would be right for them to possibly beat Virginia tech and Oregon State and then play Alabama or someone for the title. Doesn't seem fair.

I think that if they did go it'd be like Hawaii vs. Georgia. Everyone hyping Hawaii but then Georgia womps on them.

Boise St. is good but not Championship caliber.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I think that if they did go it'd be like Hawaii vs. Georgia. Everyone hyping Hawaii but then Georgia womps on them.

I agree. This is the main reason I don't like pre-season rankings. If they "were" to make it to the championship game, it wouldn't be fair, IMO, because of the schedule strength

Bryan A

I agree. This is the main reason I don't like pre-season rankings. If they "were" to make it to the championship game, it wouldn't be fair, IMO, because of the schedule strength

Exactly. It's hard to be "fair" with 120 teams, most of which think they should go if they have 2 losses or less. I'll say this much, I'd much rather we play Boise St in the NCG (if we make it) than Alabama. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Exactly. It's hard to be "fair" with 120 teams, most of which think they should go if they have 2 losses or less. I'll say this much, I'd much rather we play Boise St in the NCG (if we make it) than Alabama. :)

I can see that!! Alabama is tough man. I am a Vols guy so I don't have a lot of hope right now.....maybe in a couple of years.

Bryan A

Note: This thread is 4716 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!